What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How did your drinking habits change after legalization came to your State/Contry?

hunt4genetics

Veteran
A few days ago I had 4 beers with some friends. I am no light weight, but I haven't drank in a long while. I wasn't hung over the next day, just a little "Off", slower a beat.

I wished I could have had a few joints with friends (Not a big drinker, plus I love the so called "Weed Hang over.")

That got me wondering. People here, who were already adults when Cannabis became legal, how did it change your drinking habits? Did it?

Also for the tobacco product users, how did legalization change your tobacco use as well.

Thank you.

Easy7

Veteran
Still illegal here but toking puts me into consuming more of anything. I could cut back when toking. Everything takes conscious effort. When it rains it pours, with the good or bad.

Vaping nicotene has been my allie to reduce tobacco smoking. Not drinking as much (a beer, 22oz every month a a half "lately") is mostly because I was drinking so much a year ago and previously, that I got the delerium tremors. Plus I save a lot of cash, not gambling with the lotto as much either.

But weed hangover. It can make me smoke tobacco more. It makes me more sensative to tobacco. It also makes me cling to the cannabis thoughts a lot more. Weed isn't a saint, she's no demon either. She's a plant with a lot of power. Plus smoke is smoke. I can feel the cleanse reducing or eliminating any kind of smoke.

mayorofthdesert

it didn't effect my drinking either way but i credit legal cannabis with being instrumental in me staying off heroin for 5 years. didnt help with withdrawls at all but in the long term, when i'm craving (& i still do) i smoke a bowl of a calming indica. the thoughts just go away & i'm totally content.

Latest posts

Latest posts