What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Ethiopian, Panama x Honduras, Panama, Golden Tiger and Kalichina x Zamaldel

Tangwena

Veteran
Lovely combo indeed! Nice looking plants Tangwena. Do they have the Ethiopian domant structure too, like the classic Xmas tree? Or are they lanky legs like Malawis often get. Happy growing!
They would be tall and xmas tree like but I have had to bend them over also having no vedge time to speak of they didn't get much chance to get their true shape.
Outside in the sun these would really shine. I have a clone I will be trying outside I want lots of these buds if I can get them.
I think these could get some nice buds on them if given the chance.

Tangwena

Veteran
lovely work, Tangwena!
Thanks brother its very scary for me growing in the country I grow in we are stuck with a very blinkered government. But growing Aces gear it always seems worth it.
I just wish the grow was over and I could get onto the curing and then consumption of these beauties.

Tangwena

Veteran
Tangwena, very nice grow my friend. Beautiful frosty nugs! Happy Thanksgiving Peace
Thank you my friend but its all down to the genetics they manage to survive despite my trying my best to kill them ha ha.
If they only knew what I have in store for them that Panama is going to be the death of me I have never seen that much resin on anything except a hash plant. The cobs will be day changers for sure.
Makes me glad I dont smoke any more ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
Man...I love this GT!!The Ethiopian cross looks exceptional,too.
I am just starting to go up on some GT from 2015 not as good as the cobs I misplaced 2017 was a good year for my GT.
This baby will be good I will try my best to take it as late as possible for maximum power.
At Christmas I go back to where I stashed my lost GT cobs from 2017. I think I now know where I put them ha ha.
They should be good they were vacuum sealed they will have aged nicely.
I think I will be in heaven at the New Year festivities theres nothing like an aged GT cob to bring out the hugging and kissing feelings.
I have a feeling the Ethiopian cross is going to something very very special. Most things crossed to Aces Malawi seem to have that something special happen to them.

Tangwena

Veteran
Start of the great famine

Start of the great famine

Today I decided to start reducing the nutes on the Panama, GT, and Honduras cross.
They had been on 1.6ec thats including 0.6ec of the RO water.
They are now on 1.2ec for next 2 weeks then reducing again for the final weeks until they are ready.

Heres some pics of the Panama x Honduras that has started filling in nicely, Panama lower buds, Golden Tiger and the Malawi x Ethiopian.

I look at the Panama lowers and think they look so juicy like pineapples spikes.

The Honduras has that background but a very floral overtone I have never smelt anything like it. I just know I like it a helluva lot...

hey Tangwena, nice grow going there brother! had a couple these Honduras ladies going earlier. one purpled out a bit as the weather cooled off. the only part of the plant that turned a very light purply/bluish hue was the sugar leaves. she had a sparkle about her when the sun touched her that was mesmerizing.

miss purple ended up with whispy airy flowers giving off this same floral overtone you mentioned above. and just as you said, i have never smelled anything like her! the most favorite plant i've ever smelled. she was stealthy too because i had to be right up on her to smell her. and she made me want to be close! hahahaha!

she's cobbed up now and her semll is still unmistakable present in cobb form. so your harvest will not forsake your nostrils!

the green girl had slightly more dense flowers, yet still airy. she was a bit shorter and wider, but retained the xmas tree shape with a smell that was close to that of her purple sister.

Tangwena

Veteran
hey Tangwena, nice grow going there brother! had a couple these Honduras ladies going earlier. one purpled out a bit as the weather cooled off. the only part of the plant that turned a very light purply/bluish hue was the sugar leaves. she had a sparkle about her when the sun touched her that was mesmerizing.

miss purple ended up with whispy airy flowers giving off this same floral overtone you mentioned above. and just as you said, i have never smelled anything like her! the most favorite plant i've ever smelled. she was stealthy too because i had to be right up on her to smell her. and she made me want to be close! hahahaha!

she's cobbed up now and her semll is still unmistakable present in cobb form. so your harvest will not forsake your nostrils!

the green girl had slightly more dense flowers, yet still airy. she was a bit shorter and wider, but retained the xmas tree shape with a smell that was close to that of her purple sister.
Awesome post man you lucky devil she will be amazing once cobbed.
I am looking forward to cobbing her she is so special. well all of them are really.
I love the strains I am growing at the moment only Zamaldelica missing but there is plenty of the last cob left and its a killer I got that cure spot on for the Zam its real mind bending gear just like the Malawi I USED TO GET IN MALAWI.
If it doesn't change you into super man it isn't strong enough in my book.

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 9 flower

Week 9 flower

Here are my plants after one week on low nutes ec0.6 I am trying to finish them before Christmas some may others def not the Malawi x Ethiopia and the Honduras x Panama probably will finish new year or even after.

The GT I feel will finish by Christmas but the Panama may have to be left until new year she doesn't seem to be phased by high or low nutes she just keeps on trucking ha ha. Lovely plant I have a clone I took well into flowering that has kicked in and is flowering well and should give me a couple of cobs on its own when finished just amazing plant.

I am taking some more lower branches from the clone to clone again I want a lot of this one ha ha.
I also have a clone of both the Honduras cross and Golden Tiger flowering like crazy as well both taken well into flower and cloned easily.

