What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Even knowing the wachowskis wrote, produced and directed it I was still regularly surprised by how well made sense8 was. That pulled me in lol. Very very well done and executed. Great actors as well.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Just started watching Murder Mountain on netflix. It's a really interesting history on Humboldt County, Garberville and the pot business. The story goes back to the hippy commune days and brings you forward to present where legalization turns out to be one one the worst things ever for the farmers.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Just started watching Murder Mountain on netflix. It's a really interesting history on Humboldt County, Garberville and the pot business. The story goes back to the hippy commune days and brings you forward to present where legalization turns out to be one one the worst things ever for the farmers.

Gonna check this one out.

OP

St. Phatty

I tried to find that on the Netflix search engine. It's not in there yet. I have the DVD plan, maybe that affects what I can get.

The farmers who owned their land in Mendo & Humboldt did bodaciously well, on the real estate side.

They were at the top of the market before legalization. Now, with the over-supply, I would say it's a lot less fun. They might have had more fun when property prices were lower & Cannabis prices were higher.

I'm not trying to trivialize it. Fun is important !

In the 60's 70's 80's & 90's, there were loads of what people call "artisan" growers, all having fun in Mendo & Humboldt.

Now their output is entering a market with Cannabis from all the big corporate grows. Less fun for the artisan growers, possibly WAY more paperwork.

Probably some of the corporate grow folks have fun, with this much different industry.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's online. Just finished it.

Maybe they have a free trial for the online. We dumped the dvds.

Don't want to spill the beans but the story centers around a kid that got killed there. They make it look like many went missing during the outlaw period. Centering that period they go back to the early 70s.

With what you know, I think you'd find it worth the watch.

I tried to find that on the Netflix search engine. It's not in there yet. I have the DVD plan, maybe that affects what I can get.

The farmers who owned their land in Mendo & Humboldt did bodaciously well, on the real estate side.

They were at the top of the market before legalization. Now, with the over-supply, I would say it's a lot less fun. They might have had more fun when property prices were lower & Cannabis prices were higher.

I'm not trying to trivialize it. Fun is important !

In the 60's 70's 80's & 90's, there were loads of what people call "artisan" growers, all having fun in Mendo & Humboldt.

Now their output is entering a market with Cannabis from all the big corporate grows. Less fun for the artisan growers, possibly WAY more paperwork.

Probably some of the corporate grow folks have fun, with this much different industry.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway

Sounds good!

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
Yesterday we finished the last Season of "House of Cards", very disapointing, but what shall they do, if the main actore is out from one Moment to the other?

My alltime favorites are,:

Bonanza
The Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad, Better call Saul
and in german, Das Boot
(about a german submarine and his Crew in WW2)

buzzmobile

Veteran
If you like Orson Welles movies, Netflix has The Stranger in its catalog. Edward G. Robinson and Loretta Young are also in the cast.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you like Orson Welles movies, Netflix has The Stranger in its catalog. Edward G. Robinson and Loretta Young are also in the cast.

Yes,, a great film,,,Welles as the Nazi living in small town,USA is superb but Edward G Robinson is sublime and another great Orson Welles movie is a “ touch of evil “ so far ahead of its time, s2:tiphat:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I noticed very late, that Herzog is in the USA since years. "Into the Abyss" (I saw twice) was the first documentation movie from him I saw on TV.

Maybe by the side. I think it´s in Europe and english speakin Countrys usual to talk about the Monty Python movies, with collegues and/or friends, in our generation. In Germany, for my Generation, everybody knows Kinski and his crazy Moments, but it´s alittle bit off topic.

I think Kinski should be celebrated in Germany as should the brilliant Klaus Maria Brandauer iin Austria,,s2

Last edited:

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
Hello 944s2, today Kinski is a little bit out. The today generation don´t care about him very much, and there is one thing which it doesn´t make it easy to honor him. One of his daughters said that he misused her.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
One thing I noticed with Netflix - I have many more movies/series that I have started to look at than I have ever watched - since I seem to fall asleep watching them - must be this indica shutting me down - lol

I fall asleep during most movies - <Zzzzzzz>

kaochiu

Veteran
Hello 944s2, today Kinski is a little bit out. The today generation don´t care about him very much, and there is one thing which it doesn´t make it easy to honor him. One of his daughters said that he misused her.
Kinski should have his own biopic. This ex-girlfriend of his, when she was told he was a germophobe (he wouldn't shake hands, that sort of thing), she look surprised and said ironically, "Kinski a germophobe? The guy who would rape you in a pile of rotten guts is now a germophobe?"
Brandauer is in the elite of acting, no doubt. Coronel Redl, many says it was boring, but those minute long silent close ups that explained the plot advances better than dialogues. Also, he was the best Bond baddie of them all. He showed it with a kiss to Kim Basinger, allowing for a tiny saliva thread. I'm sure that was Brandauer's own idea.
Now, for a Netflix recomendation: Fariña. Galicia's apptly named Costa Da Morte (Death Coast), in northwest Spain, was the entrance door for most of Europe's cocaine. Docudrama, real names, wonderful characterizations, impeccable performances, real and realistic scenarios, funny bits too. Galicia's accent is very characteristic, so subtitles better than doubled up.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Childish cartoon repeats. What is next, Road Runner vs Marvin the Martian?

Except they're not cartoons, they're live action. And they're pretty good.

Hell, even my 73 year old mom likes the Avengers series of movies. But her favorite is Deadpool.:biggrin:

On Prime - the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is one of the best shows I have seen. Ever. Right up there with the Wire and Breaking Bad.

You owe it to yourselves to watch this show. If you don't laugh your ass off, you are broken.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts