What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Else Suffer From Insomnia

F

FreeUrMind

Hey Icmag thought I would ask if anyone suffers from Insomnia.i have
Had it for years been too doctor's and was given Zolpiclone for 2 weeks
1st cpl of tablets worked but they make me feel groggy next day & horrible
Metallic taste. Insomnia is my main reason for growing straight up need
Meds.this plant as you no is amazing I bought some pot chocolate and it
Worked amazing felt so good next day I felt normal.but costs a fortune
Which I don't have.i have even changed my diet I drink only water now
And have been eating foods that are supposed to help make melatonin
Cherry walnuts goji berries foods for tryptophan Turkey almonds chicken peanuts
Yogurt

I have tried all these foods and nothing helps.think cannabis is my holy grail

So I made this thread to see if any other suffers have any ideas or advice.
Really in a bad way now. So any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance....Freeurmind

D3pthCharg3

I too suffer from insomnia sometimes. I find a hearty spoon of canna infused coconut oil can be of great help. Kava Kava is another option I have found to help with insomnia. My father has just told me his method, he counts backwards from 100, and if he drifts in thought, to start at 100 again. I also practice breathing/counting techniques. Best vibes your way to a restful sleep.

F

FreeUrMind

Hey D3pthCharg3 thanks for info.i have tried counting even got up cleaned house read books nothing help
Yet I will try Kava Kava

D3pthCharg3

Yes, Kava produces a very serene sense of mind/body/spirit when a proper dose is found. Mine seemed to be higher than most folks', but that is usually the case with my physiology. I quite like the "feeling" too, even though mild, it has an empathogenic quality.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
60mg Snickerdoodle...

60mg Snickerdoodle...

I like a 60mg Snickerdoodle at bedtime, sleep like a baby :dance013:

F

FreeUrMind

Hey bigganjabud I think shatter sounds like a good option because my tolerance is low
So it will ether be good night.

Or hitting a whitey on toilet floor haha

420 somewhere sounds great man but I am in UK...

F

FreeUrMind

Yes, Kava produces a very serene sense of mind/body/spirit when a proper dose is found. Mine seemed to be higher than most folks', but that is usually the case with my physiology. I quite like the "feeling" too, even though mild, it has an empathogenic quality.

Nice one bro I can get it in UK too thanks:dance013:

redlaser

Veteran
10-20 mg of melatonin works better than any prescription meds for me. Cannabis edibles work well too if course.

Helps to be tired as well, as in physically exhausted. Always sleep better after doing a lot of physical labor, swimming etc

FreeUrMind - I got a question first, is that why you choose your name, to be free of thoughts before going to sleep? In medicine they do not teach you about illicit drugs, well, because they are illegal. You will not be able to tell a psychologist about using pot in your daily life because of the same reason as above. So probably asking it here on this forum is like going to a doctor and getting your questions solved.

There is a lot that is unknown about what all this drug does to a person, and the pharmaceutical industry is top on the list of people who lobby against it because it threatens a whole list of chemicals they market thus interrupting a flow of money they have become accustomed to.

My advice is smoke the stuff before you go to sleep. The cycle where you dream is interrupted. If you have nightmares this of course also prevents their occurrence.

Something to know about legal drugs they make. Any single drug they market is classified into two categories of their effect, one is called the therapeutic effect, and the other is called the adverse affect. Due to further marketing the latter in merely known as side effects. The first of those categories (the therapeutic effect) is what they chose out of the whole list of symptoms this drug does to the human body. The effect they chose to market is what they think is in demand at that given time, and this changes if they do not sell enough of the initial product.

Take for example a depression drug, it has all these effects on the human body, and they make it sound like those other effects are just side effects like it does not occur often to people who take it. Yet this is not true, a drug may do 12 different things to the human body and only one of those they picked to sell it; in this case a depression medication. Yet if they want, they can remarked it and sell the very same drug as something else, such as a medication to help you stop smoking cigarettes.

So medicine is not a pure science, it is like throwing darts with your eyes closed. A chemical does so many things to a person, yet they make it sound like it does just one. If they had the science down then it would just have a single effect; so in a sense, a pill is like throwing a grenade.

So you will find out the same thing with pot, it has many effects on the human body, just like them we know some of them but there are many more; we really don't know enough about science to give you a positive answer.

be careful about classifications on people too. Most diagnosis were invented by the pharmacutical industry themselves as a marketing plow with the doctors they distribute their drugs to. People are too dynamic to fit into a nice neatly wrapped box. Insomnia can mean many things and no two people experience the exact same thing even if it is the exact same causative factor.

Last edited:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
It's a CanaCookie I make myself..

It's a CanaCookie I make myself..

Thanks bro what is 60mg snickerdoddle,I see your in California
My cousin is in a place Called French camp

Snickerdoodle is the box cookie mix I like to use. I put 1/4 pound of CocoCanna Oil in it (about 60mg of THC per cookie) makes 25 🍪

P.S. - French Camp is way north of me, don't think I've been there.

