What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Plants Hide MJ Best?

wuzzenme

Pine trees hide MJ

Pine trees hide MJ

I met a helicopter pilot for the Ohio State Police at a dinner once. He told me that only 2 plants in nature give off a heat signature and they were MJ and pine trees. His words, not mine.

I was searching for some nettle seeds, and found this info:

"... It is an herb that needs to be stratified There are several ways to stratify. You can plant the plant in pots buried in the ground in the fall and the seedlings will emerge in the spring or you can refrigerate the seed in moist conditions for 6 to 8 weeks, then bring them out into a warm moist environment to sprout ..."

edit....well apparently not, all the other info I am finding doesn't say anything about this stratification..

wuzzenme

Well obviously pines arent warm-blooded. I am assuming there is something about MJ that causes it to reflect or trap and release the heat which, from the air makes MJ similar in appearance/color to pines. Perhaps it has something to do with the resinous surface. I have planted a lot of pines over the years. Seems to be working here.

heat signatures is a myth, cops use two methods, experienced eyes behind binoculars, or FLIR looking for coolness, not heat....the irrigated soil or amended soil or irrigation lines show colder than than the unirrigated soil because the water is slowly evaporating away, and evaporation is a cooling process.plants dont give off heat signatures. explain the science behind that.....

wuzzenme

As I said, his words, not mine. Regardless of his terminology, or how he said it, the guy was saying that in some way pines hide MJ. Cant explain the science. Dont claim to know. Just passing along what I was told by a guy who actually flies around looking for crops.

butterfly bush is a really great one to use. or planting outside, plant in big patches of Nettles. they will blend nicely with short indicas, and noone will mess with them. nettles hurt bad.

Morpheen

Eucalyptus (From Greek, ευκάλυπτος meaning "well covered". [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Most of the larger Eucalyptus species are extremely fast growing. [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Generally speaking, all Eucalypt species require full sun with an average soil.[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] Once established in the ground, many grow at a rate of 6 to 10 feet per year. In the Mid-Atlantic/North most varieties will survive winter but drastically die back to remain more of a large bush. With over 900 [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]known species, I sure you can find one suitable to your needs. I'll be trying to hide a chicken wire fence and up to 8' sativas in a single season.
eucalyptus.jpg

:joint:Dutch
[/FONT]

Morpheen

Upon farther investigation, seems this is a better choice:

2587 Coral Gum Eucalyptus torquata
A slightly frost hardy, evergreen tree, fast growing to 15 to 40 feet tall (4.5-12 m), 20 feet wide (6 m); rough flaky bark. Very ornamental, best for zones 9 and higher. Attractive buds & fruit. Pinky cream flowers Sept-Jan. For most well drained soils in a warm sunny spot. Frost protection when young. Good pot plant for patio.

Tall and Wide, and what they don't state here is they also doesn't need stratification (A lot of Eucalyptus strains do) however its not very drought tolerant .

:joint:Dutch

B

BigTex

Down here in the south US I like to plant among the ragweed, looks real similar, might not wanna smoke it if you are bothered by ragweed though:D

searcher

some of the perennial hibiscus have deeply cut leaves and some are even purple leafed. on the eastern shore phragmites are a big problem if you cleared some out to grow cannabis you would be doing the world a favor its abit like that "wild cane" or arundo donax. which is commonly sold in garden centers. Baccharis halimifolia or sea myrtle is very very common on the eastern shore so much so it's not sold in garden centers. it can tolerate wet feet and is a quick grower at 3' a year in youth reaching 12' at maturity. there is many great native grasses for every area that disguise it so well as a barrier.

I put mine on the edge of a rye field, any leafy green bushes nearby will help your plants blend in but I have heavy helicopter traffic overhead all summer (damn sheriffs) seems the recession doesn't keep them from wasting tons of cash on fuel for garden spotting fly-bys. I camouflage them from over head surveillance with sumac groves (and I randomly space plots of 2 or 3 plants MAX) as I've heard that these disguise the heat reflective signature at night. This will be year three and even though I've watched them fly 40 feet over my patches I have harvested every plant I've ever put out. BTW barber hair keeps deer away.

H

humboldtlocal

nicotinia/tobacco, multi branching sunflowers, mexican sunflowers, marigolds, cosmos, morning glory on a trellis, also if you go to the dollar store you can buy fake flowers and tape them to a bamboo stake and stick them in your plants. These all work good in a vegi garden.

nephilthim

if you have potential rippers or have had em grow bouganvillia meter readers hate thsi shit.I have cracks in my feet(barefooting),and I managed to step on a boug thorn that was 2 inches long this shit along with blackberry bushes will exact d.n.a. skin blood to anyone foolish enough to force their way thru them. i have honeysuckle bamboo is fast growing cover (keep the rhizomes barricaded to keep from spreading.poison oak poison ivy if outdoors,poiosn oak s a bitch cover up wash clothes seperately.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
wow i just got back on here an went looking for this thread, i looked threw almost 20+ pages lol to find out its a sticky wow. some of the plants look to much like mj, people would see it an hink its mj to find out its not but the plant next to it is lol man am i flyin right now

harley01

I go for thick tall bushes.

Cut a small tunnel into the bushes and clear an area, dig your holes, bring in dirt, and go from there.. Cut another tunnel and do the same.

I am actually planting along a freeway this year.

The bushes are about 60' wide and 50 yards long on a very steep hill..

They actually have two irrigation lines running through them as well...

Being along a freeway eliminates kids but also brings into play Cal trans.. This thought came to me when I was court ordered to work cal trans and we worked right around this thick patch of bushes with no one even thinking twice to enter.

I am hoping for the best.