What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know your'e old when....

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
I love my vinyl.

Polyester and nylon not too shabby...keep peace

417442156_2961f702e9.jpg

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
you get winded putting on your socks

at least once a day, you trip, fall and end up with a cane up your ass

you're waiting for the after-Christmas hairpiece sales

you park your RV overnight at Wal-Mart

you go to the beach with a metal detector

you have to be told something is on your chin

you have backed over your own mailbox

you're still complaining about the designated hitter

you pick up your TV remote when the phone rings

:D

sso

Veteran
i think vinyl sounds better, because its music from your youth.

and when you listen to vinyl, the scratches remind you of your childhood and teen years.
(oh i spent much of my youth and teen years, listening to vinyl.)

but if you opened a mp3 with a new song and it had that scratchy buzzy fuzz vinyl has, you´d go , "what the heck is wrong with my computer."

(assuming you had never heard vinyl before.)

another reason why vinyl "sounds" better, is that for the last 20 years people have been competing in getting the Loudest records out.

losing all dynamics to the sound.

and

people listen to mp3´s and often 128k mp3´s , which have actually Worse sound than vinyls. so its understandable why some people miss the vinyl.

but if you have been dabbling with making music and such and heard some of whats really available.

if you listen to something recorded at 32bit or higher, with 48khz and above. (cd´s are 16bit 44khz.)
and uncompressed. (32bit 48khz , 6 minute file is 250mb or so.)

you wont regret the vinyl. (the clarity of the sound is such, much deeper and higher frequencies than vinyl or cd are capable of.)

such quality recordings will soon become the norm. (well, 10 years or so.)

but to be clear, i favor vinyl over cd´s.

but some of the stuff ive heard the last few years (And made.) well, i dont regret the vinyl anymore.

G

greenmatter

when.......... like the word like ,when it's like used like way to often makes you like wanna like chokes the person down, because you like hate like wasting like time listening to someone who is like fuckin' stupid enough to like use one word like over and over and fuckin over again ......... it's like irritating

or

when silly shit makes you grumpy

S

Sat X RB

when.......... like the word like ,when it's like used like way to often makes you like wanna like chokes the person down, because you like hate like wasting like time listening to someone who is like fuckin' stupid enough to like use one word like over and over and fuckin over again ......... it's like irritating

or

when silly shit makes you grumpy

Yep!

Time is running out and there's nothing we can do about it!

(but it's always been this way for us and everyone else ... it's just that we notice it more nowadays. Sigh ...)

NOT DEAD YET BUT!!!

Easygrowing

Veteran
Then you telling to others hey dude i had just got something smart on my car-ABS brakes.

Or then a 25 years Woman says-nope you could be my dad-had heared those-and that hurts-please-show some feelings . )

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
U know U'r old when U
~ The twinkle in your eye is only the reflection of the sun on your bifocals.

~ You begin every other sentence with, "Nowadays..."

~ You have more patience, but it is actually that you just don't care anymore.