What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

watches?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
??? What sarcasm?

I am often misunderstood in typespeak.

I think everything I said was serious and true.????

I would have sold them to you and still have plenty left. The problem is, shipping is more than the stuff is worth.

You think that's a lot, I just finished selling my snare drum collection......

Attachments

• rp64
    rp64
    94.1 KB · Views: 68

Homebrewer

Veteran
Hey Homebrewer, I just started brewing. Have you ever tried cannabis brewing? I guess, instead of hops. Use the standard grain and malt but cannabis instead of hops???????

I have seen where they add tincture to home brew. Big deal. I can do that to my Budweiser. I was just wondering if anyone actually ever brewed cannabis beer.

Yes, but adding cannabis to your boil isn't going to give you the best result. I'd recommend dry-hopping your beer instead with decarbed flowers. Maybe only try that on half your batch in case you don't love it?

Dog Star

Veteran
Dog,I understand there may be some language barriers between us so I'll try to make this as simple as I can.your trying to make this some quantum,meta physical argument when in fact time exists because it's a man made measurement.just like inches or feet to yard to a square.

Unless you have no life,are so fucking rich that you don't have to care about shit or live in a fucking grass hut,the CONCEPT OF TIME IS PRECIOUS!

Your right in the quantum world time means nothing.but in this world time exists for us working peasants.some people gotta know when to get home to feed their kids after school etc.

You feed your kids using your watch...??? :biggrin: LOL

Am encounter i dont need watch to feed mine kids,actually i sees
stupidity in every one that need watch to know when they need
to feed their children...

Also i bet you dont have any kids cause you talk such a non-sense..

And you are right,time exists for "working peasants" as you call them,on another hand you choose what you wish to be..

but fact is that you are not absolute in this systhem so you cant
choose for others how they will think..

shithawk420

Veteran
Holy fuck.this is why I and others don't come here anymore.you guys must live in an amazing bubble where reality just doesn't faze you.must be nice.i lived in this bubble once.but then I grew up and realized reality kicks you in the fucking head.how the you live then? You got money enough to tell you when the kids come home or when the wife comes home? Stop living in your fantasy world or tell us how your living so great beyond time and space cause I'm getting pissed now.especially cause I gotta wait for my store to open to get beer.i guess I gotta tell time and space to wait??

shithawk420

Veteran
??? What sarcasm?

I am often misunderstood in typespeak.

I think everything I said was serious and true.????

I would have sold them to you and still have plenty left. The problem is, shipping is more than the stuff is worth.

You think that's a lot, I just finished selling my snare drum collection......

I actually need a snare drum.you got a blue Ludwig?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I actually need a snare drum.you got a blue Ludwig?

I sold over 100 drum sets and almost 200 snare drums. LMAO

All I have left is a newer Black Beauty (make you a nice deal on that) and a first year 1963 pre-serial number Supraphonic. Asking about 1200 for that but realistically think $700 to $800 is more fair.

And, my kick around 1968 Accrolite. I use that to take to jams and stuff like that. Sweet sounding but it's scratched and less than perfect. Probably worth $200. I told my buddy I would sell it to him before I leave for California this Summer.

And, I am selling my very last set. I just sold my 1969 almost new like mint Ludwig Hollywood set and now goes my new Tama bubinga set. This set sounds so amazing, even guitar players tell me how good it sounds. LOL That super hard bubinga wood makes all the difference.

Attachments

• 1969ludwigwmp2.jpg
    1969ludwigwmp2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 42

shithawk420

Veteran
Nice.too rich for my blood.i don't play but my uncle won 2nd place in battle of the bands in chicago.i don't know what year.he also played with Korn in a bar in Peoria.just need a snare to complete our set.hes good.gotta say Bill Bruford takes the cake though

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am looking forward to playing when I get out there.

Where I am from, the local bars have "Open Jam Nights" where people come and just jam on stage together. Most jams have regulars that carry the load but sit-ins are always abound.

Anything like that going on in Ocean Beach and Mission Beach and Pacific Beach where I'll be staying? I'm selling all my drums but I am bringing sticks. LOL

shithawk420

Veteran
Wish I knew the music scene there.cant help you their but if your ever in the Midwest I can gaurantee party time.that Ludwig is nice.wish I had money.id definitely buy them.

My dad is a guitar player but he's been trying forever to get a drum circle together. Cali would probably be the right place

El Timbo

I got into collecting Soviet era Russian watches this year - I say got into but I found myself slightly obsessed for a while :) I have watches from the 50s to the 80s - some dress watches, some divers and some other really quirky watches like the raketa big zero or the sun and moon watch.

Green Squall

My Swiss Army Original watch died the other day. I went in for a battery change and they told me its finished from water getting in through the crown. The guy at the pawn shop talked my ear off and said quality just isn't what it used to be. A Swiss Army from the 90's is worth more than something made mid-late 2000's, which is when I received mine. Damn shame since it was a gift from a loved one, but I feel it's not economically feasible to get repaired. Is it true that a lot of these companies are now having their watches built in Asia? God damn sellouts.

Can anyone recommend a brand for a few hundred dollars that won't crap out on me after a decade? Not looking for anything dressy, just something simple and practical that can be worn on a day to day basis.

El Timbo

Can anyone recommend a brand for a few hundred dollars that won't crap out on me after a decade? Not looking for anything dressy, just something simple and practical that can be worn on a day to day basis.

Vostok - the factory store is called Meranom.

El Timbo

Hey, those are pretty nice for the price and as a plus, being Russian made, it might offend my Conservative father lol. I'll definitely be looking into these.

:) The amphibian classics are probably closest to what you're looking for. Automatic movements and waterproof down to 200m

Green Squall

:) The amphibian classics are probably closest to what you're looking for. Automatic movements and waterproof down to 200m

I really like the Retro Collection, but not being able to swim with them is a deal breaker unfortunately.

EDIT: If I decide to buy a Vostok, I'll go with this one. It water resistant to 100 meters, which is the same as my old Swiss Army.

shithawk420

Veteran
My Swiss Army Original watch died the other day. I went in for a battery change and they told me its finished from water getting in through the crown. The guy at the pawn shop talked my ear off and said quality just isn't what it used to be. A Swiss Army from the 90's is worth more than something made mid-late 2000's, which is when I received mine. Damn shame since it was a gift from a loved one, but I feel it's not economically feasible to get repaired. Is it true that a lot of these companies are now having their watches built in Asia? God damn sellouts.

Seiko.nothing better for the price.made in Japan.if you think it's too classy get a NATO band.but Seiko.anything else for a couple hundred is out of the question.get Seiko

Green Squall

Seiko.nothing better for the price.made in Japan.if you think it's too classy get a NATO band.but Seiko.anything else for a couple hundred is out of the question.get Seiko

Looking now. Plenty of good choices in my price range. I love the NATO bands and have been using them for years.

Hamiltons are pretty sweet too, but cost a little more than I want to spend.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As I said earlier I prefer Omega over Rolex. Depends on the watch you buy if it will retain its value or grow. You need to spend $$$$ to get 1 like that.

Latest posts

Latest posts