What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
probably 2 weeks at least. most things finish around mid-october here for us. there's no rush, we're not worried about fungus.

speaking of fungus, i heard there was a huge bust in Berkeley i think it was. Over 650 pounds of magic mushrooms.
They tried to estimate the street value at or around 1 million bucks

EasyGoing

Was wandering if mushrooms was still a thing.......

Really want to go cave hunting on shrooms. Know of a couple good caves. Only shroomed a handful of times, but I feel with my older age I might be able to connect to some ancient gods or something, Ra maybe?

jidoka

It will connect you closer with your God... not gods. If you can let go no worries. Don't shove off alone though

orechron

Easy, do NOT wander into a cave on mushrooms. I suppose it depends on how big the cave is, but that would be a horrible way to go.

therevverend

Veteran
Near Mt. St. Helens there is are cave systems created by lava tubes. There is one called the 'Ape Caves', runs for 3.5 miles underground. Many years ago a couple friends and I decided to pay the fee, receive our rented lantern from the Park Service, eat some mushrooms, and hike the caves.
My favorite joke, which wasn't really a joke considering our state of mind and location, was 'Are we to hell yet?' They give you helmets which is handy because of the head bumps. There was a family coming up behind us, we found a place where the old lava tube collapsed and we could climb up onto the cliff created by this. We proceeded to smoke a couple bowls while the family walked by below us. Very cool watching them shine their flashlights around and chatter completely oblivious to our barely suppressed giggles.
The dark, cold, clamminess gets to you after a couple miles. There was a place where the top collapsed letting in sunlight. There were a couple ferns growing in the shaft of light. I almost had an orgasm. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.
Emerging from the cave felt so good. Seeing colors, green life, white Mt St Helens, it was like being reborn. It was a great experience, I'd recommend it but doubt I'd do it again.

JOJO420

Veteran
Those AOG purple stem look incredible . Congrats
Kinda resembles my purple stem Goji OG that we like here :)
The Goji's are either green or purple stems at this point F2 or F3 make the same results.
Are you finding similar results in AOG breeding?

Attachments

• IMG_1080.jpg
    IMG_1080.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 11

PDX Dopesmoker

Really want to go cave hunting on shrooms. Know of a couple good caves. Only shroomed a handful of times, but I feel with my older age I might be able to connect to some ancient gods or something, Ra maybe?

You want to go into a cave to find a sun god?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Cant wait to run these next year after seeing how big the AOG gets.

(LongValleyRoyalKush x BlackLimeReserve) x AOG

Diesel Fire x AOG

Maybe a C-Banana x AOG if I can get the AOG pollin to my friend whos got the CB in flower now.

Your grow this year is very inspirational and informative. Thank you Schrews for sharing this with us.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I hear you named an SFV x Dank Zappa hybrid , Stank Zappa, You have any shot's of those? I just popped a couple seeds. That Ancient OG is huge man ! Looks like one of the widest plants I have ever seen that you've grown.

The Dank Zappa crosses are from WhoDatIs.... he sent me some seeds but i havent grown them out yet...

and it was Skank Zappa, not Stank Zappa.

SFV x Dank Zappa = Skank Zappa

cuz there's so many skanks in the SFV...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran

I did a lot of mushrooms when i was young, sold tons of them in los angeles... get a pound for 800 and break down for $20/eighth , rinse and repeat for a couple years. I used to sell pretty much everything actually, grew up in the city with a bunch of lowlifes , we dealt weed, coke, meth, mushrooms, acid, ecstasy. Kind of surprised I got out of there with a clean criminal record.

These days i prefer acid over mushrooms... longer trip with a bit less confusion/disorientation. mushrooms always fuck with my stomach too, acid is just easier for me to handle in every way. In fact i dont do drugs much at all anymore. coke makes me feel like shit, so does molly and speed.. acid though, i still dig it, once a month or so, especially on the full moon...

Emerging from the cave felt so good. Seeing colors, green life, white Mt St Helens, it was like being reborn. It was a great experience, I'd recommend it but doubt I'd do it again.
that sounds tremendous. I've been to several of our Nat'l Park caves, in south dakota and new mexico, it's really like entering another world.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Native Soil

Native Soil

the native soil plot is kicking ass! everything is bouncing back from the russet mites, i think the predators are really helping. the smells emanating from this garden are exotic and intense... hints of lime, chocolate, oranges, and gasoline. Buds are swelling nicely , i think we may start harvest within a week..

closeup of Timberwolf (Animal Cookies x Chemdog) - South Fork Seeds:
UTOn9GFl.jpg

closeup of Sprite (Black Lime Reserve x Ancient OG):
i8W0yVKl.jpg

native soil:
kLJSGfSl.jpg

umESH58l.jpg

im0jkh9l.jpg

growingcrazy

Those native soil plants stacked super nice... great work man!

I need to get some AOG f2's into the MI outdoors next season if anyone has a hookup...

plantingplants

Beautiful! Great work this year dude. I love the purple f2. Are there many different purple f2 phenos? I only have one but it's great. The ancient crosses get the gold in my garden this year. They werent the biggest but they win in every other category. Health, yield, frost, nose, etc. Fire. I shared a few extra sprites with two friends and they both love it, it took off in their gardens. I'm taking cuts and while I don't have any males (I was saving them but left them a little too long by the light dep had a scare and foolishly cut them before collecting any pollen) I'll be selfing and making reversed crosses. It ain't au natural but it's somethin.

PDX Dopesmoker

I did a lot of mushrooms when i was young, sold tons of them in los angeles... get a pound for 800 and break down for $20/eighth , rinse and repeat for a couple years. I used to sell pretty much everything actually, grew up in the city with a bunch of lowlifes , we dealt weed, coke, meth, mushrooms, acid, ecstasy. Kind of surprised I got out of there with a clean criminal record.

These days i prefer acid over mushrooms... longer trip with a bit less confusion/disorientation. mushrooms always fuck with my stomach too, acid is just easier for me to handle in every way. In fact i dont do drugs much at all anymore. coke makes me feel like shit, so does molly and speed.. acid though, i still dig it, once a month or so, especially on the full moon...

that sounds tremendous. I've been to several of our Nat'l Park caves, in south dakota and new mexico, it's really like entering another world.

With regard to the stomach upset on mushrooms, you won't get as much/any of that if you eat a smaller mass of higher potency mushrooms. There are species other than the cubensis which harvest 500% more silly per unit weight.