What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Howdy old stoners. Just wondering what is going on in your world today.

Winter is fast approaching and I slow down my grow in the summer to attend to outside chores. But, all lights have been re-lamped, new filters and everything has been cleaned in preparation for the indoor season.

Today is gonna be a nice warm fall day so I will get a walk in later. I have two Lemon Betty's and a Golden Pineapple just about to finish so am getting 2 Lucinda's and a Jackie O ready to replace them.

Still need to clean up in my grow area a bit so I think I will knock that out yet this morning.

One more cup of coffee and will get my lazy ass in gear.

7thson

Started my seeds yesterday.Have the room ready and waiting to flip the switch.

And it is a great time of year for walks with family and dogs.:woohoo:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Ok, finished all cleaning. I am a neat freak as far as my grow area goes. Amazing how much time I spend cleaning. But, if I stay on top of it....not so bad.

@ 7thson....I popped 4 Sweet Tooth seeds a while back and 3 turned out to be males. That is the thing I dislike about seeds. Damn things wouldn't show sex until I flipped them. Only took 3 days in the HPS lights for them to show. Pulled the males and now I have 3 dead holes in my flower tent. Wasted time. Plus had to take cuts from each to insure the continuance of the strain....pulled 9 of 12 starts....more wasted time....

Plants from seeds are more vibrant but I make up for that with out this boy/girl thing.

Ok, time for a walk. Actually has gotten pretty warm outside. Gonna do 6 miles today with a smoke break somewhere along the way.

dddaver

Veteran
Still freakin' hot down here in Florida. Days still hot, 88F with lows still in low 70s. Waiting to flip to HPS. Veg using LED. Small cab. 3 C-99 and Sweet Skunk. Hope at least 1 female. I think 1 is. Stinks when tying her down, pushing her under the screen. But just waiting for cooler temps to flower. Around 13 weeks veg I think.

7thson

Ok, finished all cleaning. I am a neat freak as far as my grow area goes. Amazing how much time I spend cleaning. But, if I stay on top of it....not so bad.

@ 7thson....I popped 4 Sweet Tooth seeds a while back and 3 turned out to be males. That is the thing I dislike about seeds. Damn things wouldn't show sex until I flipped them. Only took 3 days in the HPS lights for them to show. Pulled the males and now I have 3 dead holes in my flower tent. Wasted time. Plus had to take cuts from each to insure the continuance of the strain....pulled 9 of 12 starts....more wasted time....

Plants from seeds are more vibrant but I make up for that with out this boy/girl thing.

I wish i could do clones but don't like the idea of people sending me clones in the mail and I don't do perpetual.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. Sitting here sucking down another cup before going down to the grow. Lights just came on.

Cold front moving in on Colorado and the next 4 days are gonna be cold and wet. I will probably pick the last of my peppers and tomato's today. Can anybody say "Fried Green Tomato's? Still have Horseradish, beets and carrots left. Will be putting the veggie garden to bed before long.

@tthson. I have always done clones. I have worked a long time to get the strains I/my friends want. I pick up and let a strain go a couple of times a year but keep most every steady. Just picked up Sweet Tooth #3 a while back and the first on is 3 weeks into flower. Looks like a small yielding plant, at least on this first run. Most of my keepers yield well because of limited space.

Ok, lights have been on for 15 minutes.....gonna go stick my nose in and see what is happening.....

BB later....

7thson

Your ending your outdoor garden and I'm just starting mine.Just got some cukes and dill going,this time of year.

Heard good things about sweet tooth.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Afternoon all.

Yup, the garden is all but toast. I still have to process horseradish. Pain but my wife and I can't get enough of the stuff. Will spend the winter adding soil from my grow downstairs to it.

Took a ride with my neighbor out to the local reservoir to look at potential fishing spots for him and his grandson. Two retired old men farting around at the lake. Couldn't smoke as he doesn't indulge...to bad for him.

Back home and watching Baseball Playoffs. Out to dinner tonight.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I didnt get my ass out of bed until 10 am, had a cup of coffee then cut and packed deer meat all afternoon.
Brought some burger and steaks to a buddy's house and looked at his outdoor plants and pointed out some mold popping up on them. . He is vision impaired so had trouble seeing it. Helped him trim the mold and gave him some help rough trimming a big armful of branches.
Going to go help him finish it all up tomorrow.

Im trying to salvage a new worm bin. The black soldier fly larvae seem to be taking over and a recent food addition has gone thermophilic. The worms are abandoning ship.

