What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to keep moisture out of solvent tank

getting moisture inside the solvent tank that settles at the bottom after multiple runs. What can be done to prevent this? And yes there is a mol sieve.

troutman

Seed Whore
I hope this helps. :tiphat:

Making sure the weed is very dry beforehand helps.

I think the easiest thing for you is to take out the molecular sieves which are now probably saturated
with water. Once the molecular sieves are saturated with water they stop working as intended. You
can reuse them by dehydrating them by heating them up in a vacuum oven and pulling full vacuum.

I got this idea from here:

https://hemphacker.com/dehydrate-your-butane-and-improve-live-resin-yields/

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
getting moisture inside the solvent tank that settles at the bottom after multiple runs. What can be done to prevent this? And yes there is a mol sieve.

Sound like you are over running your mol sieve. You need more, or to service what you have more often.

I switched to using molded zeolite filter dryer inserts for AC application and building my own stainless case for them. We changed then out daily, but recovered then in a vacuum oven overnight.