What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What the.... is going on with my plants?!

Got them in 50, 65, & 100 pots with an timer watering system drip emitters that I rigged up. I set my watering to water at 9am and feed them 3-8 gallons.

That's too much, I think.

I like to let mine dry out a little between watering, and let them sit on their own during cool damp stretches of weather.

Too much water causes root issues that can cause all sorts of signs to show up in leaves of the plant.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I usually shoot for watering 10 percent of my container size.

Im only in 45 gallon fabric containers, And watering around 3/3.5 gallons per container and i get plenty of runoff

therevverend

Veteran
What's the weather been like? The problem with Auto daily watering set ups is that plants need for water changes as they mature. As the days get shorter and cooler they need less water then in the peak of the summer heat. As plants mature their watering cycles can become variable.
I've had a couple rain storms the last two weeks. I haven't watered in over a week, finally gave them a little water today. But it's suppose to rain tomorrow so I didn't give them much.
I wouldn't worry (too much) about stuff drifting over from the corn. It may shorten your life or cause low sperm counts but I doubt it would burn your plants like that.

That's so not allot. It doesn't sound like they SHOULD be getting over watered. how established are the roots in those pots? They are smallish pots for outdoor, and i would think by now they would be at least approaching being root bound in those containers. If that's the case, it's Damn hard to over water them. Not with 3-8g.
How does the soil look at the end of a hot day? How do the plants look if you skip a day or 2? Do they wilt a little? And are you feeding through the drip or by hand? Do you hand flush with water? Those questions can rule out a few things.

That's burn and dead tissue. Not surewhat the dead tissue it's from. Possibly bugs.
If it were me, i would rule out nutrients first. I would hand flush with tap water. Get any salt build up out. Then i would feed them some organic ish liquid nutes or water soluble dry nutes.

It feed through the drip lines automatic, so no hand feed. Weather here Midwest doesn’t get that hot like out in Kali so even after 2 days of no water the plants have no wilt. The past week been in the 80’s

Last year I encounter the same problem too but couldn’t figure out what was going on with them. Last year I was hand watering them this year I setup the irrigation lines.
Same location, same pots, same kind of nutrient (Jacks Classic).
The things I did different was brought some new soil, irrigation system, and widen the plot a lot since last year cop was crowded.

Well my bro pay a visit 2 week ago and said that I was under feeding them so I bump up the feeding to 3-8 gallons everyday but my plants was already showing sign of them disease on the fan leaf. So I’m kind of ruling out that was the cause of it.

There is so much wrong with those plants, the answer will never be found here. IMO

OSG that is such a sad quote.
I’m pretty sure all questions have an answer besides “who really build the pyramid” and other extreme scientific question.

But I understand that my plants are already too late into damages n doesn’t have that good of a chance to fully recover, especially being this far in. Im gonna just have to ride out these 4 remaining week n hope for the best.

CrushnYuba

Well my bro pay a visit 2 week ago and said that I was under feeding them so I bump up the feeding to 3-8 gallons everyday but my plants was already showing sign of them disease on the fan leaf. So I’m kind of ruling out that was the cause of it.

That's the problem. Feeding synthetic salts outside causes problems. It happens feeding through drip more frequently. Jacks is terrible for outdoor. Stuff Like that has to be flushed out with plain water weekly. Maxibloom also. I don't know if you are underfeeding as much as your plants aren't taking it up.

I would really flush that Stuff out and use some organic replacements. Its cheaper also. Organic is really hard to overdo. You can just hit them hard and the plant doesn't use lt whatever. Don't have to worry about burn and lockout, or ph. There's a reason everyone here in norcal uses organics. Every person i know grows outdoors and no one uses jacks or anything like it outside anymore. Its not because we are hippies and we want "organic meds". Its because it's easy and gets better results. Find me one person growing 5 lb plants with chems. Organic is Bigger yields and less problems. I'll use chems all day on indoor. It works with smaller pots. Big volumes of soil outside, it just doesn't.

Get a garden hose and flush that crap out by Hand. Throw down some organic dry fertilizer on top of your soil. Scratch it into the top 2 inches of the soil with your fingers. Hand water it in. The next day, turn your drip back on with plain water. Let your buds stack and do the best they can this year. They aren't going to just die. They won't fully recover because they are in flower already, but it's your best chance on salvaging the year.

radioman

Disboikrazy - I had the same thing happen to my plants 8 or 9 years ago. I don't think it was caused by anything you did or didn't do. When I had that problem - it just happened - I never did figure out what happened... It was like something from the environment - like acid rain or something. I thought it might have been some kind of bug at the time. I have heard of plants being burned by bright sunlight after being soaked by water - but I have never seen it... After seeing your pictures - I looked back at my old pictures and remembered that problem. It really fucks up the weed. I trimmed mine the best I could and made bubble hash out of the rest...

