What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3000W SCROG/Fully Automated/Gavita's/Iponic 600.....Let the fun begin!!!

BigGreen

Veteran
Are you running RO water ??

Room look great looking forward to the show as you know its almost just like mine
If ya run 18 pots per table you can cut down some veg time. I think 10-14 days veg is plenty for 18 plants per table.
If ya go straight from the cloner to 2 gallon pots they will be full of roots in 2 weeks I guaranty it
im tuned in

BG

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
OK, first things first. What is with the name? I would never even check out your threads except I saw the pic you posted in BigGreen's thread haha.

This is awesome! I just got 4 Gavitas and will be doing DTW coco H&G in a new sealed 12x13 room myself.

Subbed up for sure. What are you using for AC?

If you get a minute, check it out.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=254875

BigGreen

Veteran
Hahah window banger a/c. Put a mini split on your list after first harvest. You will be very happy with one.

For now bro since your room is empty veg them plants under the big lights and turn on you co2 they love it. I bet 2 weeks you can bloom em if the strain has any kind of a stretch to it.
If I can suggest going from clone to a 5" pot and veggin them under the t5s for about 10 days then pot up to 2 gal and throw them into the big room until there ready. which will be about a week. I have a bunch of t5s and thats what Im going to be doing with them. Just get a tiny head start before the big room then blast em
Good luck looks real good now get the plants in the system and dont waste time pre vegging this run just go time

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey, looks like a condensate pump on the ground. Is that what you'll use to pump away runoff? I have one but have never bothered to hook it up and have always wondered if it will pump fast enough since they're made for more of a trickle. Any thoughts or experience on that?

So many questions...

BigGreen

Veteran
I didnt mean preveg them now. Certainly go straight from clone to 2 gallon pot. I was watering every other day from transplant and they blew up. They will fill them container fast. Make sure to mix the nute pack in with the coco

BigGreen

Veteran
Its easy. As you add in coco mix it in. I been adding 1/2 the coco then adding 1/2 the nute pack recommendation then add the rest of the coco and the rest of the nute pack. Your going to be adding the coco anyhow just a little bit of mixing and doesnt take long at all.
I believe this makes the plants roots explode more than the tea.
I just transplanted from 6l pots to 10l pots. I mixed the nute pack into the coco. I did not tea them yet. In 2 days the roots are already popping out the holes in the bottom of the pot.
Try it on a couple and do a couple watered. Then we can see if theres a difference

BG

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Great idea!! Ill randomly mix in some pots with the "nute pack" and mark them. The rest will just get straight coco. Then after a week we will see which pots have the best root growth. I don't have any holes on the bottom of my pots to see of roots are poking out but my geo pots do have Velcro so the pot can be opened up for a looksie :)

BigGreen

Veteran
Im telling ya mix all of them with the nute pack and leave 1 or 2 without it. There going to love it. I water it in as well first tea after transplant
Besides its only 1/4 tsp per gal coco I liked it so much I bought the kilos haha

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Well I made up 45 pots!!!!! :laughing: I only did 4 pots with the nute pack mixed in. I've decided I'm not going to even look to see if I can see a difference in root growth. I'm just going to look at the plants. If the 4 with the nute pack are noticeably healthier and larger then I will from now on mix in the nute pack on every transplant. If I can't see a difference then I will just add the nute pack to my tea during veg and that's it!!!! :biggrin:

I've gotta say, I'm liking coco better than soil already!!! My past grow I did 12 plants in 30 gallon totes. By the time I bought soil and all the other things like manure and etc it come out to $300-350 for that last round. Then came mixing that all together on a tarp!!!!! Fuck me, 3 hours straight of sweating and shoveling just to get everything mixed together!!! Then I had to fill the pots. Only reason I did 45 pots today was because I have my extra PPP seedlings or else I'll normally be doing 36 pots. Well to fill 36 pots today only took me a couple hours with no sweating or grunting involved!!! :woohoo: Plus I only used 6 1/2 bags of canna coco. So I still have a 1/2 bag left over for when I go to clone in a month. So 7 bags of coco only costed me $140 :dance013: that savings helps offset the expense in nutes when running DTW.

So far coco 1 - soil 0 :tiphat:

Tonight I will pre charge coco with an ec of 1.2 of base nutes, cal-mag and drip clean. Then tomorrow afternoon I will transplant!!!

K

kiwi_growa

BigGreen i get the feeling you listen to pink floyd or music similar.