What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr Greenjeans does the Seed Thang

BabyHughie

Yep thats the song alright MGJ.

Hey I can relate to your wife man I have many excedrin moments from my power bill too. Maybe I can hit $300 this month! :biglaugh:

glasspackedbowl

Medical Test grower. Inquire within...
Veteran
mines only 150 to 300(record usage for us) monthly. So the AC is on 78F and running all day and night runs up the bill fast.

One thing you can do to help pay for it is save your sode cans. There going for 1.25$ a pound in cali , I remember bringin crushed cans in large black tash bags. Take 3-5 bags full theres and you'll end up with $40 to 100. its easy they cut a check right thre.

This small plan with help us pay for the electricity. ALSo if you own a house and get solar pannels on the roof for free power, the government will give you a tax break. aslo if you collect more then you house uses, the Power company has to pay you for the extra that they get from your unused portion. It's about a 30% lower power bill. Also change out all you house light to 13w fluros. They cost litterally less then10$ a year. But with all the light that you use daily it can add up...I have about 25 in my new place and it works great
That 325 watts fro the entire house. Now for regular bulbs we we're using 2000w big difference huh?

Lets just say it costs 50 cent per watt: fluros 162.5$ with the incandesent it as $1000 so I feel fluros are the best unless you use an hps or MH with switchable bulbs I dont know if theres were worked out for a week or a year. But Fluros are the best. They have some 2000lunem fluros at wally world. at $8 a pop there cheap. They go into regular light bulb outlets. I think if I had the cash Id got with fluros and a 100 to 150w HPS for flowering to help then not to strech.

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya Hughie - been a while since I've seen an electric bill that low :yoinks:

Yeah Glass, the house has been redone over the years. Nearly all lights have been already been replaced with flourescents, had the electrical redone wiring and panels. We've looked into solar, depite the help of the state and feds it is still a huge chunka change. Most solar installations I've seen have also eliminated hidden loads - equipment that only appears to be off but is idling waiting for the instant on switch. Those are hard to get rid of unless you put a switched power strip on every piece of gear. Anyway our bill is far north of $400, and my op is smalltime. The rates here suck, our "base" rate is for 250 KWH - yeah right, if I was living in a 200 sq foot studio!

The cans are a good idea, 'cept we don't drink much from cans. My wife might run me over if she saw me dragging 3 large sacks full of cans down the street, kinda funny that way :pointlaug :bat:

Luckily my needs are modest, and the small space and lighting are enough for now... hmmmm - I better stop day dreamin:biglaugh:!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
not to mention the extra stress that the extra plants would cause MGJ. If you are only growing for personal smoke, I don't really think there is any need for 2 600W lights. I make do with one 400w, and my shortages are normally due to seed runs. Although I guess you could run them both just during the winter for your years supply of bud, and exhaust into the house as your central heating lol.

Heavy Chevy

Sorry to hear your electricity prices are so high! I don't have that problem where I am at. Even though I am only running one 400w, with all the other shit I leave on all the time my bill doesn't get much higher then the $100 mark. I like that comment about the "Exedrin Moments" that gave me a good laugh. Just tell the wifey to chill out :whip: Haha just kidding MGJ keep it green! :joint:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
We're on about €80/month and that's INCLUDING heating :biglaugh:

It sure pays to have a tiny flat and to never be at home :D

BabyHughie

Mr GreenJeans said:
Hiya Hughie - been a while since I've seen an electric bill that low :yoinks:

MGJ I can feel what your wife is sayin then :yoinks: you should probably just quit growing I think :chin: JOKING!!! :biglaugh: Hey Im sure she does her part to contribute to that bill too. :D

G

Hello MGJ.Very nice show you have here!!I hope you dont mind me hangin around :lurk: from the back row!!

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
Hehe, I pay around 120e a month and that includes heating (winter time and we also have a fireplace, saves money) 1 or 2 x 600w hps in da warehouse + heating over there too and all kindsa gadgets that we use puters, tv's etcetcetc. so not that bad eh? Btw, havent had any time to go to post office but I'll mail some charity seeds next monday, sorry for te delay if anyones interested..

somoz

Veteran
Yeah, i hear ya greeny: My last power bill due to that extreme heat we had was fuckin outrageous.......close to 800 hundo!!! But that is an entrie flat for the grow plus another apt that is on the same meter, so not that bad i guess.............still pissed me off though.......

You guys get to have the mmj laws on your side but when it comes to the cost of producing the the green, it's much cheaper away from cali.......Hope all is growin strong for ya greeny........see ya around bud.................somoz

BabyHughie

somoz said:
Yeah, i hear ya greeny: My last power bill due to that extreme heat we had was fuckin outrageous.......close to 800 hundo!!! But that is an entrie flat for the grow plus another apt that is on the same meter, so not that bad i guess.............still pissed me off though.......

