What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best coco Nutrient? Advanced, Canna, OR H&G

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
tbh every one who has a advanced nutrients vendetta is really sad. they all hate the hype and marketing but you hypocrites are the same people who use lumatek, or hortilux or canna or whatever, they all the same, a money making business.

and as for the cost well, sensi a and b is £15 a litre same as most other nutes. and in fact ive noticed h and g etc are often more expensive.
ive never read and ads for nute companies so i dont care about ads i judge the nutrients on their performance and i rate AN really highly. ive not seen many reasons why i would want to switch as they are dirt cheap and do the job. ive found canna better for veg, but still needs additives. house and garden are good, botanicare are good but hard to get in the uk. they all have ups and downs. but i knew as i clicked on this thread that AN would get slashed. fucking pathetic.

cheeched

I for one don't have a "vendetta" against AN, or any other nute CO..
I'll say this however, plants can't read labels..They don't care how expensive or cheap they are..It's the ratios stupid, ions are ions..No offense, to anyone..
To each their own..
m2cents, worth about as much as anyone else's..

G-day

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I for one don't have a "vendetta" against AN, or any other nute CO..
I'll say this however, plants can't read labels..They don't care how expensive or cheap they are..It's the ratios stupid, ions are ions..No offense, to anyone..
To each their own..
m2cents, worth about as much as anyone else's..

G-day

the proof is in the pudding my friend, i wont change unless its broken, its good for us all to have faith in what we use. but dont dis before you try..

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I've taken three years to dial my H&G system, and I'm happy with it. I occasionally tweak something, but it's only one thing at a time.

I use almost the complete line, but I use Canna's PK-13/14 instead of Top Booster. I also use Kool Bloom instead of Shooting Powder. I don't use their Magic Green or Amino Aide.

In veg. I only use H&G Coco A+B, and Roots XL(which is expensive). I'm very happy with my veg. I don't feel the need to add Cal/Mag since there seems to be enough in my base nutrients. Occasionally I'll add Pro-Tek Silicate.

There's so much going on in my room, that it's hard to really dial it in. It's not a sealed room, but it is DTW. So the nutrients are on point every feeding. I just try and maintain things as much as possible when the plants seem happy. Over a long time, in the same rooms. It's been possible to really get a feel for the space. The biggest factor for success for me now is genetics. If the cut is good, then the room will look great. That's assuming I spend the time that is necessary in my room.

One day. I'll have a new room from scratch. I'm sure it will be an improvement on my current space. I imagine that after a few cycles in that room, there will be factors that were not considered. As long as they're not the same issues I had with this space. I'll be okay with that. I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't tweak some aspect of their grow at some point.

As long as you like the quality of your harvest. Enjoy it. The great part is you can put another round in, and give it another try. :)

Y

YosemiteSam

I would like to point something out from a design of experiment perspective. First take a look at Mulder's chart and notice all of the interactions.

Even if you personally only change one thing it is going to ultimately effect every single thing on that chart that it interacts with...and then the affected ion will effect every ion it interacts with.

No such thing as one variable at a time in a system like this.

edit...imo the best coco nute is the one that gives you a base cation saturation % for Ca of 65-70%. Your local university extension will run the test for you for about $25. It don't matter whose name is on the bottle if it does that.

Last edited:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
i like canna i use it exclusively in veg where i find an is not as good. but then ive only tried the organic AN nutes in veg (mother earth 1 part)
i like canna ive thought of switching to their flowering range to see what they were like but i just find it hard to switch from what i know and have decent expectations from.

dyna grow seem slightly pushy in their marketing. i dont think they are all that tbh. i had a rep sending me msgs on you tube trying to get me to try it but not really interested.

anyone heard of/or tried soul synthetics? ive heard good stuff about them..

cheeched

the proof is in the pudding my friend, i wont change unless its broken, its good for us all to have faith in what we use. but dont dis before you try..

Can you please point out what section in my post I dissed, any particular product..
If you can't grasp the concept/fact that ions are ions, then you're dumber than a bag of hammers..

