What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OG Kush from Humboldt Seeds - Yes-No-Indifferent or maybe Heck Yeah ?!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Making genetics available to folks that do not have access is commendable. Keeping the names the same and the genetics are different is not right.

But I sure as hell won't feel sorry for someone who HAS to trim their own weed. Wtf. Be thankful for any herb you get, trimming is part of growing. That's like bitching about having to water. Its all part of growing and I would expect "breeders" to understand that.

Who cares who takes genetics where, who they sell them to, etc. Spread it far and wide IMHO. What will separate the men from the boys in the end will be who grows the best, not who has the best genetics. Genetics are important, but in incapable hands, are not going to win any cups and such.

The companies that survived prohibition were companies that had quality, and were capable of repeatedly providing the highest quality product, and not WATERING down their booze. Sound familiar?

Bodhi is a good example. The guy always has seeds in stock everywhere, has nice variety, and high quality genetics. Family run operation. Is transparent about his strains. All basics really. How businesses have been run for centuries. Its a simple business model and how it should be run. Now add in greed and zero moral compass and now you have subpar genetics sold as other genetics and yada I'm already sick of this rant.

Folks just do your homework and buy from reputable breeders. Be sure what you are paying for.

jedi5891

You can get better og's from other breeders. I grew HSO garlic lemon og and although it looked and smelled really nice, it was lacking a lot in the taste. For me an og is all about taste.
Bodhi seeds have some nice strains. His gogi og is top shelf for taste and high. I've been smoking some for a few weeks now after growing her, and a joint still bakes me and takes me longer to smoke than the other 1s I have in my jars. Ancient og is supposed to be excellent.
Dna and reserva have some nice og's in their catalogue's also loompa and og rascal have decent 1s I have heard. Cali connection tahoe og has a very good pheno to be found as well.
Good luck
Peace
Namaste

Top_shelf_farms

This is the shit I'm talking about.... I bought 3 packs of black dog kush because it looks good and the finish time is killer.... 2 seeds popped, none of which made it above soil and and no response from anyone... you can't get ahead of yourself in business and have quality and customer service suffer....unless your McDonald's.

This is the shit I'm talking about.... I bought 3 packs of black dog kush because it looks good and the finish time is killer.... 2 seeds popped, none of which made it above soil and and no response from anyone... you can't get ahead of yourself in business and have quality and customer service suffer....unless your McDonald's.
+1

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hello everyone, can anyone give me opinions and recent opinions on HSO seeds? I live in Europe and we can not have the cuts you have in the US, at least until the laws change ...
Hello everyone, can anyone give me opinions and recent opinions on HSO seeds? I live in Europe and we can not have the cuts you have in the US, at least until the laws change ...
I was intrigued by Lemon thai kush but their description confuses me a bit ', however on paper are all interesting strains ... Experiences ??
Thanks

theJointedOne

Veteran
I was intrigued by Lemon thai kush but their description confuses me a bit ', however on paper are all interesting strains ... Experiences ??
Thanks

Your best bet to experience hybrids of popular varieties is to buy seeds made by american seed breeders. Karma genetics also is good

luvtogrow

Thanks

Humboldt Seed Company is the real deal, not Humbolt Seed Organization. They sell reg seeds, 20 seeds per pack.

Last edited: