What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone seen new helio LX601 ???

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys,

wondering if anyone has seen the new heliospectra LX601?

questions were:

-how loud is the fan? I would bet it's an axial fan so it would be quiet.. but not sure

-can you program for say.. to run far red after turning other lights off? like a modified 12 /12 or whatever you run in flower..

costs are very high, but growershop has them pretty cheap, and they run 600 watt which I think is nice. price not so much..

I think the old website introducing it, said they had power up from 50% over the L4A ???

I was hoping one shot would have some info for us? or anyone who has seen one or can tell us more if they've contacted the company.. we do know they "secretly work with growers to obtain feedback" so this should help us as they tested lamps and tweaked before production.

I would hope in the future they will sell an updated plate to change out old LED like every 3 year.. as I'm not sure what LED they are running, but I'm sure the white as not as efficient when they were developing.. a problem to this could be how it's wired up and sizing new chips they all fluctuate, which I think any LED panel has to upgrade-a-bility as you might need new driver or such.. it's impossible to predict that you can upgrade a LED just by changing out the LED's.. it's why I think hydrogrow has not done so yet with cobb or name brand LED.. they might not be able to without changing all drivers.

anyways, let get some info going, as I think they look very nice in the fact of: no DIY / computer controlled / quality parts / no switching lamps / can be used small or larger area..

^ these are what I'm finding to DIY is not so nice.. #1 being look factor.. DIY are ugly. #2 most don't use dimmers. #3 DIY are more built to the actual room, but what if you change plan, you have to change the whole setup or add or subtract. #4 most don't build with a idea of veg or flower ( I am under the impression you can still tweak them to perform better or worse, and two spectra really need to be implemented ). #5 safety of electrical factor when DIY. #6 bitch hanging more then one "unit" making raising all bars worse then one unit, trying to balance them evenly also ( but this can work to advantage if not running clone as plants will vary height unless scrog

the helio is bad because. #1 price. #2 layout, that small a box for 600 watts !!! . #3 kinda not simple to control with the software. #4 who knows what chips and upgrade path looks nil. #5 thing I don't like is cutting out UV bands.. I guess it's a more consumer thing but I guess we trust they tested and it didn't make much a difference to growing pot??. #6 would be they have some testing done which DIY has not been so much compared to people who work is testing spectrum and comparing ( but we could take this to apply to DIY, but considering DIY are turning cobb the color is of no use )

guess I'm hoping someone has a helio vs. gavita run for us in the future.

all I found was some guy growing peppers, but not sure if he changed panel in other room to a higher version, and his helio is not running full power.. so .. but it gives a good glimpse as he's running a 4 foot 7 inch tent, which is pretty massive to such a small panel size, and the plants do look better under the helio, here's the LINK

I'm just wondering as I'm tired of DIY and switching to a more simple setup at the cost of some efficiency looks very appealing.. I want to get more organized and not be running 8 different LED panels, also the thought of upgrading the DIY panels is no fun..

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well I saw that you can set any amount of schedules, so you can do far red at night ( very popular right now with LED users ) and even do a sunrise sunset if your all about that

well sent off a offer for 4x units , we'll see.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well I'm going to keep answering my own questions if ya don't mind.. haha

got some more info:

-fan used is a sunon 120mm fan, 44db when running top, 108 cfm

-the plan is to release LED "plates" so you don't have to buy the whole system again

-using top bin phillips lumileds

-can contact them anytime for schedule advice

couple others to come later, as I'm in line for the US person to talk to, to get more info on canna growing and such, so we'll see ( as I'm licensed in my state so hopefully we can pull some pics or info out )

here's a writeup from Bruce bugbee: "We recently tested a new, small-profile, 600-W LED fixture from Heliospectra in Sweden (model LX601G). Our measurement using flat plane integration indicate that this fixture has an efficiency of 1.7 micromoles per joule, which is equal to the best LED and DE-HPS fixtures we tested. This fixture had a relatively broad distribution of photons compared to other LED fixtures we tested. The current retail price in US dollars is $2285."

well I'm sold, I'm going for them, I'm saying good bye to DIY as it's been a pain in my ass, as updatability is something I don't want to tackle.. now what to do with all these panels and DIY panels!

