What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fascinating Promotional Email from MoveOn about the Green New Deal

St. Phatty

OK I just had some really good Indica, Hugo Mystery Bud. The super-dense bud that is hard to break apart, and stoney, and SWEET, so everything is fascinating.

So Moveon sent me a Mass Email about the Green New Deal. :woohoo:

If you sign up at MoveOn, you can Crap like this too !! :peacock: :peacock:

Check out the FEAR campaign. :tiphat:

"Give us $3 so you can feel like you did something about Climate Change." Bald-faced skillful begging.

"Dear MoveOn member,

We're out of time: Climate change is now an acute crisis. The world's climate scientists say we have just 12 years left to stop catastrophic climate change from wreaking havoc on human civilization.1

But the politics of what is possible on climate change are starting to shift beneath us, thanks to the courageous vision and action of young people.

Less than one week after a video went viral of California Senator Dianne Feinstein scolding a group of young people, one as young as seven, who met with her to ask her to support the Green New Deal—legislation that finally aims to meet this crisis with the fierce urgency that the science demands—she withdrew the wholly inadequate alternative that she told the students was what she supports.2

We need to help keep the pressure on Sen. Feinstein to support the Green New Deal. California is our nation's leader on climate change, with by far the strongest climate policies in the nation. Adding a major voice like hers would be a huge step toward giving the Green New Deal even more mainstream credibility, expanding what political observers view as possible, and encouraging other elected officials to embrace it.

That's why we're helping raise the money to put up a billboard on the Bay Bridge between San Francisco and Oakland urging Sen. Feinstein to support the Green New Deal.

Will you help out by chipping in $3? Click here now to help erect the billboard on the Green New Deal.

Last week, the Sunrise Movement, which is led by and organizing young people and brought the group to Sen. Feinstein's office, held rallies across the country and staged sit-ins at Senate offices, demanding that both Democratic and Republican lawmakers "Look Us in the Eyes," as the generation that will have to deal with adults' failure to act on climate change.3

The pressure from young people is working. And not just with Sen. Feinstein. After 250 Kentucky high schoolers this week occupied Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell's office and the offices of other vulnerable senators, even Sen. McConnell backed away from his cynical plan to hurt the Green New Deal's prospects by defeating it in the Senate.4

In this moment, with the politics of what is possible starting to shift, it's so important that we stand arm in arm with these brave activists fighting for bold solutions that meet the magnitude of the crisis we face.

Click here to chip in $3—or whatever you can afford—now to help erect the billboard on the Bay Bridge urging Sen. Feinstein to support the Green New Deal.

With your help, we'll keep elevating the work of these young activists, pushing Republicans and Democrats alike to support the Green New Deal and holding them accountable for the future our children will inherit.

Thanks for all you do.

–David, Emily, Gabby, Seth, and the rest of the team

Sources:

1. "We have 12 years to limit climate change catastrophe, warns UN," The Guardian, October 8, 2018
https://act.moveon.org/go/61232?t=4&akid=228406.1371719.SR2IoR

2. "The Viral Confrontation With Dianne Feinstein Had a Political Impact Most Pundits Missed," The Intercept, March 2, 2019
https://act.moveon.org/go/63749?t=6&akid=228406.1371719.SR2IoR

3. Ibid.

4. Ibid."

packerfan79

Veteran
OK I just had some really good Indica, Hugo Mystery Bud. The super-dense bud that is hard to break apart, and stoney, and SWEET, so everything is fascinating.

So Moveon sent me a Mass Email about the Green New Deal. :woohoo:

If you sign up at MoveOn, you can Crap like this too !! :peacock: :peacock:

Check out the FEAR campaign. :tiphat:

"Give us $3 so you can feel like you did something about Climate Change." Bald-faced skillful begging.

"Dear MoveOn member,

We're out of time: Climate change is now an acute crisis. The world's climate scientists say we have just 12 years left to stop catastrophic climate change from wreaking havoc on human civilization.1

But the politics of what is possible on climate change are starting to shift beneath us, thanks to the courageous vision and action of young people.

Less than one week after a video went viral of California Senator Dianne Feinstein scolding a group of young people, one as young as seven, who met with her to ask her to support the Green New Deal—legislation that finally aims to meet this crisis with the fierce urgency that the science demands—she withdrew the wholly inadequate alternative that she told the students was what she supports.2

We need to help keep the pressure on Sen. Feinstein to support the Green New Deal. California is our nation's leader on climate change, with by far the strongest climate policies in the nation. Adding a major voice like hers would be a huge step toward giving the Green New Deal even more mainstream credibility, expanding what political observers view as possible, and encouraging other elected officials to embrace it.

That's why we're helping raise the money to put up a billboard on the Bay Bridge between San Francisco and Oakland urging Sen. Feinstein to support the Green New Deal.

Will you help out by chipping in $3? Click here now to help erect the billboard on the Green New Deal.

Last week, the Sunrise Movement, which is led by and organizing young people and brought the group to Sen. Feinstein's office, held rallies across the country and staged sit-ins at Senate offices, demanding that both Democratic and Republican lawmakers "Look Us in the Eyes," as the generation that will have to deal with adults' failure to act on climate change.3

The pressure from young people is working. And not just with Sen. Feinstein. After 250 Kentucky high schoolers this week occupied Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell's office and the offices of other vulnerable senators, even Sen. McConnell backed away from his cynical plan to hurt the Green New Deal's prospects by defeating it in the Senate.4

In this moment, with the politics of what is possible starting to shift, it's so important that we stand arm in arm with these brave activists fighting for bold solutions that meet the magnitude of the crisis we face.

Click here to chip in $3—or whatever you can afford—now to help erect the billboard on the Bay Bridge urging Sen. Feinstein to support the Green New Deal.

With your help, we'll keep elevating the work of these young activists, pushing Republicans and Democrats alike to support the Green New Deal and holding them accountable for the future our children will inherit.

Thanks for all you do.

–David, Emily, Gabby, Seth, and the rest of the team

Sources:

1. "We have 12 years to limit climate change catastrophe, warns UN," The Guardian, October 8, 2018
https://act.moveon.org/go/61232?t=4&akid=228406.1371719.SR2IoR

2. "The Viral Confrontation With Dianne Feinstein Had a Political Impact Most Pundits Missed," The Intercept, March 2, 2019
https://act.moveon.org/go/63749?t=6&akid=228406.1371719.SR2IoR

3. Ibid.

4. Ibid."

I like their spin on McConnell. Senator McConnell backed away from his cynical plan to hurt the Green New Deals prospects by defeating it in the Senate.

They imply that McConnell is going to vote for it. Lol. Most Democrats in Congress will never vote for it. I will restrain myself from criticizing the bill, I have obviously made my opinion crystal clear. I do have to enjoy the spin.

McConnell's cynical plan was to put it to a vote. While, I won't claim it wasn't a political ploy. It was pretty fucking funny, to watch politicians try to berate someone for giving them the opportunity to cast a vote in favor of a major political agenda.

If McConnell refused a vote hes a denier, if he gave the option to vote hes part of a cynical ploy. Lol, which one is it. It really can't be both.