What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dutch passion's led light

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting setup..

not sure on size, or why the put the driver on the side and not on the top?

some bold claims, as I I don't think thee rebels are 3x efficient... but looks nice

cant test it out as no US plug...

shitral

convert in US plug is not a big problem! driver on the side, maybe for reparting heat flow more unifomerly?

dissymetric light source could be helpfull for using it in double or more!

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well I know converter plugs, but this is 220 volt... so no US outlet yet.. I guess the driver must only be setup for 220???? not sure as I don't know the driver as I'm un-aware of the philips LED drivers..

I can contact the company to see about US outlet, but on there site it says they don''t ship to US because of voltage, so I can't even order one yet..

only thing is I have the helio, so nothing really new as I'm running these chips ( minus the WW chips ) but the real question to me is, there from dutch passion? but they have no grow photos?????

shitral

sorry! I was thinking that i the US it was 220 v too!

the item is brand new; 1 month let's say......growing photos will follow!

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
links? way too busy to search around, or post some pics please!!!!! pretty please !!!!!!!

HarvestMoon303

sorry! I was thinking that i the US it was 220 v too!

the item is brand new; 1 month let's say......growing photos will follow!

The US has several choices for power, with 110v AC being "standard" and 220v AC being something for higher current appliances, like a clothing dryer, or a high-wattage light ballast. :)

HarvestMoon303

I haven't really been following the LED game, because here in CO, there is not a grow store that I know of that will sell, promote, or stock any LED equipment. But, this is an LED that is "designed" to replace a 250w HPS, but costs 500 euro?

A 60cm by 60cm footprint is what it claims, and even I would (and do) use a lot more light in a 60x60cm than a 250w HID (I use a 600, or more... for VEG).

Can someone explain what, exactly, they are hoping to gain with this product? It's expensive, it doesn't cover much, the description seems to indicate that it runs pretty hot, and you would need... at least ten of these to get a 4x4 grow out of them, or at least it would seem.

Meanwhile, there are LEC's (also from Phillips?) that would appear to significantly out-perform this for less cost, not to mention the fall-back to a 250 or 400w HID option for much less cost. I would assume that the HID and LEC will also have better canopy penetration and less popcorn/fluff buds.

Has anyone grown anything with them yet?? :chin:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well look around thee led section if your new.. led's are not new to growing, and achieve a 1+ gram peer watt far easier then most do with HPS..

if we want to talk about price point, well first we would talk about the sun, free. second if you wanted we would all get the gavita 750, so there would be one company, everyone would use the same light and that would get stale, no?

what if someone doesn't want a 600? what if someone is a small grower? not all use 400 / 600 or above, a lot of people are small growers..

the price is because it's built in europe , not china.. they use the new cooling product synjet, and uses top bin LED along with a philips driver.. these add up to make an expensive unit, led's are no exception to being expensive so it's not really a surprise the price they are asking.

yes, it's not going to cover mega space, but that's not the aim.. I think the aim is to produce a top of the line LED unit for small growers.. that's about it

of the pics I saw if someone can believe it, someone was getting 2 grows with over 100+ grams.. so I think they were 1.5 grams a watt, with the other grow I think going over that.. that's impressive, small light or not.

all things are not about money, especially with hobbies!! which most people are hobby growers..

what is unrealistic about the space they set? a 2x2 tent is perfect for that light, and whoever is using over 250 in a space is over-nuking their plants.. you use a 600 in a 2x2 tent for veg?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think the prices need to come way way down

I'm in agree with you, but new tech, new shiny box and this is what happens. oh also the phillips driver, along with it being made in Europe boosts up pricing..

I do think this is standard of what will we see to come with more pressure with LED companies, and new chips.. were gonna to see this size and light for say 2x2 tents, small grows, and a little bigger veg areas.. once in about 10 years, we can see boxes that entire size lighting 3x3 trays, with better output then HPS.. it's just all a waiting game, and some of us using LED will get grey hair waiting for some very very killer LED lights to come down the road.. we have some good units, but this is not the end of LED, and there is more to push as it's still a new technology being developed so we have a ways to go still.. I'm sure we can look forward to cobbs with colors and white by top brands like phillis and cree to market the horticulture market once the white game dies down a little... as I said it's all a waiting game

also I think later the LED companies will see a huge boost in sales catering to plant growers, and thus tailoring color chips even more.. right now white is king and thus a lot of $ goes into the competition market right now.. my take is we will see half white , half color panels as white makes a softer color to work under.. maybe even 80% white panels... who knows but that's my opinions..

I love every panel, well near every panel, and look forward to using this one as I run a lot of 2x2 tents, that it's perfect for in my opinion, would like a little more juice, but can't complain as I'm sick of building

az2000

this is an LED that is "designed" to replace a 250w HPS, but costs 500 euro?

You can get it from Grow Northern for 375 euro (incl tax).

This light was some kind of joint effort between DP and GN. GN announced a year ago they were releasing a new light based upon their "rebel" upgrade module. They stopped selling their rebranded chinese imports, expecting to release a new light the following month. It took about 10 months during which time they didn't sell anything. Must've been a rough time.

I'm skeptical of their claim that 75w beats a 250w HPS. Also skeptical of all the diodes ganged up into one corner of the fixture, passing through an absorptive "diffuser" which presumably undoes the effect of ganging all the diodes into one corner of the fixture. If the diodes were spread across the entire fixture, with no absorptive layer, seems like it would be more powerful.

Autoflower.net is the place to learn how they perform. (I haven't been following it, but they have a big following there.).

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, claims are always horrible. but I believe I saw someone on that site getting I think 150 grams ?? if so that's the best of the best, although I don't consider these chips able to hit that mark yet, but..

I got out of some low yielding strains.. from the helio ( same chips, only this panel has WW chips ) , I filled in half the number, but 1.34 grams a watt so with big yielders as I grow small yielding plants, somewhere in the range of 1.60-1.80 is gonna become the norm for LED panels.. but that's sstill not going to be a 250 HPS, as well assume 1 gram a watt, this light cannot tackle that yet..

in agree, want to see the diffuser and what that's all about, as I'm about using what you have,and that doesn't seem like it's doing anything.. anything frosted "colored" doesn't seem to sit well with me

problem we get with panels is no one wants to space out chips.. they want a smaller compact design ,and I think were going to have to get use to it.. they might be thinking HPS style, but LED's work better spaced, plain and simple.. I understand this though, so I just wait for more powerful LED's to compensate lifting the light, but you really lose light levels fast with LED.. where one can get 2,000 PPF 1 inch from plant top with LED, but say 6 inches away that drops to 500 PPF... it's that serious about height with LED

Dion

i think a general rule of thumb is 2 for 1

i mean if the spectrum is good etc i would expect a 70w(actual draw) led to preform on par with a 140w(bulb) of hps
although more and more peeps including myself are moving towards the CW and WW leds so i guess there will be less than 2 for 1 in those cases...
what do you think?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts