What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
my man smooth'! good to see you around brother
how are things up your way, anything good growing?

things are great pop good weathers around the corner bout to get veggy and other garden prepped. just flip timer to 12/12 on the other.excited about that

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
thats rad about the switch to 12/12, no the funs about to begin
there is something about watching a plant transform from veg to flower
its been a rally wet spring here and the garden is loving it, we are pulling up volleyball sized cabbages and beautiful swiss chard
keep us posted on how things are growing

glad you were able to get in some nice rides before the weather turned on you fiddy
things are still way too wet to hit the trails on the bike and all the spots are closed due to the social distancing restrictions
the definition of mask has been pretty loose but yeah most people hear them in public now
everyone working in stores have masks and gloves on
there are places that are giving away free masks for those who dont have one
i have a few balaclavas but prefer to just wear a neck gaitor when i go out
i havent hear of people getting in trouble for not wearing them but who knows whats next
stay safe and warm brother

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday! I hope everyone is feeling well and keeping occupied.
Anyone have anything exciting planned for this weekend?

@Packerfan. I think that as LED's become more popular and widely used the questions I have will be answered. 50k hours would be a long time between replacement. As the price comes down I will be tempted to get something that would be an equivalent to my 600w HPS and see how it does. I'm also wondering how much it would heat up my tent compared to HPS with air cooled hood, but I'll probably have to try one to find that out.
Well I guess it could be worse than wearing a mask. Are people making themed masks like with your favorite bands name on them, now that would be cool. Protection and a fashion statement all in one LOL!

@big315smooth. Like pop said, the few weeks after the flip to 12/12 is when things get fun! Good luck and keep up the good work!

@pop_rocks. I'm hoping for many good rides in the coming weeks brother, and maybe even one today. That is unfortunate about your trails being closed. Our governor closed a bunch of state parks, beaches, and forests yesterday citing "crowding, littering, and vandalism". People need stuff to do and joy in their lives and the more that they take away the harder the mental health toll this is going to have. We are lucky to live with our significant others, those who live alone are much more likely to experience mental health issues. My wife's mom is having a hard time right now because she is the type that always had a lot to keep her busy and now has nothing to do. Every day of the week she had some kind of volunteer work through her church and keeping busy was good for her. Taking meals to the elderly and stuff like that.
Keep safe and as dry brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
my mom is the same way, always on the go
now most of the places she volunteers at are closed down but she still find things to do around the house
i think one of the reasons they closed down the beaches and parks here in san diego are because a lot of people are not taking the quarantine seriously
its tough because a lot people are not going to work and dont have anything to occupy their time, but there is no excuse for littering and vandalism

keep those wheels turning brother and hope you and the family are all safe and happy

Rodehazrd

Hello Folks
I hear you on the shut ins. We're so lucky here to get out and walk around.
The zoom app helps connect and its easy enough for us geezers.
Any John Prine fans here? He was a kentucky treasure and revered around here. If you liked him you might put on you tube and drink a Handsome Gentleman his favorite drink. Even the Bourbon Snobs poured one this week. Here's the deal pour a glass of diet ginger ale put In two shots of vodka and a dropped lime. You don't twist or squeeze the lime slice it's held 5 inches above the glass and dropped. I don't know if he invented it or not.
Fiddy theres a lot of theme masks made here. The quilted ones are nice. Friend of our daughter makes them with a pocket to slip in a coffee filter for extra measure.
The sun is coming back and its outdoor seed time I just started a flat of my Bangi by Oaxacan Zippolite cross I made last year. My hope is the bangi will pick up that electric racyness of the Oaxacan and still be able to finish at 38. I guess it's called BOZ. I like to label by letters instead numbers it helps pick a phenotype name.
I like to be on a first name basis with all my girls
Stay safe guys this shit is real somewhat surreal.

packerfan79

Veteran
Happy Easter,

My jungle mates, hope everything is going well for you guys. I wanted to give it guys a heads up. Great lakes genetics has some awesome deals right now. I ordered 4 packs for 160. Plus what ever freebies dragboatjeffy hooks up.

