What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coco/Perlite top drip run to waste House and Garden Van De Zwaan nutrients

Hey there Pico. How come you gave up on the Lucas formula? I thought it is the easy formula to work with? I am thinking using it on 5o% coco 50% perlite.

Work2much

I think he stated that he just had better results using H&G then Lucas. Enough to justify the cost increase and increase in complexity in his opinion.

p1ninja

Brain- We will see about massive :). The buds are much bigger than using floranova with the same coco and strain. Hard to guess my yield because of early harvest again and losing some plants due to drippers and falling over. But the bud is great quality and if i can get all of the plants looking like the best of them on this table then it truely will be a massive harvest.

clowntown- My tabbby plants growing with floranova had the same problem with falling over. Do you happen to know the NPK values for H&G compared to Canna? I know that all the plants I have used H&G on are very healthy, never tried canna.

I also wonder if the bulb problem was from weak intensity or bad spectrum. I really have no idea. Then you could also wonder if it was because those buds got bigger and weighed the plant down more. But I don't think that was the case.

This is only the second time I have flowered out the tabby. Last run I had to harvest around 6 weeks because of powdery mildew in the room. That was fixed by the Santa Fe 100 pint dehumidifier I now have. I am looking at the bud now from that run and I don't see any bananas. The bud is very good. Gets you pretty stoned, has lots of crystals, smells good. People really like it. It flowers out very fast which is a plus for some things. We will see about yield. I think it will be worth it as long as the bananas don't start pollenating other things in my garden.

Thanks for the kind words man. I am learning right along side everyone and just documenting my journey.

That's awesome pico! Can I ask what your sign reads?

:joint:

halitzor

Brain- We will see about massive :). The buds are much bigger than using floranova with the same coco and strain. Hard to guess my yield because of early harvest again and losing some plants due to drippers and falling over. But the bud is great quality and if i can get all of the plants looking like the best of them on this table then it truely will be a massive harvest.

clowntown- My tabbby plants growing with floranova had the same problem with falling over. Do you happen to know the NPK values for H&G compared to Canna? I know that all the plants I have used H&G on are very healthy, never tried canna.

I also wonder if the bulb problem was from weak intensity or bad spectrum. I really have no idea. Then you could also wonder if it was because those buds got bigger and weighed the plant down more. But I don't think that was the case.

This is only the second time I have flowered out the tabby. Last run I had to harvest around 6 weeks because of powdery mildew in the room. That was fixed by the Santa Fe 100 pint dehumidifier I now have. I am looking at the bud now from that run and I don't see any bananas. The bud is very good. Gets you pretty stoned, has lots of crystals, smells good. People really like it. It flowers out very fast which is a plus for some things. We will see about yield. I think it will be worth it as long as the bananas don't start pollenating other things in my garden.

Thanks for the kind words man. I am learning right along side everyone and just documenting my journey.

The reason those plants are falling over so easily is because floranova lacks silica to strengthen the cell walls. Add some silica and you'll see that fixed.

I've found with floranova that you need diamond nectar (fulvic acid) OR a great microbial environment to get optimum nutrient uptake. I use diamond nectar and no microbes since I use 1/3 full containers of perlite as medium.

Some silica / calmag+ / diamond nectar / liquid koolbloom are good things to use with floranova.