What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do people in Legal states or countries still get paranoid?

hunt4genetics

Veteran
I am a lover of sativas, the more pure the better. I enjoy the rush of panic it causes! I have grown to welcome paranoia, I think of it as huge waves, and I am a big wave rider.

Occasionally it get's the best of me. When it does, I chalk it up to not being in a Cannabis friendly locality.

People who live in a legal jurisdiction, if you get paranoid, why? What issues cause you paranoia in a place where your freedom can not be taken away?

I am very curious. I dream of going to a legal environment and ingesting a pure Haze edible and letting loose.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

peace.

hunt4genetics

Veteran
Here's the weird thing. Every time I post a similar post in various forums, no one answers. It's as if there is some type of shame of having experienced paranoia in a legal locality.

Please don't hold back, please share, there is no shame. I want to know if paranoia is situationally based, or strictly chemically based (Smoking a high THC low CBD strain)

Thank you.

Chappi

I’m paranoid all the time even when im sober. I’m in a legal state and I own my place so no land lord or anything. I’m also pretty sure the dude that lives next door smokes weed everyday outside. I still find a reason to be paranoid and hide my plants from their view.

Scrappy-doo

Since moving to a legal state 6 mo ago, I no longer get paranoid about what I do when I'm high. Now I get paranoid over other things.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hyup. Legal or not there's never a shortage of people who will take your bread.

Bit of paranoia is par for the course.

Easy7

Veteran
I am thinking that if your plant counts are locally legal, that's less risky. But just think about the feds. They take it easier if you have a clean record and plead out.

I wouldn't under estimate a fascist. Just look at some of the nationalism. There are some real evils.

KONY

Veteran
I grew up in a very unfriendly cannabis area that is still very popular for usage.

I went to jail, not just for a few hours or overnight for possession of small amounts of cannabis. I've been searched with no probable cause, while telling the cops I don't consent to their search. They didnt care and said it didnt matter because of the area I was in....

I most definitely have mild PTSD from the drug war.

I still get mildy paranoid driving sometimes. Mostly while puffing in the car at night and not being able to see what kinda car is behind me. When I first visited this state to go to a cannabis festival, I got lost and couldnt find the place. Ended up pulling over and phoned a friend to check online. State trooper ended up pulling up, making sure we were okay then gave us directions to the festival. Didnt try to search us or anything. This was the first time in my life I had been treated like a human being and not a subclass citizen in relation to cannabis. That was over 10 years ago now.

The paranoia is ingrained deep down.... however it slowly gets better, especially if you can move to somewhere more cannabis friendly. This state recently passed legalization, but has been very friendly to cannabis growers and users for decades.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I grew up with it illegal, have had my share of paranoia, now if I start to get paranoid I just laugh it off and think of how it was back then. The younger folks don't understand sense it's been medical here in Cali for twenty some years now. Unfortunately it still is illegal in some parts of the country...

oldbootz

Veteran
Some weed will make you paranoid no matter what. And some wont. Getting paranoid from extraneous circumstances is not the real trigger, its the type of weed.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm behind enemy lines, so paranoia is healthy and keeps me out of trouble as far as I'm concerned.

I doubt that will ever change simply because even when it's legal, you still gotta worry about rippers who are more than willing to kick a door in to get what they want.

hunt4genetics

Veteran
I was mainly asking if consuming in a legal state/country still caused paranoia. I can understand that growing in a legal area still would attract thieves. If I had millions of dollars of Diamonds hidden away in my home (Which I don't) I would be extremely paranoid. And diamonds are legal

I'm wondering if any fellow lovers of Pure Sativas, have ever pushed the limits in an legal environment.

Peace.
Thanks for these replies. Much appreciated.

Chappi

I was mainly asking if consuming in a legal state/country still caused paranoia. I can understand that growing in a legal area still would attract thieves. If I had millions of dollars of Diamonds hidden away in my home (Which I don't) I would be extremely paranoid. And diamonds are legal

I'm wondering if any fellow lovers of Pure Sativas, have ever pushed the limits in an legal environment.

Peace.

That’s a fantasy of mine, I want to grow a 10 foot tall sativa but I need to plant some trees to block my neighbors view.

CaptainDankness

Peace.

I've smoked weed for like 20 years I never got too paranoid. Driving back from the city with 5 pounds made me a little paranoid. Lol

I've always smoked in public but usually just a blunt I could toss real quick.

Ppl are paranoid cause they're paranoid ppl, legal or not never had anything to do with me ever being paranoid as it's never happened since I faced the fact I never was n never will be doing anything I consider to be wrong or immoral growing or using weed, no matter who thinks or says otherwise.
That's not to say I'm stupid delusional about the behaviour of ppl or my safety and security, but no need to be paranoid about anything.
Anyone living looking to come get me for anything that aint causing anyone or anything else no harm has intentions of doing so no matter what the excuse they use but that's got little to do with weed as much as oppression and the war of the classes everyone keeps denying is going on.
Paranoia, fuck paranoia, I'm waiting on rebelliousness n revolution to make a come back, if it wasn't so cheap n easy to produce factory "food" stuffs ppl can survive off a few decades b4 seeing long term results n ppl were actually hungry enough it may have already come but till ppl are truly hungry apathy n sloth rule.

cheers,.......................................gps

Latest posts

Latest posts