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend and a happy Easter if you celebrate that kind of thing. I'm not religious myself but I can appreciate how odd it would be to spend your most holy day away from your church and the other members. I made a lasagna and drank beer all day.

@pop_rocks. I hope your mom and my mother in law can get back to their volunteer work soon.
I have a feeling that there were too many people in close proximity at the parks here that were closed and that was the real reason they are closed. There is probably always a small amount of littering and vandalism from some kids or whatever but I doubt there is enough to close them. The issue is that the more parks they close the more people show up at the ones that are still open and that can cause crowding. The longer this goes on the more restless people are going to get and the less likely they will follow the directives.
I hope you had a good weekend!

@Rodehazrd. I'm glad you are staying busy and active brother! These apps that let you easily video conference, like zoom, are really a great thing and I'm glad they are user friendly. Talking on the phone is nice but it's better to see a face and a smile while talking!
I wouldn't call myself a John Prine fan but I've got much respect for him and his music/message. I know he is very popular amongst a lot of my friends in the jam band scene. I had seen a post from I think his daughter that he was recovering and was out of ICU a couple weeks ago but it must have come back on him. I will have a drink in his honor!
I have started seeing some pretty cool masks here lately too. My wife's mom dropped off a couple on our front porch last week that had that pocket for a coffee filter. She and some of her friends are making them and donating them to nursing homes. Great idea.
I hope you find some great results from your BOZ seeds! That sounds like a great cross!
Stay safe and healthy brother!

@Packerfan. It's been way too long since I got new packs of seeds and I need to jump on and pick a few packs. I've heard bodhi has some nice new crosses out. Just need to find my account info and login!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening boys?!?hope everyone is starting their week off on a good note and all are safe
weve been doing the zoom and face time lately and it is really cool
/this is the future man, we have video phones!
mom is doing great but i let her use a drill the other day and now she has all kind of plants hanging from the outside of the house! im going to go over with some silicone to seal up the holes and i told her she might not want to be poking holes in the side of her house during the rainy season

i think most people have enough sense to keep their distance and be safe during the covid, but you always have those people who ruin it for everyone else
/the first few weeks of quarantine the beaches were packed
its funny because im hearing people who talk about being cut off and cant stand to be inside; we live in a more connected world than ever before and there is alway something to do around the house
/i tihnk some must be really restless and just cant stand to be alone with themself...
hope spring is in the air and you are having a great day brother

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone is well!

@Sunshineinabag. I'm well and I hope you are too! I haven't seen that vid before, not sure how those guys didn't bust out laughing during filming. :)

@Packerfan. That's a great deal! I have to find my login and password or start a new account. It's been way too long since I ordered. I'm suprise that they are open because ive been hearing how tough the Michigan lock down is with a lot fewer exemptions that here for instance.

@pop_rocks. I'm glad your mom is staying busy but drilling holes in the exterior of a house sounds like trouble. In addition to moisture I'd think that it would be a great place for bugs to get in. Maybe you don't have as many bugs where you live but up here they would love to find a way into your house, especially in fall when it starts to get cold. It's good of you to go over and glue them shut with silicone.
I think your right that most people are willing to keep some distance and do some other reasonable things to protect themselves and others from this. On the other hand I can totally understand that others feel that the restrictions are overreaching and violate our rights. I'm probably somewhere between the two and starting to lean tward letting people get back to work and other normal life activities soon. The exception being in the overcrowded spots like New York and some other city's. There are a lot of rural areas that don't have many effected but are still shut down and that could be doing more harm than good. I also think your right about some people not being able to stand being alone with themselves.
I wish spring was in the air but it's like 35 and light snow here. At least it's not rain and shouldn't close the mtn bike trails.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
whats up guys i know some you like throw the discs around. ground scored this at a furthur show years back. at first wasnt sure what it was but noticed it looked like a knitted frisbee. can get some crazy hook throws cause its flimsy. i bust it out after smoke sesh with friends real fun.
picture.php

