What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Regular Autoflowers?

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Hey COmmunity,

I'm currently searching for some regular seeds form automatic plants... they should not be "outdated :biggrin:" so since they improved the automatics with yields and all the other factors i wanna try to breed with them :) or try to :)

or would it be better to hit a fem auto with a reg male? :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey COmmunity,

I'm currently searching for some regular seeds form automatic plants... they should not be "outdated :biggrin:" so since they improved the automatics with yields and all the other factors i wanna try to breed with them :) or try to :)

or would it be better to hit a fem auto with a reg male? :)

What do you mean "outdated"? And you are referring to autoflower strains ("automatic plants"), are you not?

There's a lot of subjectivity in grow styles, yield, etc. Some may reap several ounces up to quarter kilo while others, same strain/plant may only garner 3 oz. (often less) because they do not know how to grow the plant or know what the specific strain needs as far as light, nutrients, care.

And super autos are quick maturing photoperiod crosses....anything that takes 100+ days....may not truly be autoflower. Some will argue, I humbly disagree. It has more to do with specific strain characteristics. It goes without saying, sativa dominant ruderalis autos take far longer to finish than their indica dominant counterparts or hybrids.

h3sus

wild guess for the "outdated" statment :D would be those old autoflower plants, with more lowryder genetics than these new ones. Where the lowryder part in genes is just for the autoflowering and faster maturation.

I will try next summer: memphisto genetics and stitch's super autos. Mby some others too if I have time and money for them. Sweet seeds had last summer really potent stuff, so I bet they are improving alot too.

And by the way, the feeding, cold weathers and less sun can make those autoflowers go longer life span, sometimes my plants go here where I live almost 3 months or more ;)

Cameltom

without a doubt autos take much more time out side
If your gunna breed autos know what your looking for in a final product. dont concentrate on to many differentials when you first start. its all about prioritys(1 size 2 flavor 3 potency 4 structure)
You want autos that get HUGE cross BigDevilXL with AutoExtreme (example).
also test progeny as often as you can
i have a friend that grows better autos than photos any day of the year is that advanced enough?
Better(Stronger taste better and yield more)
if your making feminized seed its easier to start with feminized autos.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lowryder is the reason autos exist..

most people haven't even tried lowryder plants...

so mix and mix till the genes are spread...

lowryder is to autos what nevil is to cannabis seeds.. you will always respect lowryder even though most don't want to because it's the right thing to do, he took shit ruderalis and turned it into something, he also produced nice compact plants that don't reach 3+ feet ( something I consider to be of disgust in my book ), he is also the reason for 90% of auto stock out there, recessive gene or not I don't care.. he made autos what they are today, and the man gets no respect what so ever.... horrible

Krull

Soul Feeder
Veteran
Kinda missed recent autoflower stuff, but you can't go wrong with regular seeds from Mdanzing and Stitch (Flash_seeds). Too many people release only auto fems nowadays, so make your own auto seed stash before it's too late...
Also don't ditch old stuff, regular lowryder #2 for example had some really good phenos.

Peace

=K

OakyJoe

Veteran
I bought some of TOP TOA Seeds... They produce Regular Autoflowers, mostly based on some modified Lowryder.... I will let ya know whats possible with them :)

Thanks!

h3sus

Habeeb, I think this thread was to share opinions about autoflowering strains that stand out from the rest, not about who needs the respect and owns rudealis genes. And no one stated that lowryder nro. uno or #2 would suck.

I am really happy that I can grow this erb outdoors, because of rudealis genes.

Some people won't ever have the chance on taking credits for this plant, because you might know that it is still illegal around the world ;)

And someone will just not ever care about the credit, they just like to share to people who they care and love.

Sorry for the offtopic

OakyJoe

Veteran
Just go ahead and share opinions here like we all got :) thats our good right :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lowryder is the reason autos exist..

most people haven't even tried lowryder plants...

so mix and mix till the genes are spread...

lowryder is to autos what nevil is to cannabis seeds.. you will always respect lowryder even though most don't want to because it's the right thing to do, he took shit ruderalis and turned it into something, he also produced nice compact plants that don't reach 3+ feet ( something I consider to be of disgust in my book ), he is also the reason for 90% of auto stock out there, recessive gene or not I don't care.. he made autos what they are today, and the man gets no respect what so ever.... horrible

For sure along with William's Wonder, it's ruderalis genes in most of the autos today. I believe he gets respect and kudos for work performed. Probably not enough, granted.

There are wild ruderalis plants in other parts of the world, the country. Found a small patch in S. Colorado while hiking several years ago....took numerous generations to make it, hybridizing.

However, the autoflower strains can largely be attributed to the low ryder.

waveguide

Veteran
which beans.. with one exception (BBxNL hermed), all the autos i've seen have been brands people don't talk about and have been first rate... MOC and kannabia notably outstanding, but i only had one of each. there are so many cos with autos nowadays, i'd cast a wide and unparticular net, prolly get good results lots of places.

DJbigbud

Mephisto genetics has some regular auto seeds available. You would have to contact Mitch directly to get them. Tell him I sent you....

Good Luck

The English Cut

I haven't grown autos in a while, but if I was thinking about something like this then my first stop would probably be buddha seeds magnum, they claim it's the most potent and productive auto ever. 75 days. Regular seeds recently became available. I haven't tried it myself but i've grown out some of their older strains like white dwarf and red dwarf, they were okay, nothing terrible anyway. I'm just mentioning the magnum because of their claims about yield and size - they say not to grow them indoors in large containers because they get too big, sounds like it might fit the bill! peace, TEC.

Hi Krull i'm near the mediterranean, it's sany here and continental and 30 degrees all summer wanna see the group... i'm 3hours from milan in france. the animals and aut's groups are nice too. couldnt see a join option for the group.