What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

moth

I Remember when you could walk into Micky Ds and say two all beef patties , special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun, reel fast and get a freebie/

isit4.20yet

I remember when:

seat belts could be used as bottle openers
telephones had round disks with 10 holes in them to "dial"
I was the 'remote control' i.e. dad said "put on channel 4"
cassette players were beginning to outsell 8-tracks
having an FM converter in my first car
being gone all day long as a kid and not having to show up until dinner

de145

I remember being about 11 years old and my Grandmother coming to stay with us,she took a 4 hour bus ride.I had about 20 small plants in cups in the back yard,maybe 10 inches tall.She saw them and I told her they were tomatoes.So she leaves to go home,and one of my plants is gone.Mom told grandma to take one with her on the bus.So picture a 70 year old woman riding a bus for 4 hours with a pot plant on her lap.:):thank you:
That's just awesome! :)

I remember being high one night and we went into the convenience stor for some munchies and coming out with a box of triscuits and a can of Cool Whip.

I Harvester

Late 70's being stoned at 1 in the morning on a Saturday night, making a run with my friends to the Southern Maid Doughnut shop that stayed open 24/7

Drive In movies....I really miss drive in's.

TLoft13

I still remember the time.....
when old geezers had something constructive to do instead of whining on the internet.
:D

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
There was two kinds of weed, green and brown, wait, and skunk, the old school smells like a skunk and had seeds the size of tennis balls skunk.

School milk was a nickel

There was two kinds of weed, green and brown, wait, and skunk, the old school smells like a skunk and had seeds the size of tennis balls skunk.

School milk was a nickel
You forgot the Christmas tree bud that would always appear in the fall. Had that piney smell

swampbuggy

Wjere to go with this...

Wjere to go with this...

Temple Ball

Buddha Thai Stick

Microdot - here take this

Paraquat scare

Real Acapulco Gold -real seedy - I think my sober bro still has some!

First time I got a # of sinse

Got busted with a QP and case of beer, Cop kept both and let us go.

Was with same friend - he got busted for a bag of seeds!

My half brother - much older was a hippie w purple granny glasses and seemed to think totaling Corvettes was fun 3 of um!!!

All this and Mom still calls the remote a clicker.:wallbash:

Speaking of way back, does anyone remember a scare about 21-23 years ago (based on where I was living at the time) with the Feds going after people who bought lights and gear based on sales from certain stores??? It was a big thing at the time. And of course it got undone(?) Thats what killed my first interest in hydro as I elected to toss everything. The whole first time thing turned out bad so it wasn't a hard decision but I sure cleaned up my act for 3 months as soon as I read about it in High Times mag.

Swamps listing of the Paraquat scare brought memories of that back. Does anyone remember the year(s?) of the Paraquat scare???

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I remember when.... pay per view meant reading the sports section in the daily rag (paper view ;) )

bearded1

I remember 6 cent cokes, first AC, our First TV everyone in the family came over on Sunday to watch. $10 4 finger bags. I remember pealing patatos at MC Donalds when fries were real. sign said thousands served not billons.

ibjamming

Veteran
No A/C anywhere but the grocery store.

It was cooler to play outside than inside...we'd be gone from 7am until dinnertime...and then again, until the streetlights came on.

Riding my bike everywhere...and far too.

10 cent sodas from a machine at the gas station...Devil Shake...in a glass bottle...the kind of machine for men, you pulled on the sharp, pointy metal bottle top, trying to pull the bottle over mechanical rollers that always seemed right on the edge of jamming up. Remember those machines? The vertical door running down the left side. You had to hold open that skinny door, reach in awkwardly (hmmm...maybe it was ME! I'm left handed) get a grip on that pointy, sharp ass bottle cap...and try to pull the bottle through those still metal rollers.

Remember school...no A/C, no screens in the windows?

The family TV was B&W and screen about the size of a dinner plate. I remember our first color TV in the early 60's and my rich friend's console TV with a remote that consisted of a hammer hitting a piece of metal. It turned it on and went through the channels one at a time...in one direction.

T

tokinafaty420

I'm still far too young to see a huge difference in the way of life, but I'm sure in like 20-30 years I'll feel the exact same way many of you do.

*edit*
haha figured one out...

I remember when... water was free.