What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana-laced cookies sicken 3 children in Huntington Beach

bigbrokush

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...es-sicken-3-children-in-huntington-beach.html

Marijuana-laced cookies sicken 3 children in Huntington Beach
October 22, 2010 | 8:31 am

Huntington Beach police were investigating Friday the case of three children treated for vomiting and dizziness after eating cookies containing marijuana.

Officers were called to Huntington Beach Hospital, where an 11-year-old boy was vomiting and dizzy. Shortly afterward, two other children with the same symptoms arrived at the hospital with their parents.

Police said the parent of one of the children accepted cookies as a present from a neighbor, Jason Davis, 40, earlier that day. The parent was unaware the cookies contained marijuana and put them aside.

Later that afternoon, the boy and his friends found the cookies and ate them, then went to the park to play. They began feeling nauseous, dizzy and lethargic and returned to their homes, police said.

When he heard the children had consumed the cookies, Davis called police and went to the hospital.

Police said Davis was aware the cookies contained marijuana. He does not have a medical marijuana card. No arrests have been made, police said, but an investigation was continuing.

vegtable

vomiting and dizzy? as sluring speach and you have all the effects of underage drinking, which kills directly and indirectly

weed saves lives.

statusquo

Didn't see this coming from a mile away....lol. Since the people who are against 19 solely on the basis of being anti-drug have no arguments, they must resort to other tactics. They have to do something to try and equalize the huge discrepancy in regards to the money spent on the no (a couple million) vs the yes (many more millions) campaign. Expect more sensationalist stories linking pot to "bad" things like this or car accidents, robbery, violence etc.

Preacher

The last time I complained about vomiting and being dizzy my parents told me it was my own damn fault for eating too much Halloween candy and sent my ass to bed. Why is this a sufficient enough basis to go to the ER?

IKILL3RI

Didn't see this coming from a mile away....lol. Since the people who are against 19 solely on the basis of being anti-drug have no arguments, they must resort to other tactics. They have to do something to try and equalize the huge discrepancy in regards to the money spent on the no (a couple million) vs the yes (many more millions) campaign. Expect more sensationalist stories linking pot to "bad" things like this or car accidents, robbery, violence etc.

I agree with you all the way, all of the sudden November is approaching and there trying hard to influence the people to vote No. Lol

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Just as well they didnt find a bottle of vodka and think it was water.