First up Panama and Honduras x Panama

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 9 flower

Week 9 flower

Here is the Golden Tiger and Malawi x Ethiopia plus the clone of the Panama flowering nicely.
The Golden Tiger is a fast flowering pheno and I have clones of this as well. I intend taking more clones from them as well its a winner and once cobbed will be just the ticket for leaving reality after chewing a piece of the cob.

But even with all these lovely plants one of the two Malawi x Ethiopia is the one that has my attention. The faster flowering plant of the two I have going is everything I look for in an African sativa its got me very excited and I have clones of this one as well.
I think a fast sweat on 24hr dried buds will make these gems turn into a real African trip like I have never grown before.
I just cant rep them enough to me they are the best buds in this grow.

ULMW

I like your Garden Tangwena. Praying for that Ethio Malawi Harmony I can only imagine being an escalstor to the highedt regions of bliss and upper consciousness. Lets pray for the plants spirit to yield in your harvest and your careful curing techs.
Going to be really special meds for you my brother. I can already feel and sense your combined energies and happiness. Happy growing!!!

Tangwena

Veteran
I like your Garden Tangwena. Praying for that Ethio Malawi Harmony I can only imagine being an escalstor to the highedt regions of bliss and upper consciousness. Lets pray for the plants spirit to yield in your harvest and your careful curing techs.
Going to be really special meds for you my brother. I can already feel and sense your combined energies and happiness. Happy growing!!!
Yes I like what I am seeing on that faster pheno if it doubles or triples in size by harvest I will have fist fulls of heaven I am sure.
Things just keep getting better every day.

deepwaterdude

Garden looks killer, tangwena, as per the usual;) You got an eye for the deadly girls, that's for sh*t sure. I remember you picking out my green panama keeper when she was still in diapers. If that one doubles or triples in size, you can spend the rest of your days sitting on the porch, chewing your .2 gram nugs and grinning from ear to ear:tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Garden looks killer, tangwena, as per the usual;) You got an eye for the deadly girls, that's for sh*t sure. I remember you picking out my green panama keeper when she was still in diapers. If that one doubles or triples in size, you can spend the rest of your days sitting on the porch, chewing your .2 gram nugs and grinning from ear to ear:tiphat:
Thats such a beautiful thought my friend, now I have some GT cob thats just where you will find me most days haha.
With gear like that its very easy to let the troubles and worries of this life just slip off your shoulders thats for sure.

Tangwena

Veteran
Start week 10

Start week 10

Heres the pics of Panama, Panama x Honduras and Golden Tiger.
I have cut the nutes to half and the leaves are starting to fade towards the harvest.
These are now on 10/14 and have been on 11/13 since week one.

G

Hubba hubba!They're fattening up a lot!The Pan x Honduras looks very Panama I think,how's the smells?That's a fast GT!:tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 9

Week 9

The Malawi x Ethiopia are a week behind the others but have the most beautiful sativa buds at least to me.
These need to be grown again I am sure they can be vegged a lot longer and would be a lot bigger but for a quick test grow they are the best I have come across. I have clones so I may regrow these alone and let them get big if they are as good effect as they are looking.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hubba hubba!They're fattening up a lot!The Pan x Honduras looks very Panama I think,how's the smells?That's a fast GT!:tiphat:
Hi Syd yes the Panama is fat and heavy she has been covered in resin from day one. The smell is very sweet lemon skunk with incense and spices once she dries the buds will be wow!
I have a clone of all of them going again.
The Panama x Honduras has Panama back ground smell but touching the buds you can smell a very fruity sour smell. If she wasn't in the same room as the Panama she would stand out more.
The buds are a bit more airy while the Panama are heavy and dense.

But with these two stinking the place up the GT doesn't stand out but the top cola has a fermented fruit smell while the buds smell more of honey. I cant wait to cob this one and try her. Yes she is very fast I was thinking to harvest at 8 weeks!
She looked that done but no, she had one last big push of flowers and now looks like 12 weeks should do her.

But with all these strong smells the one that has me excited is #1 of the two Malawi x Ethiopia. The smells are sweet sandalwood and lime very subtle you have to touch her to smell them.
Its just the kind of smell I remembered from the very best cobs I used to get in Africa.
I am thinking the high from this plant should be very cerebral and like champagne compared to whisky with the other plants I am so looking forward to this plant but it may go 14 weeks I think but worth every minute.

Tangwena

Veteran
10.5 weeks

10.5 weeks

picture.php
Every summer I have problems with white fly invasions so far this year I have been lucky but yesterday I spotted 3 of the little bastards.
I usually get away with one grow but get hit during the second grow with the clones.
I will be away from the 22nd of Dec until the 2nd of January and this worries me as they could get a hold while I am away.
I have been catching and introducing Lady bird beetles but they are getting hard to find at the moment.
They love munching o the eggs and larvae of all manner of sucking pests and are a good natural way to control pests if you can get enough of them as they work all day long eating pests.

I am hoping to at least be able to take most of the GT, Panama and Panama x Honduras before I leave they are getting very low nute feeds in an attempt to meet this deadline.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts