What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical Scrog

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
yeah i pull them down to but what i was refering to is drastic upsidedown tyingdown, seems to really slow the tip growth.

Do you mean like this?

picture.php

Or like this?

picture.php

MrAwder

Thanks for all the info. That was exactly what I was looking for. Trying to figure out how I can arrange 2 flip rooms in an 11x7 area. The only issue being my entrance is on the short (7ft side). I am thinking I will be limited to 2 4x4 rooms which leaves a 3ft wide L-shape in which to get access to everything. Environment will be controlled from outside the 11x7 area. I could also go the easy route and do an 11x6 stadium but I really want at least 2 rooms so I can run some 12-14 week sativas in one for myself.

Grizz

Veteran
yeah the bottom pic. i had a couple in veg that were into the lights so i tied them in knotts and tied them like bondage bitches, work well as it slowed her down untill i chopped and could get her on a screen, in flower i try to keep them tied horiz as much as i can

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thanks for all the info. That was exactly what I was looking for. Trying to figure out how I can arrange 2 flip rooms in an 11x7 area. The only issue being my entrance is on the short (7ft side). I am thinking I will be limited to 2 4x4 rooms which leaves a 3ft wide L-shape in which to get access to everything. Environment will be controlled from outside the 11x7 area. I could also go the easy route and do an 11x6 stadium but I really want at least 2 rooms so I can run some 12-14 week sativas in one for myself.
That is a hard dimension to work with.

yeah the bottom pic. i had a couple in veg that were into the lights so i tied them in knotts and tied them like bondage bitches, work well as it slowed her down untill i chopped and could get her on a screen, in flower i try to keep them tied horiz as much as i can

I have some branches that have been tied like this as well as up. I will try to remember to get pictures of the finished buds.

Grizz

Veteran
i think as long as there getting good light they will still produce good buds, its when i tied long branches way down to where they couldent get enough light the problem arises, with two bulbs that aint no problem

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
i think as long as there getting good light they will still produce good buds, its when i tied long branches way down to where they couldent get enough light the problem arises, with two bulbs that aint no problem

Yes that makes sense.

I believe I have a mouse. I caught one the other day. I may have been to rough on him as he suddenly died. Even after his untimely death I had a plant disappear. Just a stem sticking up. I had broken a plant a short time back and just thought it was me. Think Mack truck being parked in a tent. That is how genital I some times am.

Well before the mouse died a Sour Diesel plant had be girded by a mouse and two other plants had been broke off. I thought that it was over with the unfortunate death of the mouse but alas I found anther plant just gone. So it may not make it if it keeps stealing my plants.

In other new the other AC unit I have is now leaking instead of discharging the moisture outside so it is off to get another water heater pan for it to.

On the good or bad side of things, trimming is taking way to long. I have four USD to trim and the first is 11 oz. I will lose about another 1-1.5 from it when it is dry. So 9.5-10 for that plant and the others are close to the same size. I had figured on 7-8 for them. Dang it I hate when they are heavier than planned for. I have to trim two of these today. It must be done as I have to get it dried and the room reloaded by Thursday afternoon. Just in the jars dried that is. I still also have to get shots of the room tomorrow and get those posted.

Well I have to go get quart bags before I spend all day and half the night trimming.

Grizz

Veteran
got to ask how wide were the screens on those usd ? frickin 10 oz on one is damn damn good, your makin my measly 5 or 6 zips seem way small

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
got to ask how wide were the screens on those usd ? frickin 10 oz on one is damn damn good, your makin my measly 5 or 6 zips seem way small

The standard I run, 2 foot by 4 foot. But these ran about 6 inches past the tops so 2 foot by 4.5 foot.

These plants had it hard though. These are the ones I treated for mites. Then my temps went to 110 degrees a couple times when my breaker for my AC went bad.

They are OK but could be better. I had to take them down at 68 and 69 days because I found a bud with bud rot. The only dam bud so far too. I expect to get 36 plus from these four.

The other two that were on this wheel were a the Jedi Kush that I lost at least half of but got 3.75 from, and a Blue Berry OG that was 7. So about 3 pounds from that wheel.

I know it could have been more and better quality. Kind of bummed.

Grizz

Veteran
damn my screens are 4ft x 4ft and filled and like i said aint getting what your getting on a screen half the size

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Joesy I think part of it is that I am running 1600 watts with these plants and you are not. My buds may be filling out more because of the extra light.

Grizz

Veteran
no doubt, must say that is a yielding mofo, heard mega talk about that cut but dont know shit about it. exellent job, how does she smoke compared to the og's and some of the so called elites??

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
no doubt, must say that is a yielding mofo, heard mega talk about that cut but dont know shit about it. exellent job, how does she smoke compared to the og's and some of the so called elites??

I don't know ask Bobble head. He would be better able to answer.

This is my first run with it, and it is not the best it could have been.

Grizz

Veteran
well thats scary, 10 zips and not the best it could have been, lol your killin it son..

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
In all fairness I should mention that I usually get between 5-7 per plant. I am working on that but I run so many different types so I don't end up with to much of one type. Hard to get rid of a pound of one type in a couple days. I don't want this stuff here more than a week before it is gone.

I have got as little as 2.5 from a plant on these screens and up to 11. I am still working on getting my yields consistent. I have no problem getting rid of it as long as it is not to much of one type. I have a few strains like the OG and Deathstar that I could move a pound and a half in just 1-2 days. But I think people would tire of it quickly if I did that. So I try to run two of one type at a time. This USD run the plants were just getting to big and I had to load all 4 at once.

I am getting real tired of trimming as I have trimmed over 50 this week and still have another 6-7 to trim tomorrow. I have most of the 50 gone or will be by Thursday. Got to keep some back for the patients because I don't trim again till end of next week.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Your killin it bud! 3 off 1600 watts is great.

Yes but it could be better. I freaked out because I found a bud with bud rot. Well I have to leave town this week end and didn't want to chance it so I had to take it down at 75 and 76 days. I wanted it to run till 84 days. I only found the one bud so far. I am starting to doubt if it was bud rot haha.

Still it was 0.85 GPW for those who track it. I usually get about 0.75 GPW. Better then average for me.

And your room is look great. How much you expecting in there?