What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

newbie has a question

InTrInSiC

What does everybody reccommend as a good medical strain, like I said in my introduction, im clueless on where to begin.

G

I heard Matunuska Tundra, G13, and AK47 are really good medical strains for pain. Those things can numb an elephant.

Blatant

DrJay2001

now at peace
It really depends upon your medical condition. Patients with muscle spasm, insomnia, and inflammation are helped most by good Indica's while neuropathic pain and depression may be treated better by Sativa dominant strains. Ultimately, you try different ones and find 2-3 that work for you and rotate them.

Yours,
Dr. jay

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Well i have RA and what i have found that works best for pain so far is White Widow. I'm going to try AK-$& but so far WW is the winner.

G

SOMA's genetics seem to all have great medicinal qualities...my favorite for pain is Buddha's Sister....my favorite one for depression is by far his New York City Diesel...I have heard great things about BOG's lifesaver but haven't personally tried it....good luck....

somewhere to begin . . .

somewhere to begin . . .

If you are clueless on where to begin, start by reading descriptions at websites that sell seeds, like Seeds Direct. Try jotting down the breeder/strain names you are interested in and them coming back to ic mag and use the search engine to find grow reports on what interests you.

I just ordered BOG LSD, Nirvana Papaya, and Nirvana AK48. It took months to decide what I wanted, but I am really happy with my choices. For me, some important things to consider when choosing a strain were: potency, how easy they are to grow, taste, time to flower, and reputation. There were a lot more factors, but those were at the top of my list.

Anyway, here are some links that might be helpful:

https://www.seedsdirect.to/?page=shop/breeders&
http://www.overgrow.com/strainguide/
http://www.marijuana.com/Bible.php?loc=3&id=1

Good Luck!
:abduct: Freeda Green

Hey chief got a question....

Hey chief got a question....

........how bad does the WW smell is it controlable?? I have heard that the ak-47 and ak-48 are good pain releif but impossible to control smell. Thanks for answer if anyone has.

DrJay2001

now at peace
Our White Widow did not have any particular odor problems and was a wonderful medical strain for pain. I prefer WW to AK.

Yours,
Dr. jay

ps: Also love BOG's Lifesaver!

G

I've grown the Widow before, its smell is'nt anything heavy. I had no problems with it. Kick ass strain probably my best smoke ever. My friends call it the DUH! Cuz one hit and......DUH.

Blatant

Thank you guys for the quick smell report. I will keep my ak-48's instead of putting them on seedbay now. I keep the ww too!!! So many seeds, so little time.:D