What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cardiac Ablation

Smokerman

Veteran
If it isn’t my leg or my lungs it’s my heart.
They have this ablation procedure scheduled for mid January.
Has anyone here or anyone you know ever had cardiac ablation?
Call me a pussy but I’m not sure I can go through with it.
You’re awake for entire (2-4 hr) procedure.

St. Phatty

If it isn’t my leg or my lungs it’s my heart.
They have this ablation procedure scheduled for mid January.
Has anyone here or anyone you know ever had cardiac ablation?
Call me a pussy but I’m not sure I can go through with it.
You’re awake for entire (2-4 hr) procedure.

I suggest investigating your Doctor or Doctors.

at the Courthouse in the Civil Records section.

==> FIND OUT <== about any bad outcomes they've had

then try and talk with the patients involved.

THEN talk with your doctor or doctors about what happened in those cases.

You will learn things, and read things, that may raise your eye-brows.

If your doctor(s) aren't willing to discuss those cases with you - then HOPE is involved in your surgery.

You don't want to depend on hope.

You want to depend on Cold Hard Facts.

Pédetoddy

I make cardiac ablation first time when i have 15 years, and make second one month ago. Does not solve my cardiac arrytmya

Pédetoddy

I did it twice in Brazil and I'm alive you're safe. My first ablation was without sedation and it was horrible very painful and a lot of anxiety.The second ablation was with sedation and I saw nothing. the two operations were unsuccessful. I need to make a cryoablation this time..
My case is a rare exception.
Good luck.
My english is poor.

razor ridge

my mother had it done, was a pretty invasive surgery for her, it was several years ago though. Corrected her afib, but she still has some episodes.

Smokerman

Veteran
I suggest investigating your Doctor or Doctors.

at the Courthouse in the Civil Records section.

==> FIND OUT <== about any bad outcomes they've had

then try and talk with the patients involved.

THEN talk with your doctor or doctors about what happened in those cases.

You will learn things, and read things, that may raise your eye-brows.

If your doctor(s) aren't willing to discuss those cases with you - then HOPE is involved in your surgery.

You don't want to depend on hope.

You want to depend on Cold Hard Facts.

I’ve done a lot of research about this and it’s not something I really want to do, however I was in a car accident earlier this year and rushed to a local trauma hospital.
I have no memory of any of it except waking up at the hospital several hours later.
During the testing etc they said I had a cardiac episode that caused me to faint and subsequently suspended my drivers license.
All the doctors that I’ve seen to try and fill out the reinstatement forms have said only the cardiologist can do it.
So if I refuse this procedure I’m back at square one.
My back is to the wall on this one as I see no other way to get reinstated.
When I went for assessment a couple weeks ago the cardiologist brought up the license suspension, so I guess that they’re well aware they have you by the balls.

EastFortRock

I know someone that cured their intermittent AFIB by taking Taurine. (3 times more a day than the recommended dose written on the bottle.)

Smokerman

Veteran
So I had a talk with my family dr about this ablation and told him the only way I would agree to this is to be under general anaesthetic.
He said I should call the cardiologist to discuss.
Cardiologist has been on holidays til tomorrow but I did talk to his secretary today and she said it’s highly unusual to be put under but she will discuss it with dr tomorrow and let me know.
If he doesn’t agree , I can’t/won’t go through with it.
There is no chance in hell that I will lay still for 3 hours while they stick catheters thru my friggin groin.

razor ridge

they will do conscious sedation, and the procedure done via a catheter is minimally invasive. Thats the one you want over the other route. My moms they went in between the ribs on the right side.

Smokerman

Veteran
they will do conscious sedation, and the procedure done via a catheter is minimally invasive. Thats the one you want over the other route. My moms they went in between the ribs on the right side.

Can’t do it, can’t deal with it.
Whole thing FREAKS me out.
Had a simple angiogram few years back and got shit for moving.
Had several angioplastys on my leg and always insisted on a general, one doctor said they would do a spinal with sedation and I said no, he finally said ok to a general.
Can only do this under general anaesthetic.
I can’t even deal with it when they take blood.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it radiofrequency or surgical? Perhaps second opinion? Primary focus is to scar tissue to allow heart to beat normally. Always ask what are the options on procedures...radiofrequency or catheter ablation is least invasive. Good luck!

Smokerman

Veteran
Dr’s office called and set an appointment for tomorrow morning to discuss everything.
We will see how it goes as the procedure is booked for next Wednesday.

Smokerman

Veteran
Met with the cardiologist today and he said that he’s going to do electrophysiology first which only takes about an hour. Then they will decide to do ablation or implantable defibrillator.
He also said that they do conscious sedation, local anaesthetic, pain killers and Valium but you’re awake.
I said no.
So he decided that if he’s going to do general anaesthetic he would also do angioplasty at the same time due to a double bypass I had 17 years ago, because he said there is a strong possibility of blockages.
He said the grafts usually last about 10 years and mine are almost 18.
So pre-op is Friday then procedure is next Wednesday.
Based on my experience with anaesthesia doctors he will try and talk me into the conscious sedation.
But it’s my way or no way.
At least I got the cardiologist to agree with it.

Latest posts

Latest posts