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
/whats that your titty warmer?*
that thing is rad smooth! it does look like a knit frisbee disk
being soft,it would be safe to toss around the house as long as you arent whippin it too hard and i bet you have a ton of fun flicking it around the room
so are you playing catch with the disk or are you aiming at a target/basket
this has to be one of the best fun active things ive seen so far to do around the house
you know fiddy is into disk golf, right?
man it reminds me of when me and my nephew used to play sport games in the house all the time
/ one of our favorites was a variation of soccer/rugby in the hall way
kick ass brother!

luckily the screws dident go all the way through the house, but it was enough to compromise the stucco so i dont want anything to get into there
/the plants actually look pretty cool hanging from baskets on the side of the house
most of the people we pass on the trails or during our walks are really nice and give you a friendly distance
i see how some people might think this covid thing is a little restrictive but its pretty serious shit for some people and i almost think of them as like those anti vaxers who wont get vaccines
if you arent going to take take precautions for yourself, at least do it for those people who might be more high risk
economically speaking, this is going to be one of the worse times the us has gone through
/maybe the whole world
but hopefully the gov in addition to other good people will step in with some help to those in the most need and we can all pull through this together
sounds like you are getting some wold swings in weather but things were pretty nice here today; hopefully the sunshine is on its way
good talking to you and stay safe

*ahahahhah; you know im just giving you shit brother

Fiddynut

whats up guys i know some you like throw the discs around. ground scored this at a furthur show years back. at first wasnt sure what it was but noticed it looked like a knitted frisbee. can get some crazy hook throws cause its flimsy. i bust it out after smoke sesh with friends real fun.
View Image
Greetings big315smooth.

I've never seen a knitted disc before. I like it! Probably not pdga legal for tournament play but great for throwing around in the lot before a show. Nice brother!

Fiddynut

/whats that your titty warmer?*
that thing is rad smooth! it does look like a knit frisbee disk
being soft,it would be safe to toss around the house as long as you arent whippin it too hard and i bet you have a ton of fun flicking it around the room
so are you playing catch with the disk or are you aiming at a target/basket
this has to be one of the best fun active things ive seen so far to do around the house
you know fiddy is into disk golf, right?
man it reminds me of when me and my nephew used to play sport games in the house all the time
/ one of our favorites was a variation of soccer/rugby in the hall way
kick ass brother!

luckily the screws dident go all the way through the house, but it was enough to compromise the stucco so i dont want anything to get into there
/the plants actually look pretty cool hanging from baskets on the side of the house
most of the people we pass on the trails or during our walks are really nice and give you a friendly distance
i see how some people might think this covid thing is a little restrictive but its pretty serious shit for some people and i almost think of them as like those anti vaxers who wont get vaccines
if you arent going to take take precautions for yourself, at least do it for those people who might be more high risk
economically speaking, this is going to be one of the worse times the us has gone through
/maybe the whole world
but hopefully the gov in addition to other good people will step in with some help to those in the most need and we can all pull through this together
sounds like you are getting some wold swings in weather but things were pretty nice here today; hopefully the sunshine is on its way
good talking to you and stay safe

*ahahahhah; you know im just giving you shit brother

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
We don't see many stucco homes around here but, if memory serves me, most houses in CA are stucco with tile roof. That's good she didn't damage her house and the look is good. Plants are one of those things that really help things look alive and fresh.
I can see why some would think the restrictions are more than a little restrictive though. Many rights are trampled but the biggest right they have taken is people's right to make a living. Literally everyone in the entertainment industry and a large number of the people in the restaurant business and all the supporting businesses. That a lot of folks. The government always has billions for the banks and the airlines but not so much for the guy who opened a bar a few months back and now is shut down. Again this is just my opinion and I'm trying to balance my resistance with the need to try to keep people safe. But is keeping millions out of work even the best way to protect the ones who are at risk? The economic impact is high. I think the economy as a whole will bounce back but we will loose a lot of small restaurants, entertainment venues, bars, health clubs and others I don't even know about.
It cold again here today and was in the low 20's when I woke up this morning. At this rate the lakes might freeze over again LOL.
Take care brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
yeah that disk is rad and looks like a lot of fun
i hear you about the economic impact this is going to have on a lot of people not just here but around the world
you are right that a lot of places are going to go out of business because of the loss of income and thats going to put a lot of people out of work
that could be the storm that blew through here last week, it was really cold with a lot of rain
but it looks like the rain is over for now and today was in the mid-70s with plenty of sun
i even changed into a short sleeve shirt
the mrs said its supposed to get colder the rest of the week but im going ot enjoy the nice weather while i can
im marinating some carne asada beef and we are going to have rice and beans with it tonight
take care brother and stay safe and warm

