What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How I got roots in 6 days.

Herborizer

Veteran
I have a digital temp meter and I take 1-2 readings a day. Always in the 82F range. Hopefully that will work.

I just can't get over how happy these little cuttings are in the coco. They look as healthy or healthier than they looked on the mother plant. The leaves are pointing waaay up toward the light. I hope this works.

Day 6 status update. No roots showing yet. I swear, if I don't get roots in the next week, I am going to buy some spring water to clone next time.

slowandeasy

Veteran
I have a digital temp meter and I take 1-2 readings a day. Always in the 82F range. Hopefully that will work.

I just can't get over how happy these little cuttings are in the coco. They look as healthy or healthier than they looked on the mother plant. The leaves are pointing waaay up toward the light. I hope this works.

Day 6 status update. No roots showing yet. I swear, if I don't get roots in the next week, I am going to buy some spring water to clone next time.

You did not give any rooting hormone, and it is only day 6.
I would be really surprised if you had roots already. Give it a few more days. I doubt spring water would help, I use very light nute water to pre charge coco. Yours will root, sometime this week...so dont be in a hurry. They look good, just keep damp. Good luck.

Herborizer

Veteran
You did not give any rooting hormone, and it is only day 6.
I would be really surprised if you had roots already. Give it a few more days. I doubt spring water would help, I use very light nute water to pre charge coco. Yours will root, sometime this week...so dont be in a hurry. They look good, just keep damp. Good luck.

Thanks slowandeasy. I do feel more confident then ever with this method. It almost seems like the cuttings are growing (that's how healthy they look).

I got to figure out a better setup then taping cups. I have these 8oz clear solo cups. Having to tape the outer cup is really time consuming. I need to clone a lot at a time. Several dozen.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Thanks slowandeasy. I do feel more confident then ever with this method. It almost seems like the cuttings are growing (that's how healthy they look).

I got to figure out a better setup then taping cups. I have these 8oz clear solo cups. Having to tape the outer cup is really time consuming. I need to clone a lot at a time. Several dozen.

No problems, I have tried it without hormones...it just takes longer. I have 2 more Tips for you. I agree taping cups gets old, so they make 8oz cups that are Red...like Beer Cups. Just use those as your Cover Cup. Better than taping a shit ton of Cups. Another tip, next time try using less Coco...Say a little over half way filled. Scrape the stem lightly and soak in hormone. Your roots will fill the cup faster, which means you can feed sooner and more often...which equals faster growth. Good luck. Even if your clones take 2 weeks to root...they will look healthy and be huge, so your ahead of the game either way.

Herborizer

Veteran
Still really healthy looking. Though, still no roots. I started two additional cups using Arrowhead Spring water + clonex. Did that last night.

Everything in the coco looks so healthy. So much in fact, it's like they are growing (they are not though). Hopefully roots soon.

Herborizer

Veteran
Here is a pic of the 8 day old cutting. Also, a pic of my mothers.

Attachments

• indoor (1)
    indoor (1)
    50.6 KB · Views: 33
  • this is the pepper pot style end and the filter, I will try to make bigger holes before i use it aga
    this is the pepper pot style end and the filter, I will try to make bigger holes before i use it aga
    36.7 KB · Views: 36

slowandeasy

Veteran
Crossing fingers! ;)

Have you plopped it out to give it a breath of fresh air lately? Seems to work wonders for me, give it a try. You can see just how moist your Coco is also by doing this. You have no rooting hormones, so I am guessing a couple more days. But it looks really healthy, so it will take for sure. Your next batch will root faster for sure. Good luck.

Herborizer

Veteran
Thanks for the help. Yeah, I took it out on Saturday and every day since. The coco was looking extremely dry, I bottom fed with ph balanced water with clonex (liquid) today.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Thanks for the help. Yeah, I took it out on Saturday and every day since. The coco was looking extremely dry, I bottom fed with ph balanced water with clonex (liquid) today.

Dont want them to get extremely dry, it should come out of the cup like a Plug...be damp not dry or soaked. But it looks great, give it more time. Your Clonex ones will root faster for sure.

slowandeasy

Veteran
I just gave this a go with six cuttings, three died in 24 hours.

I suck.

What is your lighting and temps/humidity? If your environment is not right, that can happen. If temps are close to 80 and humidity around 50 or higher...things will be good. Too much lighting is no good, and dont use too much Cloning gel...if you use it.

slowandeasy

Veteran
Test cup #1. Day 10, no roots. Still looks like the picture I posted before. Nice and healthy.

Test cups #2,3. Day 5, no roots. Still look fantastic and healthy.

Test cups #4,5. Day 2, no roots. Healthy.

The one with no hormone I bet root on day 14ish. I bet day 6 or 7 on 2 and 3. I am experimenting as we speak to see if I get roots in the same time with just Gel and just Roots Excell. Using the 2 together work everytime, Just curious to see with if they will root as fast with just gel or just Roots Excell. I have to top my plants again, so I like to experiment with them.

Good luck, they will root. You can do it!

Herborizer

Veteran
The one with no hormone I bet root on day 14ish. I bet day 6 or 7 on 2 and 3. I am experimenting as we speak to see if I get roots in the same time with just Gel and just Roots Excell. Using the 2 together work everytime, Just curious to see with if they will root as fast with just gel or just Roots Excell. I have to top my plants again, so I like to experiment with them.

Good luck, they will root. You can do it!

Thanks Slowandeasy. I look forward to it!

Herborizer

Veteran
Here is a pic of the 8 day old cutting. Also, a pic of my mothers.

Well, day 13. No roots. My cutting looks exactly like my previous picture. Almost as if it is in suspended animation. So the good thing, is that it looks really healthy. Sadly no roots.

My other cuttings also are the same. They look great but no roots.

I swear, it's like some sort of twilight zone.

Herborizer

Veteran
Here are some current pics.

As you can see, they look really healthy. The first cut still looks just as it did the day I cut it (13 days ago).

slowandeasy

Veteran
Here are some current pics.

As you can see, they look really healthy. The first cut still looks just as it did the day I cut it (13 days ago).

I told you no rooting hormone will take 14 days atleast. Did you scrape the stem at all or pull off any leaves that are under the Coco? I always just pull down of leaves and it will strip the top layer, this will help speed things up. I also just scrape the stem about an inch or two from the bottom. Just lightly to help speed things up.

They should all root, they look really good still. I do use Roots Excell and some gel, but I am doing experiments to see which one or if both are the key to my success in fast rooting. Since you used completely different stuff, I am not sure if you will get same results. Good luck, no worries...they will root.

Latest posts

Latest posts