What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ADHD &Cannabis?

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
there is this 10 year old kid I know, who is, well, at least some what Hyper Active.
Riddlein was suggested. His mother declined. I was happy about that.

We were at a Show when the Kid got hyper, not Bad, just Yacky and Jumpy he was bored. He's 10 right!?

But you can't have him disrupting things.

I said out loud in the theater, "Someone give him a cannabis cookie."
Little did I know!!! Wait till his mom sees this!
You will need RealPlayer

http://www.pot-tv.net/archive/shows/pottvshowse-2802.html

friendlyfriend

Veteran
My father has always been a hardworking always active individual and me and my younger brother are the same way. We all considered ourselves men with an inmense zest for life. But in grammer school my younger brother was always in trouble and suspended from school a bunch of times before he was diagnosed with ADHD. And prescribed ritalin for about a year and a half and I think that damn drug really sedated him and changed his personality. It did produce the desired effects according to his teachers and our (his families) observations. But 7 years later I believe it has resurfaced. Now he is 17 and has his first car and the kid is going full speed ahead! But through me I have brought to his attention the benefits of cannabis for people like us who might be a little anxious or hyper at times. Although I cannot procure cannabis for either of us I look forward to helping my brother out and also relieving pain, murder insomnia, and curb my ADHD as well. I have greater control of my mind and body than my younger sibling but it is awesome to know that we do not have to rely on something a pharmacuetical giant wants us to injest for their financial gain. On many ADHD drugs, OCD and depression control medication there are not enough studies to prove long term effectiveness and or the negative sideeffects. Remember before ephedra and atkins for weightloss PHEN PHEN was highly reccomended and universally accepted until people started dropping like flies and coming down with a multitude of complications. Moderation is a key to longevity and self preservation. Lets keep this in mind :D

full time daddy
Veteran
thx sin///

thx sin///

cant wait to show my mom........my lil bro is a crazed one (adhd)

she keeps telling me cannbus is bad for kid..(13)....i keep telling her im gonna give him a brownie.. :) but i never would...

InTrInSiC

as someone who had ADHD as a child, and was put on ritalin, all it did was turn me into a speed junkie, when I stopped taking it I started doing crystal meth because i didnt have that up feeling anymore, it wasnt good. Cannabis got me through withdrawls and has even helped with my adult add. so Yeah i agree completely down with stimulant drugs for our children!!!

G

I have lived with ADD all of my life. I was put on an array of different treatments, including Ritalin. They all made me a zombie. My body was on auto-pilot, and my brain was numb.

I began self treating with cannabis at about 15. Soon after I realized its potential as a medicine I stopped taking prescription medications for ADD completely.

I find that a good sativa (NOT a heavy indica) is very effective medicinally for treatment for ADD and anxiety. Although you would think of downing someone whose mind is wound up, the brain of someone with ADD reacts the opposite of someone with a "normal" brain.

A sative leaves me able to complete the functions of the day effectively. Although a good indica works as well, it is not always easy to stop what you need to do and veg out for several hours for treatments.

Be vert careful giving children cannabis orally. Although it can be effective, be sure to test the dosage. An overdosing is very easy to do, and the mental consequences of scaring the shit out of a little kid with a crazy THC trip far outweigh its medicinal value.

Has anyone tried low heat vapor hits for treating children with ADD? Now that would be pushing the envelope!

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
anything apart from hard drugs, which is what ritalin is essentially, is better, i use the weed to help with my ocd a lot, dont get me wrong, i likd to get stoned long b4 i knew i had this slight tendancy to get a bit nutty about what seems silly stuff.The docs, and psychologists have tried a lot of sedatives, and anti-depressants, but i dont like em at all, the way the anti -deps make u feel, its like an xtasy come down, and i dont want that at all.

G

I know what you mean with OCD and doing stupid things. I have/had a very mild case. I would always be laughing at myself for doing stoooopid things like twiddle my thumbs the exact same amount of rotations each way. Or make sure i made the exact same count of movements for tyeing my shoes. it was hilarious. As far as Hyper kids go and i was sure one of them my Dad had the perfect cure. A big leather belt. And I've never been calmer.

Blatant

G

Oh guys you have no idea the hell I have been through over this very thing we are talking about. I was diagnosed add/adhd amongst other things. I really never believed that I had it as a adult. I havn't taken the meds for sometime now. My legs bounce so much it shakes the entire house, well almost. Drives my wife crazy.

I never have taken meth and never will, speed has the reverse affect on add/adhd type people. It actually slows them down, it does me. But I hate taking meds as I think one leads to another. I am also diagnosed with depression and I have been told I am bi-polar. But these are doctors trying to sell me more meds.

Sorry so long winded about this, it is a very touchy subject with me. I have been smoking since I was 16 years old. It does help me but I have to smoke alot to stay level.

full time daddy
Veteran
my mom loved this vidieo...........first time she hurd of it for kid.
that was not from a hippy looking doc *as she said*