What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning dddaver and the rest of the IC supporters.

Cool and cloudy out....need to hit the ground running. Couple of friends stopping by the house first thing and will spend the day watching College Football and making Bubble Hash. I have about 2lbs of trim and I don't like having the extra weight (waste). Tonight is will be around an oz of hash.

Arthritis is flaring up in my left wrist today. Couple of anti inflammatory pills hopefully will settle this down a bit....at least to a point where I can function.

Door bell just rang.....gotta go....BB later.

St. Phatty

Shaked the rain off 3 of the 4 outdoor plants. But these are not them, these are the Chicken-feed plants.

attachment.php

There was a "Raggedy plant" thread but I can't find it.

These 3 plants were fed to the chickens all summer long. About every 2 weeks, then they go back to the corner to re-grow.

Then, I had one male, "2018 male", so the 3 plants got a chance to meet him.

They have been through a lot and now they have a few more weeks to make sure the seeds are GOOD.

When I took the pic, I was standing next to a pile of cardboard & good intentions. Which is now wet so one of goals for the day is building up the Cardboard Recycling pile.

I hate paying money to throw stuff away.

Of course, I'm mainly taking Penicillin and painkillers and waiting for the Taxidermy Treatment on my tooth on Tuesday, assuming I live that long.

I'm working part time on an analysis of the tooth infection, based on learning that started when I was a full time patient at the Dugoni Dental school in SF. Basically writing it up like a dental student with citation references etc. A subset may end up becoming a Yelp review of the dentist that caused the tooth infection.

Attachments

• IMG_20181006_082257_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181006_082257_+__.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 47

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Lady G....I assume you mean McGreggor? If so yep. Thinking it is around $65....last month I ordered the TJ Dillashaw fight.....Lasted less than 5 minutes! I guess I got my $$$ worth. At least the guy I wanted won. I love the MMA.....much better that boxing these days.

@ St Phatty. Sorry about your tooth infection. What is going on with Dentists these days. Both my daughter and wife had issues from going to the dentist. We are changing.

In the process of making bubble hash and watching Tx/Ok football. Couple of local teams later today.

Hope all are having a great Shatterday.......

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Fruits of my labor today. Bubble hash. I still need to clean up the mess but watching some Foot ball at the moment.

picture.php

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Thanks Phatty. I usually make Kief out of Indica trim but hash this time. I like sativa hash...not so laid back. But, I have a feeling this would put me out....maybe test some when I get into bed and try and watch the news.

St. Phatty

#1 Besides Coffee

Let Mother Silkie Bird outside with her 2 babies.

They are the reason the one bathtub is filled with pine shavings.

attachment.php

#2 Clean the Porch

All that cardboard & good intentions.

Back porch, Categories of Stuff ~

Cardboard that can be recycled
Stuff that should be thrown away

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20181007_072336_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181007_072336_+__.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20181006_093702_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181006_093702_+__.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 42

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. Trying to get used to the cold. I still haven't cleaned up my mess from making hash. Need to get outside to wash out the bubble bags but 40f and drizzle. Yuk!!!

Phatty, you have some work to do....looks like the birds rule the place....so do my critters.

Lady G, did you watch the fight....I heard the best part of the fight was the brawl after the fight. McGreggor = chaos....love it.

Will watch the Broncos/Jets game in a few....I hate east coast games.....start to early for me...I need to get downstairs and check in on things before the game....

More coffee....

St. Phatty

Morning all. Trying to get used to the cold. I still haven't cleaned up my mess from making hash. Need to get outside to wash out the bubble bags but 40f and drizzle. Yuk!!!

Phatty, you have some work to do....looks like the birds rule the place....so do my critters.

More coffee....

With the assistance of a mountain lion, the birds have been convinced to re-consider their heritage as ground birds, and to roost 15 feet up in a pine tree.

They have to be taught as a flock because the night-time jockeying for position in their adopted coop, is a group activity.

