What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
.. when my dope was the best in town.

... when dealers split their dope in half and didnt make any profit on it.

.. when cannabis was Class C in the UK.

... when you had to stand in a phonebox for 3 days to score a herb.

.. when BT phoneboxes still accepted coins.

... when you could smoke upstairs on the bus

.. when single sheets of rizla were free at the local shop

... when cigarettes were sold singly for 10p

.. when you could drive into town without being filmed by cctv.

... when you could take the grass back to a dealer and swap it for better stuff.

.. when Cheese was melted on toast.

... when you could smoke a spliff with a bouncer in a nightclub.

.. when street lamps still had 250w bulbs in them :bandit:

... when you could still collect confiscated items (scales and lamps) from the police station

... when the police wore tits on their heads and did the community a service.

.. when an 1/8th of skunk cost less than a rock does !!!

Edit: I just realised that I'm too young for this forum.. lol (sorry foggies) :friends:

Last edited:

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Every box of cereal came with a free toy

Toilet paper was wide.

When it was us against them and we knew who "them" was. We knew who they were too.

Popcorn had to be popped in oil.

You could leave the house unlocked.

Banana seats and wheelie bars

When rainbows and butterflies were not part of some government conspiracy.

Last edited:
Pack of Luckies........25 cents
Bottle of beer in a bar.........30 cents and a penny tax
Found a gas war..................19.9 a gallon
Bottle of Coca-Cola...............10 cents anywhere
Minimum wage.....................1.00 per hour
Working in the steel mill.........6.50 per hour
2 dogs and a coke.................90 cents
New Corvette........................4 grand

M

Marywanna

Pixie Stix.....Wax lips......Candy Necklaces....Slo-poke Caramel suckers.

Faraway

When there was no music on FM radio... but when it started it was on for only a few hours. When you could hitchike & the guy that picked you up took you to where you were going & spit tobacco in a can between you two. When there were no life guards to try to bust you on the beach for having a beer or joint. When your fenders flapped in the wind from rust. When there was 3.2 beer & you only had to be 18 to buy it. When a new GTO was 3 grand. When Stingray bikes had a 2 speed kick-back rear hub. When most kids made skateboards with steal wheels. When in school there were Jocks, Heads, Narcs, Nerds, Juicers, Bible thumpers. When a teacher could take you out in the hall & paddle the shit out of you. When cops didn't know what pot smelled like or looked like. When you could light your tap water on fire from the sulfur, happened once in a rual area in No. Dakota. When you could stay all night on the beach & camp there without a permit.

M

Marywanna

I have no idea what slo poke caramel suckers are??... but I WANT ONE!

:D
I'm pretty sure they still make em,they were great at the saturday matinee movies! They made another one called a Black Cow,it was a Slo-poke covered in CHOCOLATE. We have a cool penny candy store that has all the old candies......but they ain't a penny anymore. A Maryjane costs a nickle! I always liked those little wax bottles with the syrupy stuff in em. Still love Necco Wafers too. "In those days,nickles had bumblebees on em,and we all wore an onion hanging from our belt.".........Grandpa Simpson

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
damn... its the same here... I often find myself asking "and how much are you penny chewies"

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Favorite Album cover for cleanin' weed...

fleetwood-mac-rumours.jpg

Gatefold albums were the best!!!..You can put a 1/2 ounce on 1 side ,agitate and all the seeds run down the crease:ying:

I remember when gas stations were SERVICE stations that checked fluid levels aired tires and pumped gas! There were usually some younger teens hanging around selling joints at my local station. I made my money the same way when I was 14, sellin doobs on the corner by that same station. GOOD TIMES!

reckon

I'll come back in here with:

Panama Red
Colombian Gold
Buddha Thai Sticks
Mowie Wowee
Nepalese Temple Balls,.......

I remember my first indoor grow: 4X 4ft flouro tubes (160w total), I had 3 girls in 4 gallon clay pots,...harvested 10-12 grams and thought I was doing pretty good!

:plant grow:

I must be ooooold, i can remember when everything was closed on sunday, hiding in the trunk when entering a drive-in movie..oh yeah, i remember drive-in movies also.. remember the day the Beatles broke up, and cars with spark plugs and no electronics and just am radio.

old grunt

I remember $15 or $20 Lids when I was on the W.C. same on the E.C except Zs my DEROS was july 4th 69 when I got back to world I could not Believe the prices of a weed When could we got O.J. for $5 for 2 Zs REG. $5 for 1/4 lbs ahh, the good ole BAD daze