What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Else Suffer From Insomnia

St. Phatty

Hey Icmag thought I would ask if anyone suffers from Insomnia.

Once I took Cinnamon Sugar Cookies that were loaded with whatever is in Cannabis leaves as well as what was in the buds.

They were very effective, sleep-wise.

So then the question is - what is in the leaves ?

I'm thinking that might be CBD.

Once I know more I'll post it.

I would try a variety of edibles, and ask people what is in the leaves.

Will try and find out more.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Now that I've found my NL, I sleep like a fucking 17 year old.

Smoke hits me quick, and oil puts me into a coma for a good 8 hours.

St. Phatty

I suggest flying to Vancouver, if necessary, to try the Whole Plant cookies that are extracted & baked by Marc Boyer @ Remarcable Foods.

There is a life&death serious footnote to this matter: Marc is from Florida and moved to Canada to use Cannabis to beat Cancer. He had it beat in 2004, and it remains beat 14 years later.

I am just this morning picking 7 grams of dry Indica leaves, and 7 grams of dry Sativa leaves, so I can make a small batch of cookies with each one, to see which works best.

I am already taking 4 1/2 grams of finished cookie, made from the high-THC Cannabis buds.

When I am done baking today's batch of cookies, I will experiment with a bit of each one to see what works best with high-THC cookies.

All of this work is inspired by my experience with Marc's cookies. Very highly recommended, the best Cannabis edible I've ever had - and I'm 61.

Specifically, Marc's Cinnamon Sugar Cookies (2004 vintage) were not only good for eliminating the desire to smoke Tobacco cigs. They did that by putting the end-user in a deep sleep.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Just threw some Hindu Kush into fliower and amd currently germinating 88 G13 x Hashplant/NL#1 IBL hunting for the burnt rubber phenotype to aide with sleep and also pain as i hear thats the pheno NDNGUY looks for. Thanks to cannabis i no longer have sleeping problems (insomnia) cannabis is the best!!

St. Phatty

Are you talking about calyx leaves or fan leaves?

Fan Leaves.

Today I'm making a batch of 14 grams Indica or Sativa fan leaves, with 1/2 the batch of sugar cookie mix.

Wouldn't do it if I hadn't already seen it done.

It was wierd trimming the fan leaves off the plant (hang-drying about 5 days) & keeping the fan leaves. Then letting the plant continue hanging upside down. A first !

I had a room-mate once in San Diego who kicked back with a pint of ice cream and a spliff of Mexican Sativa every night. That was his insomnia cure.

It worked for him.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Fan Leaves.

Today I'm making a batch of 14 grams Indica or Sativa fan leaves, with 1/2 the batch of sugar cookie mix.

Wouldn't do it if I hadn't already seen it done.

It was wierd trimming the fan leaves off the plant (hang-drying about 5 days) & keeping the fan leaves. Then letting the plant continue hanging upside down. A first !

I had a room-mate once in San Diego who kicked back with a pint of ice cream and a spliff of Mexican Sativa every night. That was his insomnia cure.

It worked for him.

Ha! And to think this whole time I thought fan leaves were just trash. I might have to experiment with them now. Any recipes for the edibles?

St. Phatty

Ha! And to think this whole time I thought fan leaves were just trash. I might have to experiment with them now. Any recipes for the edibles?

I just buy normal cookie mix and mix in powdered bud. Then burn the cookies, pretty much on purpose, though occasionally I get busy doing something else, realize I've forgotten them, and high-tail it into the kitchen expecting smoke to be coming out of the oven.

Actually, those times seem to produce the best result.

Though I prefer to measure the time, without the drama. 35 minutes @ 400 F for the most recent burned batch, that has the best psycho-active effect.

Overcooking them seems to complete the Decarb process.

Will just repeat the process (30 minutes at 400) with the fan leaf batch, then keep an eye on the cookies to look for a medium amount of steam as they finish off.

It would be nice to get more scientific & send the cookies to a lab for analysis.

Cooking a batch right now.

Looked it up, what the leaves have is CBD.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Works 100% on me.

1- Qwiso 1-2oz Indica.
2. Dissolve concentrate in warmed liquid coconut oil (olive, peanut oil or whatever)
3. 1 - 1.5ml dropper 1/2hr before bed.

I'm 60 and sleep like a fucking 17 year old again. In the morning I'm completely refreshed and raring to go. Without it I'll wake up every 2 hours and get up for 30 minutes.

If I take the Sativa version during the day, I'm fucked up for the first hour, and in a state of productive bliss for the next 4 hours. Coming down is like landing on a cloud. I barely notice I'm straight again. Just Beautiful.

Weed is a god damn miracle plant.

Cocopal

This breathing technique works great for me for stress and sleep disorder:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ytj4O_Q7Xbg&t=4289s

JustSumTomatoes

Works 100% on me.

1- Qwiso 1-2oz Indica.
2. Dissolve concentrate in warmed liquid coconut oil (olive, peanut oil or whatever)
3. 1 - 1.5ml dropper 1/2hr before bed.

I'm 60 and sleep like a fucking 17 year old again. In the morning I'm completely refreshed and raring to go. Without it I'll wake up every 2 hours and get up for 30 minutes.

If I take the Sativa version during the day, I'm fucked up for the first hour, and in a state of productive bliss for the next 4 hours. Coming down is like landing on a cloud. I barely notice I'm straight again. Just Beautiful.

Weed is a god damn miracle plant.

Sounds great. I couldn't sleep for shit when I was 17 and still can't now. I've been looking into the qwiso method and will give it a try.

JustSumTomatoes

So I've been eating these firecrackers the past few days and sleeping like a log. God it feels good. I've been getting to bed late, but getting way more sleep than usual. The ol' graham cracker and peanut butter recipe. Strain has been Orange Grove.

Latest posts

Latest posts