What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New 24 Bucket RDWC Setup

L

LRG

Running (2) 12 bucket RDWC systems offset by 4-5 wks. Planning to harvest every month or so. Each 12 bucket system is ran by a 2400gph Mag Drive Pump. Each reservoir is 55 gal but filled with approx 20 gal to achieve the 1ft drop. Lots of O2. The mothers consist of DJ Short's Original Blueberry as well as Big Bud. Stay tuned!!!

L

LRG

Dr. Buddington - I'm not quite sure how the BB will yield but the Big Bud looks like like it will yield pretty well. It seems like the Blueberry just doesn't want to fatten up. This is my first test run so I'm kind of anxious to see how they will yield. Just moved the clones into the system yesterday starting wk 1 of flower.. I will say that the blueberry looks like its going to be some awesome smoke! Packed with trichomes

Greenwithenvy - I got the 8" net pot lids @ my local hydro store. They were $5 per lid

IamNug

looking nice lrg! I really like all the thought that has gone into your grow (probably money also).

Anyways I did want to point something I noticed and see what you think. The clear line coming from the tap to the float, is the clear line rated to hold that much water pressure. I mention this because one time I was using a clear line, about 5/8" dia. under pressure as a hose, well it exploded and luckily I was right there to turn it off immediately and soak up the water. There was still a bunch of water just from that instant burst.

SO hope you don't take that the wrong way, just curious and though I would point it out to you so you can make sure it's going to hold up for your grow.

Also very interested to hear how this works out with the high volume of flow you have, looks like it's moving some serious water. I'm personally running a system that kinda does the opposite and recirculates very slowly. There could be trade offs depending on flow rate and I look forward to hearing your experience with what looks like a very high water flow rate.

Thanks for sharing!

L

LRG

iamnug - Thanks for the heads-up iamnug. That's something I will probably change in the near future when the plants start flourishing. I always say "prevention is better than a cure." As far as the high H20 flow...I'm a newbe at this so I'm not really sure how the 2400 gph will do. I was just trying to get as much O2 to my ladies as possible. Crossing my fingers! The room still needs a lot of work but I wanted to get it up and running. Time is money.

alamony2005

I was going to point out that you should use a hose clamp on all connections that are the slip-on type but after looking a little closer I see you have that taken care of already.

276gph pump line came off in my room and flooded the entire area with 70+gallons in just a few short minuets... lol. My girlfriend just pointed out to me that I should admit to two entire floods. hahahaha

I cant wait to see the progress.

Balazar

Happy 420! I like your setup. Check out some of the setups I have done. I have a few albums you might want to look at. You did a great job. Looks like you have all of your bases covered for this Bio-Bucket setup.

Casper313

I like the set up! I am a 1st time grower and I am in the planning stages and since the State of Michigan allows me to posses 12 plants I want to do a system similar to yours. Thanks for sharing!

L

LRG

switched out the clear tubing used for the float valve to something that can withstand a little more psi

IKILL3RI

:wave:Setup is looks clean LRG, keep up the good work, I'm loving how those bio buckets work, been think of doing the Bio buckets lately, but I want to get more knowledgeable with soil first and then Coco, then Hydro :D Keep us updated, thanks for sharing too. :smoke:

IamNug

right on lrg, glad to know you switched that water line. I think I see the clear line with braiding reinforcements inside. That's more like a garden hose which are made to hold pressurized water without bursting. Excellent. Looks like you're getting a second system setup next to the first, interesting!

kp^

LRG Nice BB setup!! Those XXXL are awesome, I have 3 of em :) I'm so jealous of your strains! I lost my chance to get a DJ shorts BB mum a few yrs back...

Question about your supply to each bucket... Curious why you dont have it pointing down into the bucket with an elbow... I know if I did that with my pump it would be splashing everywhere... Have a pic with the water flowing, but no net pot in the bucket? Just curious thats all :) :joint:

Take it easy and have fun growing!! :plant grow::plant grow:

L

LRG

IAmNug - Yeah I'm setting up the second system right next to the first. This room is strictly for flowering...well that's the plan for now. I've just been vegging the ladies in my cloning system for a couple weeks then straight to flowering. I'm trying to get a fast turnover. Just going to do some experimenting to see which yields the most:)

L

LRG

KP^ - Yeah I was concerned about how the water would flow without the elbow too but it actually flows pretty smooth without the elbow. There isn't much splashing at all but I'm also running a 1" feed line and branching off to a 3/4" line so that might help decrease H2O pressure. I'll get a pic without the net pot. So far I'm lovin these bio-buckets. The ladies are really starting to take off!

CASTLE212

That's a nice setup you have there. Can't wait to see how the bio buckets perform. Also, what strain are you going to run? Good luck bro, everything looks pretty tight.