ive seen the helios but have only seen oneshot run it, i like it but its kinda pricey imo even with it being on sale atm. i want one but dont know.

pet, u gotta stop advertising that light everywhere your own threads are fine but derailing threads for advertising isnt cool especially when you dont even comment on what the thread it about, lets be a little respectful of others.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just letting everyone know, US distributor has the price lowered right now, it will change on Monday, so if you want a discount order now.. because it will switch back to the 2,200 price.. also the sale price right now is a good deal given agreements with helio, so not to infringe on what I was told, this special price for I think black friday is as good as it's going to get, so it's going to jump back up hundreds soon

just throwing that out there that it looks like these units will be priced high for a while.. I mean if we look at hydro grow look at there pricing for the 500 watt model.. these are a good deal then given there top led and the software in them is top of the top right now.. very clean layout given it's designed in Sweden and not made by some stoners... ok well we don't know if the CEO is a stoner but...

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got this info today.. hopefully more to come to those interested:

"We have the hardware in the unit for Wifi and are waiting for an update from the manufacturer. It's in the works."

remember folks, Monday sale ends and price goes back up to $2,285.. so get one now if you want in for $435 cheaper!!!

hopefully get more info from the "us guys soon"

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so more info for anyone who is reading..

their software is amazing, as you can control it with a windows computer.. or with a phone or android tablet, as the connection is made web browser.. so for example I have a barnes and noble nook, so I was thinking I needed to get a windows tablet.. nope, all you need is a web browser and you type in the IP address for lamp and the software to change and do light schedules can be accessed then.. pretty neat as you can now bring with you the controller to change the lamp if you like ( I'm not into technology as I use to be, but this is damn great ) .. so say you just cleared a room or put in bonsai plants, you can lower light intensity very easy and to spectrum you like.. something I could have never done with my panels.

the possibilities are amazing, and will open up adjusting spectrum / times for plants a bit, given the far red in it, and other red and blue.. this is very valuable for someone who runs a room of same clone.. you can adjust color and intensity for the whole grow and just repeat it at will

I have been for a while been thinking we might be skipping something going to whites, but this fills in my want again for single color lights, and has white in it if I want that color also..

their WIFI unit in the lamp should be working first quarter 2015.

well mine should be coming Friday, any other news I'll let you know... thing I'm curious about is people saying you can grow a plant with pure blue in veg.. I guess I'll find out soon

i can already tell you its 100% possible to grow under blue only for veg, already done that with my lumi does fine.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ thanks for the info..

male / female ratio influenced either way?

was growth just as fast? slower? faster?

kinda odd when you think about it yeah? plant growing under a monochromatic color when it's suppose to be "setup" to use all color.. just odd to me, wonder if like the plant can r-arrange or say convert " who knows what's going on in there" to grow the plan"t.. because I don't think pure blue will give near any results in flower as I once flowered with some 6,500k led... it wasn't good.

how you like the new lumi? the old one was horribly loud, also I don't believe we've ever seen a new lumi grow here?

never grown a male so idk on that, previously everything ive tried has been well proven cuts.

with blue light growth was on par as normal. i do dial them down on veg so im only consuming as little as i need, as long as my internode spacing is tight i dont care. i havent dont a all blue for flower would be interesting to see how it does but i dont have the time atm for that.

there are two sets of the lumi pros i have the older one an a friend has the newer one specs were the same just looks like a new housing, idk if anything was changed or updated though. the noise is not super loud but its noticeable(my ducting is louder) fwiw @ 50%. if it was silent id be delighted as i wouldnt mine a tent next to my bed. i really want to see what this rocket plasma can do in flower its done very well so far, and it has no noise. i really want to see the new 470w version as the 230 is = to a 600w mh but there is no price on it yet.

i need to get my girls back in shape first then i might have to do a journal w it after i change some stuff up. tried some clones from a shop that had some eggs so working on getting these mites outta here before anything else happens. i almost got one of those helios but $ is tight atm, till then ill be watching yours.

uho667

hi boys im using at the moment heliospectra 601 in my grow tent , i have 15 days veg here are some pic , i have no more space on icmag gallery so i will pass some pic from my friend gallery

uho667

if you know how i can get more space for pic just let me know , and if you want see grow log just tell me where to start thread

take care

uho

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ hey buddy!

