What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A blow for freedom in Vermont

ambertrichome

Veteran
Looks like what Ive posted, and also the same thing a few others are experiencing. Ive used 1 guys photos and have put this topic up on several forums, with no consensus.
IMHO its something to do with bugs/virus.
My 1 buddy has been experiencing this for the last 4-5 years, and has probably lost 1000 females

zappa66

I'm not dwelling on it. I don't have a lot riding on this grow its just for jun I have a little indoor situation keeping me supplied. Additionally I'm buying a house this fall I'm thinking a little hoop house is in order. Now that its legal here I want a little more control than the great outdoors offer. I'll certainly chime in if I learn anything new about this purple gibberish. I think all who are effected by this, can agree, that it is in-fact bullshit though.

zappa66

attachment.php

It’s not all doom and gloom: mikado rocking into flower

radioman

My plants are coming along and should be ready to pick in about 2 weeks. I visited them yesterday and gave them a shot of F.F. Big Bloom along with some Maxicrop liquid seaweed. I top-dressed them again with Black Kow manure with some Jobe's organic flower fertilizer 3-5-4 added. (I know I'm late on the top-dress)...

radioman

I'm guilty of not tending my plants (like I know I should). This strain I'm growing - Vermont Passion #1 is one of the easiest plants to grow. It may not be the best I've grown but it's suits my lifestyle... The last time I checked them was August 10th...

So considering this is a Vermont thread what has every found to be a good outdoor choice in VT. I have tried different strains and have lost so much to bud rot and I'm sick of it. Most of the hardier outdoor growing plants are also not very potent in my experience. So just wondering what others have found so next year I can try again

radioman

Try getting some seeds from a strain that has been growing in Vermont & is acclimated to the climate, etc...

radioman

I have been growing this Dutch Passion #1 in Vermont for 15 years. I originally bought the seeds from Gypsy when He owned SeedsDirect. The price was $27 ($30 - 10% discount) + $5 shipping. Also back then - You could request any Nirvana Strain for a freebie. So I also got a free pack of Nirvana Afghani... This picture was taken Wednesday October 3 of the small plants I had at the edge of the Forest...

Attachments

• DSC03911.jpg
    DSC03911.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 20

zappa66

well I harvested both plants at this point. I cut the mikado october 10th and the goldfish october 18th. I ended up getting them into a greenhouse to finish them.

Mikado - would have been a good harvest but mold took 2/3ds of it in the end. Was not able to harvest when I would have liked due to family stuff. still ended up with about 6 oz. Shame.

Goldfish - needed another week perhaps, no mold. I learned my lesson and got while the getting was good. Still drying but got quite a bit. a good few colas were effected by the purple stunting noted earlier in the thread, they just never developed.

all in all better than I would have thought for indoor strains.

In regards to strains that do well here I always used Gorilla gold, mighty freeze, and friesland crosses. problem is that with the two plant limit smaller early strains are not going to produce. I plant make a few mighty freeze crosses this winter and try those. Available strains I have considered trying that are available for sale at

Freeze crosses over at bush brothers
Big freeze crosses by beanhoarder at HD also boggy bottom seeds
Stuff from getaway mountain seeds
Real gorilla seeds also has some early stuff.

the above list should net vermonters a few good choices. Im still looking for a good mold resistant strain that will do well in a 100 smart pot type situation late sep/first week of october.

PDX Dopesmoker

Thats a great looking spot, just under the edge of the treeline. There got to be a stream running at the bottom of that little valley too.