That's the problem. Feeding synthetic salts outside causes problems. It happens feeding through drip more frequently. Jacks is terrible for outdoor. Stuff Like that has to be flushed out with plain water weekly. Maxibloom also. I don't know if you are underfeeding as much as your plants aren't taking it up.

I would really flush that Stuff out and use some organic replacements. Its cheaper also. Organic is really hard to overdo. You can just hit them hard and the plant doesn't use lt whatever. Don't have to worry about burn and lockout, or ph. There's a reason everyone here in norcal uses organics. Every person i know grows outdoors and no one uses jacks or anything like it outside anymore. Its not because we are hippies and we want "organic meds". Its because it's easy and gets better results. Find me one person growing 5 lb plants with chems. Organic is Bigger yields and less problems. I'll use chems all day on indoor. It works with smaller pots. Big volumes of soil outside, it just doesn't.

Get a garden hose and flush that crap out by Hand. Throw down some organic dry fertilizer on top of your soil. Scratch it into the top 2 inches of the soil with your fingers. Hand water it in. The next day, turn your drip back on with plain water. Let your buds stack and do the best they can this year. They aren't going to just die. They won't fully recover because they are in flower already, but it's your best chance on salvaging the year.

Thanks for the advice! Gonna give them a hard flush of plain water.

Disboikrazy - I had the same thing happen to my plants 8 or 9 years ago. I don't think it was caused by anything you did or didn't do. When I had that problem - it just happened - I never did figure out what happened... It was like something from the environment - like acid rain or something. I thought it might have been some kind of bug at the time. I have heard of plants being burned by bright sunlight after being soaked by water - but I have never seen it... After seeing your pictures - I looked back at my old pictures and remembered that problem. It really fucks up the weed. I trimmed mine the best I could and made bubble hash out of the rest...

Yea someone here mention that it was an environmental thing, this is why i came up with the conclusion that maybe them corn farmer had sprayed something in the area that maybe drifted toward my crop but who’s know.

It’s funny, cuase the same things happened to me last year too but didn’t effect that many plant as it did this year.

Forgot I had this book on hand. After some reading I’m sure I have leaf septoria since my plant look the same as the 2nd pic.
Suck,! But guess I’m gonna have to maganged it better

Attachments

• 1A8110E4-7B5D-4F0D-AF01-182993D43D7A.jpg
    1A8110E4-7B5D-4F0D-AF01-182993D43D7A.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 22
  • B4E76FF8-42B2-4D26-88E9-E3285A1C9DC8.jpg
    B4E76FF8-42B2-4D26-88E9-E3285A1C9DC8.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 9E25D8EA-5565-47F1-9FDE-E031018DE48B.jpg
    9E25D8EA-5565-47F1-9FDE-E031018DE48B.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 22

CrushnYuba

Some of it does look like septoria. I feel like plants only get leaf septoria if they are otherwise deficient or burned. A leaf that has weak and dead spots from deficiency or burn becomes susceptible. Its somewhat difficult to control if you live in a wet place that gets rain and is humid.

First thing i would do is fix your nutrient problem that is causing the weak plant in the first place. You are in flower so you can really only stop it from getting worse. Make sure your plant has all the nutrients available that it wants. Even though you are in flower, i would make sure it has all the ORGANIC nitrogen it wants. And calcium for sure. There are even chem nutes that have organic N like max sea, and organics have nitrate nitrogen. All fertilizers have % listed for nitrate nitrogen, organic nitrogen, and urea nitrogen.

Then I'd pick off all your infected leafs and as much weak leaf as you can.

Spray Some stuff for fungus control. Powdered sulfur mixed in water works and isn't toxic.

Thanks for the input CnY. I’ll in the process of flushing/watering them with plain water for now then I’ll them some max sea nutrients

CrushnYuba

If you are going on the direction of max sea, I'd use the 16-16-16 and a little bit of that jacks flower booster ya got.
You could just throw a little bit of chicken shit and guano on the top and water it in. Not use any liquid nutes if ya want. That's personally what i would do