What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for Something better and cheaper than Lush Dominator 2X

tharealmclovin

I have replace 1 of my 600w HID's with Lush Dominator 2X. I have 1 HID left to replace. What other options are there? I am actually quite happy with my lush light and want something comparable, if not better. Thanks for any help. I am kinda new to LED's. :D

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a used lush lighting panel... hahaha

well never grown with one so can't offer a replacement, but they look like Chinese panels running cheap LED's. god at least if their gonna run Chinese panels, at least mark them down... that's just ridiculous pricing in my eyes

sounds like you like the light, I say get another one.. but if your asking you must not be fully satisfied.. if it were me I would hang tight for another year or two.. but that's me.. I would offer the helio, but #1 I have not tested it long enough, #2 the power output to me is not justice for bigger setups... I think 2.7x2.7 is gonna be the sweet spot with these, but hey, I've never ran them over a 3x3 table, as that's in storage right now..

if your itching to buy, I would get something on ebay used.. it's always cheaper then buying new.. HGL panels used always come up every now and then and it would be cheaper then buying another lush new..

if your bored, you can build one

tharealmclovin

I am not in any rush. just doing my research. I actually hear Lush is making a new light and I may get that one if nothing else strikes me. It really is a good light, but I have not looked into any other brands yet.

Phychotron

I'm a big fan of Advanced LED (the people who's style light lush knocked off, the Diamond Series) for performance. They recently came out with the XTE lights that come with a lifetime warranty - its modular and easy to repair. The lifetime warranty means they will send you replacement parts for as long as Advanced LED is in business. That means no more cost for lighting, ever. The Diamond Series (what I have) is not modular but a very good light nonetheless. The XTE has the latest and brightest diode running efficiently.

I'm sorry you got sold some lush panels, they're overpriced and have shady marketing. No doubt they'll produce bud but not worth it.

DO NOT BUY ANOTHER NON-Modular light, they are not going to be worth it in a few years when you have to solder on the light board to get the lights up and running. Modular means they send you a panel with diodes on it and you swap it out without having to take the fixture down.

Check the link in the signature for my most recent grow log.

DJXX

Veteran
these are called Big Eyes....800 watt output, runs on 440watts elec...each eye is 100watt...only $549.00 1/3 the price of some others....they kick ass...i have several ...they are on ebay...DJXX
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261323948745?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
forum cookies grown under these lights
picture.php

picture.php

tharealmclovin

Very nice. And a great price. That's around where id like to be, but don't want to regret ditching the hid. Lush has lived up to my expectations, just very pricey.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
At current pricing, QUALITY led panels which are built to last, AND, grow great meds is ~ $3/w

I am on my second grow using Amare Technologies Solar Spec LED Panels

They can be purchased individually to build toward one's ideal LED light system/tent size

Discounts are offered on 2-4 panels, no matter how long it takes you to build out

See how close the others come to this most important spec before you decide

Solarspec150: 1235umol@12", 567umol@24", 396Umol@36"

Phychotron

What would be their equivalent. My lush light was not much more than advanced and its 435 watts.

Lush is using the entire design of the Diamond Series and calling it theirs (claiming that the case Advanced has used since 2011 was stolen from Lush in 2013). THIS NON MODULAR DESIGN is not sustainable. You are wasting your money trying to buy that single-light board style when today's market is all going modular for future repairs. Even the DS from Advanced is not worth it to today's standard.

The new light is the XTE and uses less watts (efficient diodes and drivers use less wattage and run cooler) than the previous model and modular. The price did go up a little for the new model but it also will be under warranty for life, as long as Advanced is in business. It has the name brand diodes, Cree 5w white diodes running at 3.9w (whereas most other '5w' are less than 2.5w) and also using Osram for 3w red's.

I'm still waiting back for Lush to respond to a question someone asked in another thread, about why they claim to benefit certain elements of plants, phycoerythrin and phycocyanin, but the person asking about them said those components are only in types of ALGAE. Basic web searches have left me wanting to hear their response.

Here's a photo of the light from the Lush website, notice how they forgot to tell the guy to put the diodes into a pattern?
picture.php

Lush is still young in the game, but they're charging too much for their lights that are now out of date. I think they're charging a lot more for their lights because they are actively advertising in magazines and at events. They are full of shit in their advertisement material as well, so I don't take them serious one bit. I see them as an overpriced generic reseller at this point. Does lush even own a par meter?

Also was checking in on their lights right now and noticed that they modified their footprint from 4x4 to include 'optimal coverage' 4x3. Most likely because I was giving them a lot of shit in another thread about how its impossible for a long skinny rectangular light to produce a perfectly square even canopy of light. Its still a stretch, Advanced list 2.5x4 and its a bit more accurate in terms of ideal lighting.

The same light:
DS400 is listed for $1000 (I paid $930)
Lush Dom 2x for $1189
Generic from amazon $660 (eShine most likely, probably Lush manufacturer, Advanced dropped them as a supplier because of low quality)

The XTE400 for $1200 looks to smoke that design using only 330w.

My most important point though, is DO NOT BUY ANOTHER NON MODULAR light.

DJXX

Veteran
tha realmclovin;6772339 said:
Very nice. And a great price. That's around where id like to be, but don't want to regret ditching the hid. Lush has lived up to my expectations, just very pricey.
i have packed up my hps and my buddy too....until i saw the price on those Big Eyes i thought the others just cost way too much, especially when you are still in the "i don't know stage"...on this one if i wasted $500, thats way less than some of those prices...Advanced are nice but three times the price..DJXX

regular 300 watt LED..add a nice pink glow to the room
picture.php

200 watt Big Eye LED..and runs on just over 100 watts power...look at the difference, just no comparison...its in the optics and so cool too..you can tough the light lens without burning youself...
picture.php