What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Else Suffer From Insomnia

FreeUrMind - I find your thread here interesting. I want to invite you to come visit us in the Toker's Den to a discussion about how cannabis growers could learn something from the Pharmaceutical Industry in better marketing of our own products here. Furthermore, sex does sell a lot of pharmaceuticals, and for us to not use similar marketing strategies would clearly show we are not fully awake in what it is we do. There is a whole industry just waiting to be exploited by ourselves, so far everyone else has exploiting this industry but for negative reasons. The benefits of this product beg us to do more, and growers should do their part in getting that going faster along.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Steer clear of the zoplicone, dodgy tablets... they wipe memory without you knowing it. Also used after bad surgery to clear memory of it.
I suggest making your own cookies with your trim, knocks me out every time.

All the best

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Why the hell are you folks so sketchy about discussing smoking weed with doctors etc? I have always been open with everyone in NHS. Smoking for 28 years, discussed it at least once a year. Why not?

F

FreeUrMind

Hey folks I have slept last 3 days from 1am till 8 am feel so much better.no weed or alcohol
I am just hoping this is going to be my new routine of sleep.even mentally I feel amazing thanks everyone for your replys and help.i will still be smoking and making my own cannabis edibles Peace Free

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
i recently went through the worse insomnia of my life. i truly thought it would never end. after a month of trying any and everything and still only sleeping for 30-60 minutes at as time i finally found out what worked for me. first off i have never been so desperate in my life. i dont even take vitamins but i would have mainlined heroin if i truly thought it would make me sleep. luckily it didnt get that far. for starters, melatonin. but it really should be used with caution and at the lowest dose possible as to not over ride your systems own production of melatonin. i take 2 mg. also magnesium supplement. i take one that mixes in water. it has a laxative effect but that is the lesser of two evils. while those two things alone made a slight difference i was still waking up every 2-3 hours. finally, after an article on a non cannabis website caught my attention i tried cannabis tea. my prayers were answered. oddly enough during this bout of insomnia, for the first time in my life smoking cannabis made me not feel good. this really surprised me as we have been friends for ever but i couldnt deny what i was feeling so i stopped smoking. that made me apprehensive about re introducing cannabis to my system, especially in a way that is more intense from a psychoactive perspective but low and behold it worked like a charm. i simmer about .5-.75 g of cannabis and .5 teaspoon of butter in water for about half an hour. strain and drink. about an hour later i go to bed. and sleep! i realized that a large part of my insomnia is related to restless leg syndrome. the cannabis tea addressed this issue in a major way. i know everyone is different and not everything works universally but this is what made the difference for me. and what a difference it made. its hard to believe i had the solution in my drawer all along. one other thing i feel made a difference is delta waves. it is a certain frequency of sounds and noises that promote rem sleep. i put on a youtube video of these sounds and i really feel like it helps. all i know for sure is that this bout of insomnia scared the hell out of me. nothing was making a difference and i was walking around in a permanent state of confusion comparable to what a concussion feels like minus the pain. it literally took effort to think of what my name was or what day of the week it was. all i can say is thank god for this miracle plant which i am not even using to get high. this is natures medicine and a great one at that. i hope this helps someone get the peace they require for a healthy night sleep...

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have made cookies using this method, with just sugar trim, no buds, and crazy potent. Ate one cookie and could not walk straight, had to go to bed, and mild tripping. Try very little when you first make a batch, and do more each time till you get it right.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=287025

hazyfontazy

Veteran
prepare yourself for sleep ,,no smoking or drinking an hour b4 u need sleep ,,take a bath or shower ,,do some exercise ,read a book ,make a pre sleep regime ,,it works

zopliclone i hated ,,amytripiline is better for me but i like being groggy lol

knockout strains are hard to find but i find with a few ciders anything works for me hic
:tiphat:

F

FreeUrMind

Hey hazy that's what I do no drinking or smoking 1 hour before b4 bed I take bath eat porrage with banana
Read it's working for me.i also don't drink tea or coffee during the day and I have lowered my sugar intake
It's working out great I think the key is stick to a routine if you are sleeping or not.hard to do but a must.

shithawk420

Veteran
Melatonin really screwed me up.it worked at first then I would have to take up to 20 30 mgs.only thing that works for me is drinking.not even sleepin pills work.I've been up for 2 or 3 days now.it's hell.only thing that works long term is diet and exercise.

F

FreeUrMind

Hey shithawk420 I was up again last night.sleeping tablets don't work on me too just hope last night isn't
The start of my insomnia kicking back in.i think your right about exercise but I have changed my diet to food that can help with sleep but to be honest it dosent work for me...

shithawk420

Veteran
Honestly the only thing that seems to work for is edibles but i only harvest so much weed so they don't last long.and when I do sleep it's only an hour at a time if I'm lucky.herbal teas help a little bit but don't help that much.best of luck in our quest for sleep buddy

Smokerman

Veteran
Zopiclone/Imovane is evil My Dr gave me a scrip for 90 7.5 mg tabs back in January, told me to take "a couple" if one doesn't help.
Well I took 2 and lost 2 days. New guidelines from Health Canada say take a half of a 7.5 mg tab. I have since thrown the rest away and changed doctors.

F

FreeUrMind

Honestly the only thing that seems to work for is edibles but i only harvest so much weed so they don't last long.and when I do sleep it's only an hour at a time if I'm lucky.herbal teas help a little bit but don't help that much.best of luck in our quest for sleep buddy

I tried edibles 2 weeks ago for first time.and had best sleep ever but they cost so much the guy I bought from was charging £20 a bar & now he has put price up to £25 a bar and cut the weight of bars by half.and the last bar I had felt as if he isn't mixing the shatter through chocolate properly because you could eat half bar and feel it and next day eat other half and I couldn't feel it.so now I am going to make my own..

WelderDan

Veteran
I've had wicked bad chronic insomnia for about 25 years. You name it, I've tried it. Melatonin, nothing. Herbal teas, nothing. Lots of exercise, nope. Trazadone, as Trout suggested, no go.

Weed works great, but I build up tolerance fast, so after 3-4 days, nope. Xanax knocks me out, but again, tolerance kicks in after a few days, plus that shit rots your memory. Alcohol works, but I have to get toasty, and face it, it's bad for you long term.

So I rotate between the 3 things that do work. I'll take a couple Xanax on Sunday night to get a good rest before beginning my work week. I try to limit the Xanax to twice a week max. I like the buzz so I give 'em to my wife to dole out. I switch over to alcohol for a day or two. Then weed if I have any. Then if I'm having a bad week I may take Xanax for a 2nd time.

This is what works for me. I can't say it would work for you. It sure isn't what I call good for you. And I do tend to mix the three sometimes. All I know is that after a while, you will try anything.

I went nearly two full weeks with no sleep once. Was having auditory hallucinations. Hearing sirens, weird noises. I was afraid I was loosing my cookies. Then someone hooked me up with a couple Xanax. I took them at 10:00 pm on a Friday, and slept straight thru to 6:00 pm Saturday. Best sleep I ever had.

I don't recommend doing what I do. But I understand what you are going thru. The one thing I will recommend, is when you find what works, don't depend on only that. If smoking or edibles work, great, but give yourself a break every few days. You may have to live with a sleepless night or two, but it's worth if so you don't build up a tolerance.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just relating my personal experience so you know I understand where you are coming from.

shithawk420

Veteran
Trazadone worked for a little bit bUT quickly built a tolerance and almost od,cause I drink everyday.I recently started taking low doses of xanax so I end up taking 3 at a time and it seems to work but my doc isn't gonna prescribe me anymore so I gotta make them last.I I'm an alcoholic so the last thing I want to do is get addicted to pills.this is a curse.

Dog Star

Veteran
Dont made combo of Xanax and alchohol.. this are deadly..

or if you drink pills that day dont drink alchohol in any case..

Pills are toxic shit,you will feel after some time other medical problems and
in the end your problem with alchohol will be minor in comparement
when you hook yourself with pharma toxic waste.

Maybe you need to try Passion Flower--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora
or Hops tea---https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hops

Nature have pretty strong tranquilizators of CNS,there are other plants that can help
http://dreamstudies.org/2010/07/13/5-most-effective-herbs-for-sleep-and-relaxation/

Usually when i search for some ailments they come from nature... nature knows best..

also maybe opium is possible to find and use him for some short of duration time..

i dont know but think that pharma pills and synthetics are not suitable for
proper good healthy medicating,organic compounds from nature showed me best
action ever and i belive them more than synthetics.

mr.brunch

Veteran
That^^
Don't do the pills n booze dance.... recipe for stopping your heart. Alcohol depresses the nervous system, and so do the pills- if your heart relaxes too much its game over.