What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6/9 & A Pinch BayBay!

Coconutz

Veteran
Its a complete base that replaces the bloom bottle for the final 2-3 weeks on an 8-9 week strain
I plan on switching it when my plants look like they need more waterings but cant handle the extra N of 6/9.
They still seem to need a bit of N to maintain healthy leaves so I dont want to drop the micro completely.
You could probably get around the same with 2ml of micro or even calmag and the 9ml of bloom, but it would cost more

CNS17 Ripe is a highly concentrated, economical nutrient that produces premium results for both commercial and small scale growers. CNS17 Ripe was developed to maximize crop potential and quality during the final growth phase in fruiting and flowering plants. Replacing CNS17 Bloom with CNS17 Ripe for the final two weeks before harvest decreases nitrogen to a minimum level while maintaining phosphorous and potassium within ideal ranges. This specialty formula promotes ripening along with increased flower size, density, and essential oil production.
http://media.hydroponics.net/item-documents/botanicare/sweet/CNS17FeedSheet2011.pdf

Use in the final weeks of flowering
Optimum ratios of phosphorus, potassium, and nitrogen for the ripening phase
Produces high yields at an economical value
Cost effective for large scale production
Only 3 formulas to satisfy all growing methods
Highly soluble formula excels in DWC, Aeroponic, and NFT systems
pH stable

theother

If it comes out good Ph wise Im in, gonna grab some and try. 6/9 with silica and sm90 is spot on perfect for me everytime, once I start lowering the micro and dropping the silica/sm90 it needs adjusting. Would be cool if this solved that.

Coconutz

Veteran
Damn... I was looking at their advanced feed schedule. It looks like without additives they call for 20ml of ripe. It should probably only take about 12-15 though.

Coconutz

Veteran
10ml should be about 1.0, so 15ml would be a bit stronger than 1.2 I think...
Ive used the CNS17 series before and their directions (20ml) get you to about 1000ppm(2.0ec) 25ml was off the charts... Like 1250 or something crazy
I cant remember if the ripe works out to about the same or not since it doesnt have much N.
What I do like is it still keeps the calcium and mag up.

Coconutz

Veteran
Just got my cns17 ripe bottle and noticed a discrepancy between the bottle and online info...
Nothing new with botanicare, really...
The bottle says its 1%Ca .5%mg w/1%N
Online it was shown as 2.5%ca .5%mg w/1%N
If its closer to whats printed on the bottle its the same thing as using the micro bottle with 5%ca 5%n
Anyhow, the bottle was really cheap and should make mixing separate batches of nutes for my perpetual a little bit easier.
Ill probably start out at 10ml 3x per night. We'll see how that goes

theother

Just got my cns17 ripe bottle and noticed a discrepancy between the bottle and online info...
Nothing new with botanicare, really...
The bottle says its 1%Ca .5%mg w/1%N
Online it was shown as 2.5%ca .5%mg w/1%N
If its closer to whats printed on the bottle its the same thing as using the micro bottle with 5%ca 5%n
Anyhow, the bottle was really cheap and should make mixing separate batches of nutes for my perpetual a little bit easier.
Ill probably start out at 10ml 3x per night. We'll see how that goes

Keep us updated, I'm gonna give it a shot also. Sucks about the different ratio on arrival

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
so guys just to clarify when using 6/9 formula you dont need to add any extra pk ?

Ain't no clarification in the nute game :biggrin: There are guys on one side and guys on the other side like usual. On 6/9 there are two major ways- H3ads way where he increases bloom by 3ml per gal during bloom and the Rez way where he does koolbloom "slams" at days 15, 29 and 36. Then there are a million other ways guys tweek with extra pk and this and that supplement. It's a clown bus, pick which ever clown you want to sit next to and get advice from on the ride. :tiphat:

Rezdogs way of doing the 6/9:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=81674

Coconutz

Veteran
Keep us updated, I'm gonna give it a shot also. Sucks about the different ratio on arrival

10ml came out 1.0ec 5.9ph, but then again I only measured 10ml into 1 gal and the concentrate is a little bubbly, so its hard to get a perfect measurement.
Im also experimenting with 4/8 from gh's schedule but shit faded right away...
http://generalhydroponics.com/site/gh/docs/feeding_sched/GH-FloraSeries-DTW-Charts.pdf
For some reason just dropping micro has worked better for me, but I have to leave it in a little longer than H3ad or I get yellowing before the end

theother

You dont need anything besides bloom and micro.
Id recommend not adding anything else for your first run or two

I can second this 100% I followed coconutz program exactly and I am getting a larger yield of healthier plants than I did with every booster money could buy. Really excited to see the 6/9 rocking when I seal this room up in a week. By far the best results and without a doubt the easiest method I have ever tried. Adding anything IMHO would detract from the results.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh god tribalseeds has a following

:hide:

yo more of this 6/9 bud shots!

Coconutz

Veteran
Heres another new wifi. She sure stretches! I already got rid of her clones. No doubt shes OG!
picture.php

Heres that sticky icky icky wifi!
picture.php

Its so much better when you dont have to use #s and you can just call a pheno something like - MASSIVE WIFI!
picture.php

picture.php

OG!
picture.php

Dont ask why there are two stakes right there... I dont know... I just noticed it after admiring the pic for a while...

Coconutz

Veteran
Im using RO and havent needed epsom yet, though Ive used it. I just started adding some tap to my RO.
It might improve flavor or whatever, but you shouldnt see any deficiencies as long as your ph is 5.5-6 and you dont let your coco dry.
6/9 is perfect for fixing problems and eliminating variables.
Using 6/9 and nothing else will help narrow down all the confusion involved with nutes.
Add on top of it once everything else is dialed in if you want