What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone know of a good canna-tea recipe?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
So I eased off smoking and am looking for new ways to ingest and get super stoned. Does anyone have any good recipes for making some tea?

I would prefer to go the tincture route since it can be made then stored for awhile until needed. Edibles, at least in terms of cookies, brownies and such have a short shelf life and I was looking to make something that could be added to tea or other beverages/food when needed that would last a bit.

I think I also remember seeing something on making some sort of paste/oil with hash and citric acid that can be added to things. I have over a pound of dried bud to play with and am open to suggestions. Been plagued with insomnia and am looking for some much needed rest.

I've never done this before and could use some advice. Thanks!

Cvh

Supermod
Below is a recipe for traditional Indian Bhang tea (Indian Cannabis Drink).

In the end you can brew also just a cannabis tea out of dried or fresh flowers or trim. You should just need to add fat (Butter/Oil/Milk/Cream/...) to dissolve the active components.

You can read about the basics of making Cannabis tea here:
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Marijuana-Tea

Recipe for traditional Indian Bhang tea
https://www.holifestival.org/bhang-recipes.html

Ingredients:

2 cups water
1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant) Use less when using dry flowers or hash!
4 cups warm milk
2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds
1/8 teaspoon garam masala (a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon)
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater
1 cup sugar

Method

Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes.

Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of cheese cloth, collect the water and save.

Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water.

Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass.

Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue.

Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk.

Chill, serve, and enjoy.

bhang-or-marijuana-milk.jpg

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I make chocolate from 100% cacao, cocoa butter and coconut oil in equal parts, with mint and vanilla essence to take the taste away

They keep in the fridge for weeks without losing potency

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I love teas! I drink both sweet iced tea and some hot (I prefer warm) herbal teas. Lemon balm is my favorite.

I always wanted to try to make a great tasting cannabis tea.

Because of absorption problems it takes massive doses of concentrates for me to feel it when taken orally.

Anybody tried any of these teas that taste great? Not worried about getting high because it's just not gonna happen orally. I wonder if I should add more or less when making purely for taste. They are only using half a g- probably because more than that would be too strong of a buzz for normal people.

Gry

Am a sucker for hash tea, and suppose you may be referring to the method left by the user 'badkittysmiles'.
https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction
A little of it added to 15 mls of coconut or olive oil and mixed well, then add the tea.
Works well for me.

Held in the mouth for a moment prior to consumption,
results in a quicker liftoff.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Am a sucker for hash tea, and suppose you may be referring to the method left by the user 'badkittysmiles'.
A little of it added to 15 mls of coconut or olive oil and mixed well, then add the tea.
Works well for me.

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. Tried looking it up but couldn't find it anywhere. I take it that this is your favorite method Gry?

DrDee

Works well for me.

Hey thanks for that Gry. I do the same thing. I based it on the Yak butter tea that Sherpas drink to maintain energy and warmth in their hostile climate. Works great...
JD

JD-4-2-0

Most I know will infuse in butter or coconut oil. A little piece of this then works well in the tea, I think generally it is butter for coffee and coconut oil for Tea.

Latest posts

Latest posts