What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

medical card issued for depression?

Before I gave this board a visit today, I had no idea that herb was used to treat depression and anxiety. I can see how some strains could be very helpful.

Im just wondering if doctors are issueing med cards to people with depression. Ive never been to the doctor about my problem, for one thing because I pretty much keep it to myself, the only person Ive told is my mom and even she has no idea how bad it can get, and 2, because Im not about to take the drugs that theyll try to put me on. Ive seen one of my friends on his depression meds, and I definatly don't want to go that route. In all honesty, I think Id rather deal with my problem without any help than take the drugs.

If you have any insight on this, it would be greatly appiciated. I think Im going to order some durban poison seeds and see how that strain works for me. Both the strains I have right now are heavy indica, and personally I think a sativa buzz will help me deal with my problems.

Peace

G o G

ezozo

Hi gift I don't know if doctor can give you med card or not but I like to tell you that this great herb can give you some relief but will not solve the problem.
I advice you the get help and professional assistance side by side with the relief from the cannabis.

be well,
zozo

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
i know of several patients here in cali who've gotten recommendations for depression and anxiety

full time daddy
Veteran
im with my bean's depression and anxiety are 2 of biggest reasons for medical mj in california......

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
medical MJ

medical MJ

Ive seen it prescribed for pre menopause problems ... which difinetly includes anxiety and depression :)

forget menopause it should be prescribed to women when cramping, that shit is like having a baby it hurts too much ;(