F

FreeUrMind

Wow thanks Chilly Willy I appreciate the time you took to respond to my thread.and your reply

First thing I would like to say is I grow in a different house from the house I use the internet at.
So they come here this place clean normal house.i also got seeds to other addy and all supplies
Also the area I put down in my posts is quite far from me it was for members to get idea were
I was from

My insomnia to be honest I don't dream at all when I do get some hours also no nightmares
Just brain numbing can't sleep. before I would sit up play ps4 if I couldn't sleep or watch movies
Didn't think it was a problem but now it's a problem affecting my daily life it could be that I am not 100%
Active no exercise and maybe my diabetes playing part of this too.

I was just reading today that taking bongs would hit the spot.i just need to find a strain that works best for
Me. So future grows will be indica strains thanks Freeurmind

F

FreeUrMind

FreeUrMind - I got a question first, is that why you choose your name, to be free of thoughts before going to sleep? In medicine they do not teach you about illicit drugs, well, because they are illegal. You will not be able to tell a psychologist about using pot in your daily life because of the same reason as above. So probably asking it here on this forum is like going to a doctor and getting your questions solved.

There is a lot that is unknown about what all this drug does to a person, and the pharmaceutical industry is top on the list of people who lobby against it because it threatens a whole list of chemicals they market thus interrupting a flow of money they have become accustomed to.

My advice is smoke the stuff before you go to sleep. The cycle where you dream is interrupted. If you have nightmares this of course also prevents their occurrence.

Something to know about legal drugs they make. Any single drug they market is classified into two categories of their effect, one is called the therapeutic effect, and the other is called the adverse affect. Due to further marketing the latter in merely known as side effects. The first of those categories (the therapeutic effect) is what they chose out of the whole list of symptoms this drug does to the human body. The effect they chose to market is what they think is in demand at that given time, and this changes if they do not sell enough of the initial product.

Take for example a depression drug, it has all these effects on the human body, and they make it sound like those other effects are just side effects like it does not occur often to people who take it. Yet this is not true, a drug may do 12 different things to the human body and only one of those they picked to sell it; in this case a depression medication. Yet if they want, they can remarked it and sell the very same drug as something else, such as a medication to help you stop smoking cigarettes.

So medicine is not a pure science, it is like throwing darts with your eyes closed. A chemical does so many things to a person, yet they make it sound like it does just one. If they had the science down then it would just have a single effect; so in a sense, a pill is like throwing a grenade.

So you will find out the same thing with pot, it has many effects on the human body, just like them we know some of them but there are many more; we really don't know enough about science to give you a positive answer.

be careful about classifications on people too. Most diagnosis were invented by the pharmacutical industry themselves as a marketing plow with the doctors they distribute their drugs to. People are too dynamic to fit into a nice neatly wrapped box. Insomnia can mean many things and no two people experience the exact same thing even if it is the exact same causative factor.

So be more clear what it is you are experiencing here. Can you not sleep because you are thinking about it when you sleep and when you wake up? Are some of these nightmares? When did this all begin? Are there instances when you are able to sleep, if so what happened different that day before going to sleep.

I have nightmares about people being fucking selfish around me, and taking what stuff I got left while in my sleep. Those greedy bastards. When I don't smoke the dreams come back, and when I wake up I am thinking about it already. When I smoke none of this happens and it has been like this my whole life; it works.

It does not matter a whole bunch how you ingest it, the root chemical is the cabs. Smoking it puts it into your blood stream right away. Eating it takes longer to get to the blood stream. You could even make a dermal patch because the molecules are small enough to go through the three layers of skin. How this works is kind of interesting. Think of the skin as being built by bricks glued together by mortar. The chemical travels inside the mortar to thus make it down deep enough to reach the blood supply.

What you what to do is what Timothy Leary discovered. Get a friend to get you wasted like no time before, then let your friend ask you why you don't sleep at night. You will tell him because when you are wasted you can not pretend and have this charade of who you think you are and who others want you to be; when you are wasted you are not smart enough to put up this charade. Then deal with the causative factor, if people are the reason, go kick their butt. Then you will be able to sleep.

Oh, and I would not be telling people where you live here on this forum, this is a growers forum and that would not be a good idea!!! I would edit your posts and remove those remarks. Imagine a person at work working all day to get their job done, imagine if their job was gather information. Those people are passionate about their work too, often they become law informant because someone they knew while growing up was either hurt by a drug interaction, or hurt themselves so their sister makes a career out of getting you. Otherwise I will get a moderator to do that for you.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=74044&pictureid=1766255&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Great post cheers

bushed

Some great discussion in this thread, when you wake up in the night are you dehydrated? Do you suffer from anxiety?

I find 30-60 minutes of exercise a day works wonders has many positive effects, its hard to make this transition, I found mountain biking worked for me as it is fun not all hard work.

The person who suggested melotonin tablets, Ive heard from many that this is very effective basically the same as exercise with less work though never tried myself.

F

FreeUrMind

Some great discussion in this thread, when you wake up in the night are you dehydrated? Do you suffer from anxiety?

I find 30-60 minutes of exercise a day works wonders has many positive effects, its hard to make this transition, I found mountain biking worked for me as it is fun not all hard work.

The person who suggested melotonin tablets, Ive heard from many that this is very effective basically the same as exercise with less work though never tried myself.

Alright brushed that's the problem I am not even getting to sleep at night
I have had about 3 hours every morning around 8am I feel tired and wake after 2 or 3 hours sleep think I will try melatonin tablets

packratt

Did you try the melatonin tablets ? I've used them, but found anything over 10mg, I felt groggy next morning.