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Can you please point out what section in my post I dissed, any particular product..
If you can't grasp the concept/fact that ions are ions, then you're dumber than a bag of hammers..

my posts was never directed at you you silly little man.

me dumb?? you dont even know what an ion is you idiot. sorry but ive got qualifications in chemistry and biology so kiss my ass

cheeched

my posts was never directed at you you silly little man.
Sure they were. You thought I'd be an easy target..Wrong!.

me dumb?? you dont even know what an ion is you idiot. sorry but ive got qualifications in chemistry and biology so kiss my ass

Sure I know what an Ion is..And I definitely know that to the plant(s), it matters not one bit what form(organic or synthetic) they're furnished and especially what nute brands you choose to use, silly!..
Its the ratios silly, and even a simple little man like myself knows that..See and I don't even claim qualifications(s) of any kind..
FWIW, I should have chosen my words more carefully, but it is what it is..
Ciao..:huggg:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Sure I know what an Ion is..And I definitely know that to the plant(s), it matters not one bit what form(organic or synthetic) they're furnished and especially what nute brands you choose to use, silly!..
Its the ratios silly, and even a simple little man like myself knows that..See and I don't even claim qualifications(s) of any kind..
FWIW, I should have chosen my words more carefully, but it is what it is..
Ciao..:huggg:

im not claiming im just laying down facts. i dont remember ever saying that organic or synthetic was any different to a plant.

yes i agree it is the ratios. never disputed that either. as for brand? well this industry isnt really that well regulated i mean if the N ratio stated on the bottle wasnt right, or whatever you most likely would never know.
and im pretty sure they dont have to include every ingredient either. so yeah its not just the ratios that are important, some brands do offer a better quality.
anyway im nothere to argue, ive made my point:)

Y

YosemiteSam

im not claiming im just laying down facts. i dont remember ever saying that organic or synthetic was any different to a plant.

yes i agree it is the ratios. never disputed that either. as for brand? well this industry isnt really that well regulated i mean if the N ratio stated on the bottle wasnt right, or whatever you most likely would never know.
and im pretty sure they dont have to include every ingredient either. so yeah its not just the ratios that are important, some brands do offer a better quality.
anyway im nothere to argue, ive made my point:)

You would know if you happen to be in Oregon...they do the tests and post the results...you might find them enlightening

jonezin

I like Canna. I've tried Hesi but I will stick with Canna. I use General Organcs CaMg+ along with them and have great results. I use Botanicare cocogro coco bricks.

padawan

I've taken three years to dial my H&G system, and I'm happy with it. I occasionally tweak something, but it's only one thing at a time.

I use almost the complete line, but I use Canna's PK-13/14 instead of Top Booster. I also use Kool Bloom instead of Shooting Powder. I don't use their Magic Green or Amino Aide.

In veg. I only use H&G Coco A+B, and Roots XL(which is expensive). I'm very happy with my veg. I don't feel the need to add Cal/Mag since there seems to be enough in my base nutrients. Occasionally I'll add Pro-Tek Silicate.

There's so much going on in my room, that it's hard to really dial it in. It's not a sealed room, but it is DTW. So the nutrients are on point every feeding. I just try and maintain things as much as possible when the plants seem happy. Over a long time, in the same rooms. It's been possible to really get a feel for the space. The biggest factor for success for me now is genetics. If the cut is good, then the room will look great. That's assuming I spend the time that is necessary in my room.

One day. I'll have a new room from scratch. I'm sure it will be an improvement on my current space. I imagine that after a few cycles in that room, there will be factors that were not considered. As long as they're not the same issues I had with this space. I'll be okay with that. I don't think I've ever met anyone who didn't tweak some aspect of their grow at some point.

As long as you like the quality of your harvest. Enjoy it. The great part is you can put another round in, and give it another try. :)

This is a great post. :tiphat:

61-50-7

I use:

Canna Coco A/B
Canna PK
H&G Drip Clean
H&G Shooting Powder two weeks at the end
Molasses
Concentrated Humic Acid

I feel like the Canna base nutes have AN and H&G beat in quality. Love shooting powder though, aside from the price considering it's two raw cheap chems.

Bud XL did me no favors. Saw zero difference with Canna Boost.

Seeing 1.5-1.8 a light with mostly 70-80 day hybrids.

Latest posts

Latest posts