What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving 4 week old seedlings outside APRIL. Help

Stanislav Nugs

Hi community. I’m hoping someone out there has some knowledge that can help me get 4 week old seedlings (not clones) under 24/0 outside by MAY 15th without triggering flowering. In an awkward position with not enough time to scale down the light schedule. Are they young enough that I can just put them out now with no ill effect? Never done it like this. If I drop them to 16/8 and from there drop the light by a couple minutes each day till it coincides with May or June? String lighting outside and add minutes to sunrise and sunset until June 24th? Any help appreciated.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd go with 18/6 for 2 weeks, then 16/8 until transplant time. And keep N levels consistent for growth so plants don't think it's time to flower.

Stanislav Nugs

Thanks for replies

Thanks for replies

Thanks everyone. Aridmeister: my main concern is the first drop to 18/6 triggering flowering. What are your thoughts on that? Should I just go for it? Whatever the day holds I have to take action today to make a change to the schedule before it gets too late. That’s my gut feeling, but I hear to just put them out from 24/0. Feeling a little hesitant for the next step.

Dropping to 18 won’t stress the plants, good place to start the transition from 24. String lights is the way for early season clones ✌️ Good luck

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks everyone. Aridmeister: my main concern is the first drop to 18/6 triggering flowering. What are your thoughts on that? Should I just go for it? Whatever the day holds I have to take action today to make a change to the schedule before it gets too late. That’s my gut feeling, but I hear to just put them out from 24/0. Feeling a little hesitant for the next step.

Guessing your sun is not 24/0 or 18/6. With nitrogen feeding, going from 24/0 to 18/0 won't affect plants. If planting in sunny area, have them under shade/partial sun several days to a week to acclimate to outdoor environs.

Stringing lights might cause some curiosity.

Do what you feel is best.

Humboldt-hermit

I grow from seed and never use lights. My seeds go right out in the green house as soon as they sprout. They grow just fine and stay in Veg until late August early September. I think you are fine to not worry

Latest posts

Latest posts