What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

from seed to be able to take cuttings

terrier

hi guys how long does it take growing from seed to be able to take cuttings I need just a rough idea. under a 300w cfl

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
when you're topping or fimming the seedplants you can have faster side branching

Three weeks after true leafs appear, and side branching has started take the top, then every three to four weeks. As growth dictates.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I agree with OakyJoe get good side branching let them get nice and big and take it dip it in organic Aloe gel and put it into a cup of living soil with a baggie on top and leave it for 4-5 + weeks or until you see roots I haven't been disappointed since I learned that method of cloning reason I still have Alieno Formaggio F-2 and Blue Cookieberry Crunch S-1 best of luck my friend

Lrus007

Veteran
i just happened to pop a seed month or so ago.
seed sprouted sep 9 grown with 1k light.
took 1st clone on oct. 6.
took 2 more on oct 30.
nov 4 i put seed plant into bud.*photo
i have 3 rooted clones.
7 weeks from seed to bud room.
durban poison fem seed.
hope this helps
Lrus007

Attachments

• DSCN2445.jpg
    DSCN2445.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 24

Earlmarne

I took cuts off my recent seed plants at 5 weeks from germ. Took tops, then took a few more off each 3 weeks later.
I think this is strain/growth dependent. I took tops as soon as I could take a big healthy cut and leave four to six branches under. I could have sped this up with co2 and stronger lighting

terrier

lrus007 this is very helpful. and earlMarne and all you other guys thank you all very much for your reply's. you helped me out more than you think. cheers guys thank you very much