What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Hello IC Posters, Casual Browsers, and Former OG Members. Welcome to the 150w HPS Club and Resource Guide. Back in the day, when this club existed on "OG", we had the honor of being one of the most viewed and actively posted threads on the site. I hope we can continue this tradition in our new home, and that we will be able to share our experiences and knowledge with each other and the larger community for years to come. Please feel free to jump in and post, even if you are not currently using a "150". All we ask is that the conversations try to stay relevant to our core purpose.

So welcome aboard, enjoy your visit, and most of all GROW SMART & GROW SAFE ! ! !

Pipedream

As you make your way thru the world of growing, you will learn many things. Every now and then you may come across a truely excellent resource, one that many growers have found usefull. The following is a list of such links. We have no association with any of them and offer them up based on their own merit. They are only posted if several folks have either delt with them or found their products to be well suited for our needs. If you have suggestions, please feel free to send them to me in a PM and include a brief one-line explaination.

An excellent source for very inexpensive HID lighting supplies. Many of us have purchased from them.
www.e-conolight.com

Wonderful carbon filter material available at Home DePot for not much $$$
http://www.webproducts.com/products/furnace_ac/absorber.jsp

A very cheap CO2 solution perfect for the small grower
http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Nutrafin-Natural-Activator-Stabilizer/dp/B00026058Y

Energy efficient high-quality HID lighting parts at good prices
www.businesslights.com

A shameless plug for my own 150w Grow Thread
www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=336467#post336467

Great DIY project: Converting a Security Light to a Remote Ballasted Grow Lamp. By long-time member and friend "sugabear II"
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=36344

The Ultimate Personal Professional Hash Press for Under 20 Bucks U.S.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=812460#post812460

............ :canabis: ............

Last edited:

nycnoob

hi ya pipedreams.. i was never really on og... but i saw a lot of your work... its great.. or somewhat like that because i do remember the name (=

dociron

stevr59 said:
ohhhhhhhhh i got one qustion i got spider mites helpp what do i do now

post your ? in the infirmary, folks here love to help,, really :wave:

As for this thread? Kewl!! I remember the club,, I loved it.
I was a lurker at OG, my handle was dociron, I seldom said anything there.
Your club was great, I look forward to seeing it regrown.
I'm not sure there was anything like it here though, :chin:
Here the grows are divided a bit differently, indoor soil,
indoor hydro, outdoor,, hmmmmm.
I have a feeling we're gonna see a lot of new stuff here...
:woohoo:
It's gonna be great!! :wave:

stoner 13th

Hey-o OG refugees- glad to see we are setting something up here- i was lost for the last few weeks without you guys ;) my 150w hps is currently off, but in a month ill be back at it! lets give em hell boys'

stoner 13th

G

Hey Pipedreams and gang!

You guys don't know me but i know your work and your thread convinced me to go back to a 150w from a 400w. I lurked at OG but i'm willing to contribute now. I personally believe that a 150w is sufficient to keep two people in supply at all times with a little extra for hash and cooking. It's all in using the light efficiently.

Let's contribute to icmag, since they have been generous enough to take us in.

StickyGreenCola

Im getting my small cab setup to run a perpetual supply for 2 people. Still smokin the first tree to come down...

[edit] I'll throw up some pics to give this place that old feeling of home.

no filesize limit, eh? Now I could get used to that. :joint:

Last edited:

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Well, I'm glad a few former members and a couple of new ones have found us. However, I have to admit, I was expecting a bigger turn-out.

Another thing that's really strange is looking at my name and avatar and realizing that folks think I'm a noobie. While it didn't matter to me while I had them, it is kind of disappointing to see that I've lost the long string of Karma that I had and the thousands of posts I was credited for. Well, I guess we're all in the same bag now. The only thing to do is pitch in and help out here as we make this our new home.

If any of our former members are in contact with you please let them know where we are and ask them to stop by. Also, lets get our asses in gear and add some posts here and get our own individual threads going.

REMEMBER, WE WERE ONE OF THE MOST VIEWED THREADS ON OG !!!!

As always, Grow Smart & Grow Safe

Pipedream (pipedream_believer)

bigdawg2

hola

hola

followed the 150 watt club at OG. HEY Bushy! Can not wait for those sensi's bud. I sure miss OG. One of the Kennedy's once said, "Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live." grow on! :joint:

G

hey man good to see this continue on. Now we just need that 400W growerer unite thread.

bostrom155

Hey Sticky and Pipe, glad to see ya, and hi to ICMag regs. I just got a 400 but using 150's for veg. Hope this thread takes off again.

G

can I get in here with my 70w HPS cab or do I not make the cut?

oh yah I read the whole old thread before...it was a HUGE thread..

Last edited:
G

new name, same ol' 150watt game...

new name, same ol' 150watt game...

Howdy y'all,

well I decided to take on a new handle with the move over here :pimp3: , but I think you'll recognize the grow. :friends:

So glad to see all are ok, so far. really bumming about the loss of OG. As I'm sure we all are.

Day 50 of 12/12 under my ol'150 watter.

G

I was going to be a member of the 150w club :p sorta. I bought my 150w HPS security light (and ordered AK-48's.. hadnt grown in a year!) the day OG was down (thinking it was odd but it would be back up soon) and i wanted to make a remote ballast, now i cant! and the thing is fricken huuuuuuuuuuge so i dont know how im going to hang it in my tiny 'lil closet with my 70wHPS too.

Nice things to look foward too though, i see :) niiiice

Latest posts

Latest posts