What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stickiest/gooiest strains?

All strains used to be sticky. Of course everyone went "greasy" and pretended that was a good thing. Now the bud won't hold a smell.

I know 2 guys who grow sticky, every strain. Seems they use a lot of fungus. I'd like to find the link. Weed has been devolved by the way it's grown..

bigbadbiddy

I disagree on the whole devolved thing ...

Anyway:
With more and more grows under my belt, I am coming to the realization that it is less about strain a) or b) or breeder this or that.

It is really about finding a certain pheno.

And the whole this or that breeder, strain etc. is basically just a way of potentially tilting the odds of finding that certain pheno.

That's also another reason why you find so many wild stories of origin once such a unique pheno is discovered.
Nobody wants to hear that it's just a MasterKush or Afghan or Skunk pheno that you find.

Gotta make up a wild origin story with everyone's favorite strain: "Unknown Strain" and give it a wild name and call it the frostiest, gooiest stuff out there and here we go instagram filters!

Catch my drift?

I have grown a few strains, the "stickiest" I found so far were 2 critical mass I selected from 50 seeds, over 30 females. Each was the only one of its kind in the bunch.
One yielded the heaviest by far and put on the 2nd most resin. The other put on even more, yielded considerably less and is hard to clone and doesn't grow nearly as nice structurally.
But I prefer its terpenes and the bud is ever so slightly more sticky, still.

But how it holds up to other strains out there? No clue, could only take pictures and compare them online but meh.

I just compare it to the other stuff in my garden and suggest you do too. Because that is the surest way imho to find such a standout phenotype and then you can make up your own BS origin story, sprinkle a little "unknown strain" on top and come out with the next Wifi OG or GG or Cookies or what have you.

b8man

Veteran
There are strains that are just annoyingly sticky. The kind of buds that attach to your clothing so you don't realize you've just done the shopping with weed on your shoulder.

I know my Vale Vale from Rare Dankness clogs up my grinder every time I throw some in there. Super Silver Haze was also glue.

A

acdc

There are strains that are just annoyingly sticky. The kind of buds that attach to your clothing so you don't realize you've just done the shopping with weed on your shoulder.

I know my Vale Vale from Rare Dankness clogs up my grinder every time I throw some in there. Super Silver Haze was also glue.

ssh for me to love it :huggg:

Latest posts

Latest posts