What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Becoming a gardening hermit

H

Huckster79

My youngest son want to be a farmer when he grows up and live on a farm with me... He's said this now for several years... I sure hope it comes to fruition... Though he's still unaware yet what main crop we shall grow!

When life gets rough I let my mind wander to that future day which hopefully even a med card isn't necessary and we can have a lil hobbie farm for the enjoyment and love of working with plants of all type and of course a special crop that brings peace and perspective to the world....

abl12

I yearn for a nice agrarian life, however the tentacles of our current hyper consumerist era still seem to chain me down. Hopefully I will one day find myself in a circumstance when i have the strength to just let go off it all and live however i please.

H

Huckster79

And I as well is this present moment... As otherwise your wishing your life away, but to not dream dreams in the present about the future is a form of suicide...

My youngest son want to be a farmer when he grows up and live on a farm with me... He's said this now for several years... I sure hope it comes to fruition... Though he's still unaware yet what main crop we shall grow!

When life gets rough I let my mind wander to that future day which hopefully even a med card isn't necessary and we can have a lil hobbie farm for the enjoyment and love of working with plants of all type and of course a special crop that brings peace and perspective to the world....

don't hold your breath waiting ...legalization will bring even more regulations,,, and money out the yazoo for enforcement due to average 25% tax....stoners will be funding their own demise...I said it first ..someday you will look back an say damn he was right

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Underground Gardening Hermit for life.
Open to Summer Internships though. :biggrin:
Couldn't do what I'm doing in CO plus it's a saturated market.

Oregon or Alaska? Maybe.

I wonder about this sometimes, what if my home state no longer becomes viable for me, what if I see better opportunities elsewhere, I cannot predict what is to come, but I know I must try, and if this doesnt work, something else will. Theres room to squeeze into any expanding market. I think at this point in my life I'd wind up on a boat destined for Chilé.

H

Huckster79

don't hold your breath waiting ...legalization will bring even more regulations,,, and money out the yazoo for enforcement due to average 25% tax....stoners will be funding their own demise...I said it first ..someday you will look back an say damn he was right

I hate to say but I fear you very well may be right :( hate to admit it but yea I get what your saying...

abl12

I want to be a hermit, in the hills of rangamati... or thanchi.. lol I wish.. maybe in the future

Tynehead Tom

you can have the water buffalo....those things are dangerous as all hell when they get pissed off and I certainly wouldn't want to have to fight one for my plants LOL

jacobite

Get a hobby get out and grab an activity you enjoy. a boat ? A bike ? find what makes you happy then apply yourself to it, preferably something that gives your body and mind a go workout, dont let IT play tricks on your head, getting away from it is a good idea, the more you do. the more you need to balance it out, :) PEACE

my desire to be a hermit with my plants caused my wife to leave me.... I do a lot of shit still, but as you guys know its a full time job that needs attention when it needs attention. And yea, I dont want people coming around.

mowood3479

Veteran
My advice: Get some sun (if possible), get laid (if possible) and spend a few minutes each morning contemplating the things u have to be grateful for...
Winter (and life in general) can be tough tho...
But anytime I start getting cabin fever or feeling depressed it helps me to remember how it felt being locked in a cage day after day...
I much prefer self imposed hermitism to govt imposed incarceration...
Also, for me personally.. Limiting my herb intake helps somewhat as well. I try to just use a vape pen during the day and then smoke a j after the sun goes down... Often if I puff tough for weeks at a time my anxiety, stress and fear can be exacerbated. For me personally as a former junkie it's important to try to have moderation in all things including my cannabis intake.

To each their own tho, I def don't have anything figured out. Just sharing a few things that help me with the disconnect I often feel from most of society... Because truth be told, My own thoughts are what creates the disconnect... Not any outward influence. My whole reality is filtered thru my perception, and I've come to realize my perception is often a bit warped.. If not really warped

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My advice: Get some sun (if possible), get laid (if possible) and spend a few minutes each morning contemplating the things u have to be grateful for...
Winter (and life in general) can be tough tho...
But anytime I start getting cabin fever or feeling depressed it helps me to remember how it felt being locked in a cage day after day...
I much prefer self imposed hermitism to govt imposed incarceration...
Also, for me personally.. Limiting my herb intake helps somewhat as well. I try to just use a vape pen during the day and then smoke a j after the sun goes down... Often if I puff tough for weeks at a time my anxiety, stress and fear can be exacerbated. For me personally as a former junkie it's important to try to have moderation in all things including my cannabis intake.

To each their own tho, I def don't have anything figured out. Just sharing a few things that help me with the disconnect I often feel from most of society... Because truth be told, My own thoughts are what creates the disconnect... Not any outward influence. My whole reality is filtered thru my perception, and I've come to realize my perception is often a bit warped.. If not really warped

Nice bit of advice here.
I'm already outa rep today so... K++

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
got my new rec with grower exemption ...6 lbs in possession and 99 plants...yeehaw ...I don't mind being a hermit as long as I get out a few times a week in the kayak...I toke up everyone I meet ...its surprising how many fisherman smoke weed...even when legal you still don't want folks knowing your business...!!!!!!

I go through hell every winter. Getting through March is a big deal and then I am ok.

Plants are life and tending them gives me purpose and hope.

Get out. Get active. Life is all around us.

Definitely. Lived on the West Coast for a while, now back in the cold. Winter sucks! Can't wait to be outside more.

I'm pretty much a hermit. Right now I'm tending to about 100 seedling trees and shrubs from our soil conservation program, and about 100 more garden seedlings, including MJ. I'm getting a bit of an idea of what the life of a nurseryman is like.

I go to town once or twice a week for whatever I need. My social interactions are at the level of Wal-Mart checkout clerk.

Latest posts

Latest posts