What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How did you get into Cannabis growing?

F

Fermented

I started growing bag seed Thai in the early 90's in my garden, then later in the bush in the sub tropics due to high prices, crappy quality from unreliable, tardy, untrustworthy wankers....like many here I only smoke what I grow.

Ten years earlier I actually grew a plant by accident. I used to smoke a joint late at night on my front porch and then bury the roach in the garden bed. This was on a main road across the road from the beach in a town that gets very busy during Summer. I'd leave early and get home late from work and never noticed that a ganja plant was growing in a garden bed in the front yard...then one day, I'm sitting on the porch and a mate pulls up and looks at me and says "you cheeky bastard!" I said "huh?" then I saw it, I was gobsmacked and he couldn't (and still doesn't) believe this was the first time I'd noticed it as it was so very obvious....it was a bushy 3 feet high and looking lush in among the roses. Thousands of cars drove by and hundreds of people per day walked within 15 feet of this plant all Summer.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
My story,

I broke my back too many times...failed back surgery.
I was on opiates, then started dating an ER nurse and she introduced me to dilaudid.
I was on that for a year then my niece was born.
So in order to get off the dilaudid, so I could be an effective uncle, I started growing in the basement.
So that relationship didn’t last another year after growing.
I got into pollenchucking another year after that.

White Beard

I’ve known some ER nurses, they’re a rowdy crowd - and perfectly okay with diverting meds for their own use, but intolerant of stuff like weed

Gry

The drive down to Texas got to be a drag, and there was that seed company that had started advertising in that new magazine, high times... That was the seventies version.
Thirty five years later I was sent home after a failed cancer surgery on oxycontin, and told to let let nature take it's course. I had lived without the damned oxy prior to the surgery, and did not want to spend the balance of my days on it. When I expressed the desire to get off of it, they told me I was not a suitable candidate for detox due to the fact that I still had cancer.
When I heard of a compassionate use program in California, I ran from Florida.
When I got out here, I quickly found there was a shortage of cannabis available, I had a kind shop owner who provided me with clones.

wutwut

Veteran
when i was teenager i found myself in deep depression by many things which happened for me and my family. my very first experience with ganja changed everything. when i was high i was happy too but when i came down i felt bad aswell. you can imagine what that made and happened for young brains yes i fall to an addiction. luckily it was only weed.

sometimes i used to drink alcohol but weed was my thing. after tolerance grow i knew marijuana is much more than drug or medicine. it's lifestyle. i dreamed about my own garden and strains which i want to grow. so i started to study that thing. i tried to grow couple of times with cheap lights without any ventilation and of course never got anything to smoke by over watering etc common mistakes.

i realized that almost my every pen go for criminals and greedy people and what i got is very changing quality of marihuana.

things happend and life showed more

i growed up myself and second time moved again to new flat. now it's my time to find new hobby and start my first real garden. i studied and still made mistakes but got something leaves to smoke yes haha. that was it which made me more
insterested and happy. i saw me and my friend smiling and laughing - smoking own medicine

i practised growing more and more. now i think i'm almost there where i wan't to be. i have some knowledge of plants but not enough which is good thing because i have something what to learn. maybe someday i want to be legal grower don't know yet. time will show that.

peace!

Latest posts

Latest posts