DAAAMMMM thats insane! :yoinks: Me, I would be shitting major bricks let me tell you! I guess Ive got it pretty good, SHEESH no lie somoz you guys get taxed hardcore in cali. If my power bill ever hits $500, Ill be :yoinks: 800, couldn't even imagine the look on my face when I opened that bill. :biglaugh:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
hey MGJ solor supplies in quartzite az southern az during the winter ive herd this is where alot of dealers go to sell thier goods. quartzite is 1 big open air swap meet type place during winter. but i feel all pain lol my last 2 months power bills where 600 each house thermostat set 77 deg solar screens on west side of house windows during the summer the us so west's powers suppliers just plain fn rape us in larger citys

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
:jawdrop:
I think I'm about as awed as everyone else here to find out the outrageous prices they charge you guys for hydro.
My reasons for being energy conservative are more environmental than financial.
Maybe since you pay so much for hydro and I have the energy conservative set up, maybe we should trade set ups? :chin: :rolleyes:

Man...your thread is hopping, it's getting packed in here, I'd better stop walking around in my underwear eh? :headbange

I'm in my third home now. I updated the first 2 myself :pointlaug I gave up and got lazy on the third and bought something that was completly updated and efficient :woohoo:
You'd guys better get on Ahnold to do something about better incentives for efficieny updating and capping the hydro companies from committing such gouging atrocities :dueling:

GMT might be on to something here with venting grow lights to create ducted heating. Just add a carbon scrubber to clear the smell... :chin:

On with the show MGJ :lurk:

G

:fsu: Electricity prices SUCK out here!!!!! I think they are still using the same baseline from the 70's? Back when we didn't have all of these electronic gadgets. Gas prices are even worse and now they have a proposition on the ballot to raise gas taxes again. :badday: :badday:

Californian politicians are becoming HOGS at the trough when it comes to taxing the shit out of us poor people.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!! I think that's what it's going to take to get control of our out of control politicians.

Sorry MGJ :rant: Now how about some more beautiful pics to get our minds off of how we are being raped every day????

GCG

somoz

Veteran
Haha: yeah cali's energy costs are absurd but if i grew in cali that 800 dolla bill would be closer to 1600........They pay twice as much as i do per kwh.......hehe......suckas!

Yeah, how about some pics greeny to get us back on target here........

moz

G

^^^ :fsu: :fsu: Hey Moz why don't you kiss my :moon: :moon: :moon: LOL :kissass: :dueling:

GCG

Come on MGJ let's get some pics these guys are trying to steal my gas mask again!!!!

sparobis

Veteran
wow mgj...
might as well take up residence in your grow room!!!lol
good luck bro,keep on keeping on soldier!!
carry on!
peace
sparo

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya GMT!:wave:
Sure as sunshine. Not a big lover of stress either. Sounds like we're on the same wavelenght. Venting through the house wouldn't cut it though - my wife would start taking out her stinky candles (ducking) to cover the smell :yoinks: :laughing:

Hiya HC!:wave:
Man - I gotta move to your neck o' the woods! Excedrin moments - they used to have some funny commercials.

And Alex!:wave:, man looks like it pays to be in the EU!

Hiya Hughie!:wave:
My wife has been ok with it, expecially when I let her know what club med purchases cost. But she doesn't think much of the power company :bat: .

HIya FJ!:wave:
120e - man, another vote for the EU. I gotta say your power rates look pretty great from over here! Hmmm - hey honey - whaddaya think of Europe this time of year?:biglaugh:

Hiya somoz!:wave:
Yeah, that's still better than cali - I don't run any AC. Can't imagine what it would cost if I did. That bills not too bad though, not with ac and 2 living areas. Sure wish it was cheaper all around and all over though!

Hya MPH!:wave:
Thanks for the tip on the quartzite meets! Will have to try and go sometime - must be a scene! Sorry that you're another dealing with a rip-off power company. Imagine what it'd be like if you didn't have those solar screens :yoinks:

Hiya TML!:wave:
No dress code here - walk around in a roman toga if ya want! :headbange Yeah, we need to give Ahhnold a good talking too - wouldn't be surprised if his money is energy vested in some way :confused:

Sorry although it's tempting - no trade - lotsa sweat equity in my basement... Got things low tech cripple friendly :dueling: :laughing:

Garlic - I vote you revolutionary general! Viva las tapas - oh no, that was Zapata:laughing:

Hiya Sparobis!:wave:
Thanks for dropping by man! Always welcome, stay as long as ya like my friend - plenty of room for all, here take a canna-treat for the road... :wave:

OK - on with the updates...

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Day 14 plant pic:
Did the veg transplants on the 12th and 14th. Hard to tell the size of pots when they all look the same size, so here's a pic at the end of first session with the G99s still in the 4" pots.

Powerskunk day 16 veg + closeup of the phatty

Golden Pineapple day 16 veg, runty on the left

G99 day 14 left day 16 right, 2 more G99 at day 16 veg

The younger ones are catching up quicker than I thought they would...

Sourbubble BX1 day 16 veg

So far so good on all of them, developing at a good clip. I'll try to take some more pics over the weekend... :wave:

Last edited:
G

:kewlpics: Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Looking good my friend, it's about time. :woohoo:

VIVA LOS REDNECKS!!! Oh sorry I guess I just can't get that out of me.

GCG

Latest posts

Latest posts