Fiddynut

yeah that disk is rad and looks like a lot of fun
i hear you about the economic impact this is going to have on a lot of people not just here but around the world
you are right that a lot of places are going to go out of business because of the loss of income and thats going to put a lot of people out of work
that could be the storm that blew through here last week, it was really cold with a lot of rain
but it looks like the rain is over for now and today was in the mid-70s with plenty of sun
i even changed into a short sleeve shirt
the mrs said its supposed to get colder the rest of the week but im going ot enjoy the nice weather while i can
im marinating some carne asada beef and we are going to have rice and beans with it tonight
take care brother and stay safe and warm

There arnt any easy answers but we will get through best we can.
Maybe it's the same system that you guys had last week. After those couple warm days a week ago the temps have nosedived. Night time lows in the 20's and some days where it either didn't or struggled to get to 40. I'm glad your getting some nice weather and it will make it here eventually. I'll be ready even if it takes untill June to warm up!
Oh man, carne asada sounds great! Your making me hungry and I just ate lunch. Keep up the good work brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
what did you have for lunch today? i am eating left overs from last night
its been a wet spring for us but that is good for the canyons
im sure good weather is headed your way
we went for a fun walk today and met a really cool dog in the canyon
we passed another group earlier in the walk, a guy adn his kid but i hear a rustling in the bushes ahead but im not catching signs of people
we slow down and around the corner comes this big old yellow pit bull and at first we are both kind of suprised
/me and the dog
then i say hey puppy and the dog comes to me like im going to give it treats
ive got nothing but me and the mrs introduce ourselves and then move on
now we have a third companion
we come to the owner a little way up the trail and they are this nice older lady wearing a hospital mask
shes really nice and we say our good mornings and finish up out walk
the meat came out grinding and went great with salsa
im making some guac and to go with the rest
you have a great day too my man!

Fiddynut

what did you have for lunch today? i am eating left overs from last night
its been a wet spring for us but that is good for the canyons
im sure good weather is headed your way
we went for a fun walk today and met a really cool dog in the canyon
we passed another group earlier in the walk, a guy adn his kid but i hear a rustling in the bushes ahead but im not catching signs of people
we slow down and around the corner comes this big old yellow pit bull and at first we are both kind of suprised
/me and the dog
then i say hey puppy and the dog comes to me like im going to give it treats
ive got nothing but me and the mrs introduce ourselves and then move on
now we have a third companion
we come to the owner a little way up the trail and they are this nice older lady wearing a hospital mask
shes really nice and we say our good mornings and finish up out walk
the meat came out grinding and went great with salsa
im making some guac and to go with the rest
you have a great day too my man!

My lunch habits changed a coup,e years ago when I started watching what I eat and lost the extra weight. It sounds boring but just about every day (during the work week) I eat the exact same thing, a ham and cheese sandwich and some baby carrots. I do occasionally trade the ham for roast beef but not often and I do change up the type of cheese to keep it interesting. I use to eat all kinds of crappy fast food for lunch and even worse (like gas station burritos). I realized that I was spending a lot of cash to eat food that wasn't any good for me so now I just buy supplies and make my own lunch and I'm much happier. Much less fat too LOL.
I'm glad your carne asada turned out well!
I actually had some leftover steak from a couple days ago and I cut it up and seasoned it for tacos last night for dinner.
That's cool you met a friendly buddy on your walk. I know that exact feeling when you see a dog approaching and both are a little startled. Then when the dog comes trotting up with a smile and you realize you've made a new friend. Comming across a happy dog always makes me smile and makes my day better!
Keep smiling brother!