Ive filled another bin with mostly cardboard plus a couple fruit pieces. Im trying to move the ones that bail out onto the garage floor.

Im a horrible pet owner!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Evening all guess what....I'm fucked up.

@ Capt,,,,,envy you.....I am up at dawn every day. Something about the morning....just like fishing...

Smokie , I have descendants from those parts. And the one that got away was from Muskogee.

Dav....respect....

I am stoned and gong to bed....tomorrow...

dddaver

Veteran
I like getting up way early too. Can actually hear myself think. Always have liked it. Even as a kid. Before all the psycho-babble starts. Started when I had an early morning paper route way back in the 60s I think. 4:30AM today.

Neither here nor there but thinking just yesterday how 50 years ago was '68. But 50 years before '68 was 1918. Whoa. Then WWI, flappers, Great Depression, Prohibition and Anslinger's shit, WWII, atomic bomb, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy assassinated. Lot happened.

I sure am an old fuck though. But think how it was about how it was in the 50 since that '68, then 50 years before that. Dough-boys and their flat helmets. Kinda trippy.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. Damn it got cold last night.

dddaver, yup 1968 was 50 years ago. That was the year I graduated High School. We just had our 50th class reunion last weekend. I didn't attend. 600 miles and a gathering at a Mr Steak with no booze? Bunch of teetotalers!! I haven't attended one reunion. High School and I didn't get along. I left and never came back. Do love the 60's though.

Lights have been on for 30 minutes now....I need to get my ass down there and check in.....

7thson

Got the sprouts all planted and the room is up and running.:woohoo:

Going to make tater tot hot dish today but need a couple of beers first, followed by a couple of bong hits.

Love this time of year!

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Up and at em' early today. Went fishing at day break for stripers. Didnt catch anything.
Then I had to go transfer a clients vehicle from one home to another in town.
Found a massive puffball mushroom in my back yard that I cooked for lunch with a deer steak. Tasty.
Dropped a few fresh clipped branches to a Jamaican friend who makes a concoction of herbs, weird looking seeds, rum and buds with it. I call it Voodoo juice. Stuff is some powerful. The longer it sits the more powerful it gets. I'm not sure what's in it but it makes for a killer smoothie additive in the morning. LOL.
Planning on being on my deer stand by 3:30 this afternoon.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Just finished down stairs. Some got nutes.....some got H2O. Veg tend didn't need anything today. Letting my R/O filter run until about noon.

@ Capt....sorry you didn't catch any fish. The brown trout will be starting their annual spawning run here about the 15 of this month. Every year between the 15 and the 25 huge brown trout make their way up small feeder streams to mate and lay eggs.

Five to twelve lb browns in 12" of gin clear water. If you are good with a fly rod, know where to go and what to use one can easily hook and land as many as 50 in a day.

By the way my user name is putembk.....put em bk. Not one of these fish will be harvested. They will be released back in the wild so they can finish their business and lots of baby trout will be on my line in the coming years.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Evening all. Gotten down right cold outside. Supposed to get snow by Monday. I got a lot done today. On here I got my avatar posted and even figured out how to post pics. Same server as the last place but this has an updated version. Why I don't take coffee breaks....you have to re-train me....

Sitting here drinking something that rhymes with snodka and smoking a bowl of Lucinda. Willies Wonder x Cindy 99. One of my most popular strains. Love the stuff....tastes like a peach bowl fizz......

So IC Mag.....lots of active members here.....what is going on...you been fishing, hunting, growing or just mentally masturbating....tell us we are listening...

dddaver

Veteran
Cool. I'm the exact same on high school reunions. 63 yo and never been to one. I didn't like the jocks and cheerleaders who ran shit then so why would I like them now? I was a low-life druggy who smoked pot. Fuck-em. And like you put em, I left a long time ago and never looked back. I still am in touch with a couple close buddies from back then though.

My fishing was in the spring and summer. School use to give April 1 off, free absence, cause it was the first day of trout season. The rainbow trout would be running up Grout Brook on Skineatlas Lake (sp?, one of the finger lakes in NY). BIG suckers.

But my best fishing experience was little Brookies up the Adirondack Mountains. Little suckers, only 8-10 inches. But fry up 5 or 6 in butter and that was so, so yummy Easy to get too. I was a catch and release guy too except for them.

C99 sure is some good shit. :biggrin: Enjoy your day.:smokeit:

Latest posts

Latest posts