I picked up a couple myself.. looks like we can chat back and forth on these, as there is some experimenting to do with spectrum

your in Europe right.. I've seen that controller with someone in Spain I would like to say???

so can I ask,

-what ratio of color are you using right now?
-did you get a recipe from heliospectra?

interested to get some feedback from someone else running one

uho667

hi

this controller is polish brand http://www.suzan.pl/eng/ yo can see more spec from web

ration for first two weeks was

red 30%
blue 30%
white 40%

from yesterday i have set up this same ratio but on 60% of power excluding high red

i did not ask for any recipe from heliospectra, have you get any from them ?

some times ago i had chat with oneshot about spectrum for heli

and he told me that
"
For flower I have everything at 1000 intensity and then for the last 10 minutes of lights on, I turn everything off EXCEPT the 2 far red spectrums. This promotes bud development"

what type spectrum you have set up for veg ?

what distance you keep between heli and top of the plants? , i was try first to keep 35-40 cm but internode was to close between another around 0,4-0,5 cm at this stage from 3 days i lift lamp 55 cm from top and today i measure today and new internode was around 1,5 cm - 2cm so is little better

how long you grow under led , this is my 3rd time under leds , still learning , but every grow is better
have you notice any change in humidity in grow room using heli?
last my grow was on panels stb 4 x 70 watt still have them in box, and plantphotonic 310 watt sold out, but better yield then stb,

any way

from veg to late flo i had to fight with high humi , usually i had 75-80 % so i had to use dehumidifier , all the time was run around 200 watt per /h , now when i only bought heli humi is so small 40%,so i have to using humidifier on veg

Last edited:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool controller.. like it. thanks for the link to it.

I have not got a schedule from Helio yet, but they are suppose to send me one, with a sunrise and sunset schedule I believe ???

with chat with oneshot, was it testing this new helio ( LX601 ) or the L4A? I am under the belief, that is way too much blue for flower, it comes in at 70 watts full power.. and with the blue in the whites.. I'm not sure, but that seems way too much blue power for flower.. I think 1 ( blue ) to 5 (red) or 1 to 4 ratio would seem best, but I'm no scientist.....

someone was mentioning how the old evo led panel had a very very high blue color white chip ( like 7,000k or something ) and the panels did very well...

I have never heard having the 660 on at end of flower cycle.. I just put on the far red ( 730 nm ) on last before "bed time" for 15 minutes alone.

I've been growing with LED for some time now.. 4 years maybe ???

humidity, not sure, as I really don't look at my humidity meter, I go by feel in the room ( I am not running a sealed room... )

so for spectrum's:

veg, I have at: actually deleted this last week, and didn't save formula.. I think it was blue 100 / red 80 / far red 10 / white 250

2 weeks flower: blue 90 / red 200 / far red 16 / white 310 ( 150 watts )

flower: blue 25 / red 340 / far red 16 / white 320 ( 168 watts )

clone / bonsai .. : blue 20 / red 40 / far red 3 / white 40 (48 watts )

these are all for a 61cm x 61 cm tent ( 2x2 foot tent ).. what size is your tent you have?

distance for my tent is set right now at .. not sure.. I have some distance info, looks for a 2x2 tent, 14 inches was the sweet spot for "even canopy lighting" . I would definitely invest in some meter of any sorts to find the best spot, as the problem with LED is the light drops quickly.. I'm not sure with bigger sizes yet as my other bigger tents are in storage right now..

interesting info on the humidity, thanks

well, lets chat more on these, as I think there is a lot to learn with some things:

-optimal height for size
-spectrum for veg
-spectrum for flower
-far red and intensity and time duration

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey brother,

new update for the lights ( if it applies to yours ), and new assistant HERE ( bottom of page )

uho667

hi there

thx for link i did few days ago update, but i did not notice any change

oneshot has this same light what i have and you,

my grow tent has size 1,2 x 2,4, qube tent

but for helen, i using only half box so 1,44 m2

im really happy how is this panel works

at the moment my ratio

height is still 55 cm ,

is

red 60%
blue 60%