Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Breeding in the same facility with sensimilla production?

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Breeding in the same facility with sensimilla production? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2018, 04:44 PM #11
ahortator

ahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of lightahortator is a glorious beacon of light
This one is translated from a Spanish forum:
Quote:
Well, I have to give you the thanks in our name to all the contributions you are making in "reproductive technology", pollen handling, liquid fertilization ... they are opening doors to the breeding fans!

Tell you that a companion has already used this autumn in outdoor liquid fertilization
as he says with "120% success"
Water and pollen, sprayed. This is how he has obtained the seed harvest that he had to produce.
It reports a practically zero level of contamination in the neighboring plants, with the precaution of using a piece of cloth as a "wall" of separation while it was sprayed.

I regret not having graphic material of the subject, but as it is a technique that we are beginning to use
We will leave a record in your thread as soon as you have images to accompany the text.
And this one is from "Cananbis growing guide. The joys of an herb garden at home v.3" by Toon
Quote:
BREEDING
It is possible to breed and select cuttings from plants that grow, flower, and mature
faster. Some plants will naturally be better than others in this regard,
and it is easy to select not
only the most potent plants to clone or breed, but the fastest growing/flowering plants as well.
Find your fastest growth plant, and breed it with your "best high" male for fast flowering,
potent strains. Clone your fastest
, best high plant for the quickest monocrop garden possible.
Over time, it will save you a lot of waiting around for your plants to mature.
When a male is starting to flower (2
-
4 weeks before the females) it should be removed
from the females so it do
es not pollinate them. It is taken to a separate area. Any place that gets
just a few hours of light per day will be adequate, including close to a window in a separate
room in the house. Put newspaper or glass under it to catch the pollen as the flower
s drop it.
Keep a male alive indefinitely by bending it's top severely and putting it in mild shock
that delays it's maturity. Or take the tops as they mature and put the branches in water, over a
piece of plate glass. Shake the branches every morning
to release pollen onto the glass and then
scrap it with a razor blade to collect it. A male pruned in this fashion stays alive indefinitely and
will continue to produce flowers if it gets suitable dark periods. This is much better than putting
pollen i
n the freezer! Fresh pollen is always best.

Save pollen in an air tight bag in the freezer. It will be good for about a month. It may be
several more weeks before the females are ready to pollinate. Put a paper towel in the bag with it
to act as a des
cant.
A plant is ready to pollinate 2 weeks after the clusters of female flowers first appear. If
you pollinate too early, it may not work. Wait until the female flowers are well established, but
still all while hairs are showing.
Turn off all fans.
Use a paper bag to pollinate a branch of a female plant. Use different
pollen from two males on separate branches. Wrap the bag around the branch and seal it at the
opening to the branch. Shake the branch vigorously. Wet the paper bag after a few minute
s with
a sprayer and then carefully remove it. Large plastic zip
-
lock bags also. Slip the bag over the
male branch and shake the pollen loose. Carefully remove the bad and zip it up. It should be
very dusty with pollen. To pollinate, place it over a si
ngle branch of the female, zipping it up
sideways around the stem so no pollen leaks out. Shake the bag and the stem at the same time.
Allow to settle for an hour or two and shake it again. Remove it a few hours later. Your branch
is now well pollinated
and should show signs of visible seed production in 2 weeks, with ripe
seeds splitting the calyxes by 3
-
6 weeks. One pollinated branch can create hundreds of seeds, so
it should not be necessary to pollinate more than one or two branches in many cases.
When crossing two different varieties, a third variety of plant will be created. If you
know what characteristics your looking for in a new strain, you will need several plants to
choose from in order to have the best chance of finding all the qualities
desired. Sometimes, if
the two plants bred had dominant genes for certain characteristics, it will be impossible to get the
plant you want from one single cross. In this case, it is necessary to interbreed two plants from
the same batch of resultant seeds
from the initial cross. In this fashion, recessive genes will
become available, and the plant character you desire may only be possible in this manner.
Usually, it is desirable only to cross two strains that are very different. In this manner,
one usuall
y arrives at what is referred to as "hybrid vigour". In other words, often the best strains
are created by taking two very different strains and mating them. Less robust plants may be the
result of interbreeding, since it opens up recessive gene traits th
at may lead to reduced potency.
Hybrid offspring will all be very different from each other. Each plant grown from the
same batch of seeds collected from the same plant, will be different. It is then necessary to try
each plant separately and decide it's
individual merits for yourself. If you find one that seems to
be head and shoulders above the rest in terms of early flowering, high yield and get buzz, that's
the plant to clone and continue breeding.
In depth genetics is beyond the scope of this work.
See Marijuana Botany; Smith, for
more detailed info in this area

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:07 PM #12
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
MM,

You can do as you propose as long as your diligent about keeping pollen contained.

When I did my Blue Moonshine repro the only filtration I had was a small carbon scrubber. Pollination was taking place “feet” from my sensi grow & I did not have any stray pollen on anything.

If your unsure about using a carbon filter, try and acquire a HEPA filter or pollen blocking screen, as previously suggested.
I believe screen can be purchased through seed savers exchange or similar heirloom vegetable seed companies.

Bring on more Blue Moonshine!
(My assumption about your repro... hehe)
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:43 PM #13
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to allBadfishy1 is a name known to all
Good luck MM!
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

Old 04-22-2018, 12:39 AM #14
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
MM,

You can do as you propose as long as your diligent about keeping pollen contained.

When I did my Blue Moonshine repro the only filtration I had was a small carbon scrubber. Pollination was taking place “feet” from my sensi grow & I did not have any stray pollen on anything.

If your unsure about using a carbon filter, try and acquire a HEPA filter or pollen blocking screen, as previously suggested.
I believe screen can be purchased through seed savers exchange or similar heirloom vegetable seed companies.

Bring on more Blue Moonshine!
(My assumption about your repro... hehe)

Thanks for the replies guys. Im leaning towards doing it at another location. I feel confident in my ability to paint on pollen without any problems. I do it all the time on a small scale (50 to 200 seeds). Just wanted to make a few more this time since I might vend them.

Dj is already making BM seeds. I have pics of the new mother in my dj f4 rnd thread. Im growing out the new mom now, she has an almost blue stem. well I found a pic but not a close up. You can see it in the middle leaning to the right. Pruned to the top couple nodes, but a blue stem.

Dj gave me permission and seed stock to do OTM. Heres a couple from the first round of germination. A few had purple cotyledons.
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

Old 04-22-2018, 01:32 AM #15
Americangrower

Americangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant future
Well dusting a few branches the returning them is no big deal. I on the other hand hit whole plants of chem d and ecsd. Lets just say I think I'm going to have a lot more 69 Skunk crosses. No biggie as I have plenty of bud to smoke and can't wait to see the possibilities.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote