What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deuterium Depleted Water - John Ellis

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
John Ellis Water...

I am not the engineering genius but I just saw , read and watched this you tube vid about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Y5_oZ5NIo

I found it interesting and, in my peanut brain, logical.
Again, I'm no engineer or scientist but some of you are. What do you think about better water for our plants? and for us and our health?

We use RO water because it has filtered out impurities and is a better base for mixing nutrient mixes.
It ain't cheap but this product says it does it better than RO or distilled water.. Is this just hokum or factual? Can I/we put this 'process' to work for us?

igrowone

Veteran
It ain't cheap but this product says it does it better than RO or distilled water.. Is this just hokum or factual? Can I/we put this 'process' to work for us?

didn't check the link, but idea sounds like hokum
to the best of memory, deuterium resides mostly in the oceans, very little in the normal fresh water in rain, lakes etc.

edit: some reading on heavy water percentage in fresh water
kind of involved, looks like there was more deuterium in there than i thought
but it is less than ocean water
the percent varies based on temps, colder regions have lower percents of deuterium
so maybe water from the glaciers in alaska/canada might have some benefits