Bird psychology makes it a more interesting problem to solve. Last night the main rooster chose to roost in the tree instead of on the fence. That put him within 10 feet of the other young rooster. That can be an explosive situation.

I don't like coops, because they tend to eventually become death traps.

I have about a month to get a tarp over the top of the pine tree so that they will be protected against wet weather, the only way they can be outside.

Since I don't have everything figured out for them, there is a hole in the garage that they use to go in there. I leave the lights on so that if a raccoon gets in the birds can see and hopefully get themselves to a safe roost.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning....happy Moanday. Rain, rain and more rain. Colo really needs this but can't this happen when I am sleeping and have the sun come out during the day. I got my yard aerated yesterday and I would like to get out and start cleaning up the mess but not in the rain.

I have two plants that need and intermediate flush so will get that out of the way first thing. Veg room needs to be fed as well. Looking like a good day to work downstairs.

Right now though...another cup of coffee and look out the window at the rain...

7thson

Morning,We just had a bunch of rain over here.Now were up to 3" of rain for the year.

Not much going on here today,just have to water the outdoor gardens and get some RO h2o for the indoor garden.I think it's only going to be 74 today,alright!! No rain though.

Enjoy the day everyone!:biggrin:

St. Phatty

Watering winter lettuce with manure tea.

Got into a bit of tug of war with the local rodent population.

Had to erect wire mesh enclosures around the mini-grows.

This is on the Southwest Edge of a 100 square mile chunk of forest - and the creek went dry about 6 weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure animal infant mortality skyrockets when the closest predator animals can get to a drink of water, is a baby quail, or maybe one of the rodents I'm admiring.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I went with 2 cage designs. The group of 5 does not have a wire mesh bottom, just a few inches of driveway gravel to slow down the critters.

The group of 2 has a wire mesh bottom with 1/2 inch holes. I'm a little concerned that the roots may not like being in contact with zinc coating on steel, i.e. the galvanized wire.

It's very interesting to see how each spot gets the sun, and then loses the sun. I'm using the US gov. altitude-azimuth website to figure out how many hours of sun I'll have in a month.

MUSIC QUESTION -
What rock & roll song are they playing as background music for the surf contest highlights ?

http://www.worldsurfleague.com/posts/350982/yago-dora-wins-inaugural-red-bull-airborne-france

Attachments

• IMG_20181008_082801_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181008_082801_+__.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 35

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Looks good Phatty. Funny, you are just starting to grow and I am putting mine to bed. I live on a green belt that separates the house from a golf course. I fight critters, birds and bugs all summer. Birds, rats and bugs go after the maters. Rabbits actually leave the lettuce alone but love the green beans and carrots. Racoons love my grapes. Winter gives me a break. Good luck growing my friend.....

St. Phatty

Morning all. Trying to get used to the cold. I still haven't cleaned up my mess from making hash. Need to get outside to wash out the bubble bags but 40f and drizzle.

More coffee....

The older I get, the more Cold hammers me. The last few years I have compensated or reacted by forcing myself to go for a mile walk on old logging roads, up about a 600 foot vertical. If I am sweating when I get home, I can be productive in a cold house.

But I'm getting older !

I don't often recommend Walmart stuff but they have a small electric heater that really impresses me. About 1500 watts and $15.

attachment.php

Label, "Comfort Zone".

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Comfort-...-Portable-Space-Heater-Black-CZ442WM/21899614

My house has electric heat, so the past 2 years I have done a winter grow to keep 1 room bright and toasty. If you're gonna use electricity, might as well have one of them Metal Halide or HPS or LED heaters.

1 Kilowatt of LED - that would be a lot of light.

Now I'm trying to get the house ready for possible rental. 15 acres of West facing slope.

So I got to be good about not making a mess.

Originally I bought the heater for our well-house.

One of my neighbors is in a small trailer. After visiting him a few times on cold days, it makes it real obvious - it's way easier to heat a small space than a 1500 square foot house.

EDIT - DAMN !!! Look at that frosty bud.

Attachments

• IMG_20181008_130424_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181008_130424_+__.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited: