What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's Mushroom time o year

St. Phatty

I have mushrooms on my property.

I noticed after one controlled burn, some kind of fungus sprung up within a week. The size of a US football, very fast growing.

What scares me about mushrooms is, I feel like I need to know ALL the species, so I can separate the poisonous ones from the non-poisonous ones.

I grasped the basic part about trying new foods, you just take a small bite. 1/10 gram or something.

dufous

Hen of the Woods, on Red Oak.

Attachments

• Hen of the Woods September 2018.jpg
    Hen of the Woods September 2018.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 31

dufous

It's a choice edible. When fresh. Texture is like chicken. Cook it like chicken, it tastes like chicken.

I took that picture Sunday morning. We've had a run of wet, cloudy weather. That spot has produced several flushes this year. I don't eat wild mushrooms, but I love to find them and identify the ones I don't already know.

al70

Veteran
i dont think i'll chance it dufous but at least i know what it's called now, goodluck.

Burt

Veteran
Amanitas are straight poison.
After you’ve had cubensis, you too will know this to be true.
Sure Amanitas will fuck you up, but in a bad way and I have to question these researchers who claim it to be Moska-lol
As a university student I studied ethnomycology and am old enough to have seen Terrence McKenna and Jonathan Ott in person. I too worship the mushroom, just not the evil Amanitas and flyagarics-those are excellent as organic insecticides if you wanna extract via ethanol or some crap along those lines
Amanitas and fly agarics are very proliferate all along the eastern sea aboard and never once have native Americans ever used them as a sacrament. Don’t know if the western tribes ever got into psilocybin but oaxcan Mexican shamans knew about them for sure and reluctantly turned on the west on the 1940’s which led to the time life article and cover
Hope this helped and happy shroomin!

M

metsäkana

anyone know what these are? :D IMG_3661.jpg Panaeolus sphinctrinus?? ?

Last edited:

scrogrow

Went out yesterday after a few nice days only found a couple of haymakers again but had to take the chance to scope some spots for next years gurillas

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I enjoy cubes and they reset my brain.

I'm looking into microdosing.

The research is staggering.

I always preferred the notsomicrodose.

I'm old enough to look into not shitting myself if I can avoid it.

We found a lot of amanitas growing in and around our canna garden. I thought they were A. frostiana, but on another forum they were believed to be muscaria. Which didn't seem to be right as ours had the scales but were a yellow golden brown.

Anyways they could be the best magic mushrooms of all time, but I wouldn't consume them... because of the risks. Still fun to find them before they over ripen and go from mushroom to just mush.

Latest posts

Latest posts