What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Antique Guns

cutant

Anyone into this hobby? I have an 1890 mauser rifle in fairly good condition complete with original leather belt and working bolt action. Cleaning rod was missing but managed to buy one for this model plus a bayonet.

Would like to hear from others.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Yeh.
I collect fine antique shotguns .

Last edited:

cutant

I apologise if this post is against regulations. I am just writing about an antique object. I was not able to find anything in the regulations of this site against this post. But again I apologise to the site moderator.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'm into old blackpowder firearms; flintlocks, percussion guns, Damascus barreled shotguns etc. the quality of workmanship back then compared to now is incredible!:woohoo:

Dead_Diver

1886 Winchester special order long range large game rifle. It was designed to kill elephants, not that I would ever want to do that.
1906 Navy DWM Luger. Unit marked with shoulder stock/holster.
1949 HiStandard H-D Military olympic grade .22 target pistol.
I had about 30 rifles and pistols at one time but sold most of them when gun prices went crazy a while back. I kept the good stuff though :)

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
420giveaway
I recently acquired a beautiful 1950's H&R Garand. Eight shots of M2 lovin'. PING! LOL. Love it.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
That's a damn good weapon^^^
All my guns are modern. But I've been thinking about getting a 1873 colt ssa peacemaker.

gekolite

50 cal.

50 cal.

1886 Winchester special order long range large game rifle. It was designed to kill elephants, not that I would ever want to do that.
1906 Navy DWM Luger. Unit marked with shoulder stock/holster.
1949 HiStandard H-D Military olympic grade .22 target pistol.
I had about 30 rifles and pistols at one time but sold most of them when gun prices went crazy a while back. I kept the good stuff though :)

Is the Winchester 50 cal , oct barrel ?

Wendull C.

Veteran
Pre 64' model 70 30-06 handed down from my great uncle. From the first 200,000 that made it off the assembly line. Priceless to me.

Had a .22 pump carnival rifle from 1906' but some tweeker needed it more than I did when my mom was naïve enough to show it to a storage unit worker where it had to stay while we moved. Worst part about that was they got my marlin 30-30 my dad got me just before he died.

There is not much lower than a thief.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
from my dads collection i ept pre 64 model 70 a 1894 winchester and a springfield trap door

dumped a bunch of war rifles including a wwII 50 cal

dad didnt play when it came to guns, I won't shoot people but i do like old guns

dickcorn

Couple old double barrels and a early 1900's pump .32. Have to look again for more details, but damn old guns were heavy.

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey midwest sticky,you do realize that the original SAA is the rarest and most expensive gun there is right?i think i saw a pair go for a million dollars at auction.anyway my buddy has a ww2 m1 Garand and the star of his whole collection a mosin nagant sniper rifle.they were so good the german snipers preferred them if they could get there hands on one from dead russian soldiers or captured munitions bunkers

dickcorn

Dug my .32 out.. It says colts pt.f.a. Mfg co Hartford ct USA patented may 29. Sept.18 83. May 26.85.june 15.86 feb.22.87
Written on top barrel, can anyone tell me anything about it? I thought early 1900's but I really have no clue. Thanks in advance!

Capt.Ahab

Veteran
420giveaway
dickcorn I think your rifle is a Colt Lightning medium frame. Does it have a serial number? That would help determine age.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm not sure if it's old enough to be called antique, but Ms. G. has a Nazi Mauser rifle that her Dad brought home from France, after arriving on the beach at Normandy....

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i have a late 1800 12 gage double barrarl side by side ,demacut steal barral hamerless perty rare.

Green Squall

Anyone into this hobby? I have an 1890 mauser rifle in fairly good condition complete with original leather belt and working bolt action. Cleaning rod was missing but managed to buy one for this model plus a bayonet.

Would like to hear from others.

Latest posts

Latest posts