What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Venus Project Plans to Bring Humanity to the Next Stage of Social Evolution

THCengineer

The%2BVenus%2BProject%2B-%2BCity%2Bon%2Bthe%2Bsea.jpg

https://futurism.com/the-venus-proj...the-next-stage-of-social-evolution-heres-how/

The Venus Project Plans to Bring Humanity to the Next Stage of Social Evolution. Here's how:

In Brief

• The Venus Project is the culmination of Jacque Fresco’s life’s work to present a sustainable redesign of our culture.

• The project lays out a sustainable world civilization where technology and science are applied to redesigning our social system with the prime concern being to maximize quality of life rather than profit.

In our view, The Venus Project is unlike any political, economic or social system that’s gone before it. It lays out a sustainable world civilization where technology and the methods of science are applied to redesigning our social system with the prime concern being to maximize quality of life rather than profit. All aspects of society are scrutinized – from our values, education, and urban design to how we relate to nature and to one another.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
sounds cool but if it isn't about profit why is it in the shape of a dollar sign?

jk

THCengineer

While an overhead view of the mega-city happens to resemble the shape of an "S" , a "dollar sign" interpretation could represent an example of pareidolia. Pareidolia Pareidolia (/pærᵻˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus (an image or a sound) by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists.

Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, the man in the moon, the moon rabbit, hidden messages within recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing indistinct voices in random noise such as that produced by air conditioners or fans.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
conversely sublime communications are embedded in the mundane, take a look at a dollar bill

also this is not naturally made it is man made and while that design has pragmatic value (it creates two opposing harbors) but also stylistic and it might be there that the humans who created them both that finds them equally appealing

armedoldhippy

Veteran
we are not doing so hot in THIS stage of social evolution. just like pot laws, it is one step forward, step in shit, slide two steps back...

R

Rubber Chicken

conversely sublime communications are embedded in the mundane, take a look at a dollar bill

also this is not naturally made it is man made and while that design has pragmatic value (it creates two opposing harbors) but also stylistic and it might be there that the humans who created them both that finds them equally appealing

Very good :)

troutman

Seed Whore
Humans are not stable enough to live in structure like that for long periods of time.

They'll be a revolt and chaos will ensue.

Actually, that looks more like a high tech prison surrounded by shark infested waters.

WelderDan

Veteran
A noble idea. But in order for it to work, people would have to view each other as equal. And that will never happen. There will always be people that feel superior to others. And there will be conflict. There will always be someone who wants to take control.

A good indicator of future behavior is past behavior. And a look at our past behavior indicates we won't change anytime soon.

Troutman is right. Humans are not stable enough. The tribal instinct is too strong.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
I'm disappointed. I thought this thread would be about genetically altering humans to survive on and colonize Venus. Not a dollar bill shaped prison . . .
picture.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I see some advantages in quality of life, medicines, technologies etc...

but I've got a feelin' my fat ass would be one of the first voted off the island :nono:

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Whatever the intentions it's too late. Humanity is on a freight train hurtling down the tracks toward greed and self destruction. Civilization is a myth marketed to the gullible unwary masses!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
umm we are far more adaptable than that sadly it will be a major swaths of diversity in ecosystems that die out before we do though it might thin the herd some

our plants grow. even indoors without being so fatalistic

that is a feature we alone possess

moses wellfleet

Veteran
umm we are far more adaptable than that sadly it will be a major swaths of diversity in ecosystems that die out before we do though it might thin the herd some

our plants grow. even indoors without being so fatalistic

that is a feature we alone possess

Yes we will be an ecosystem with a single species humans farming other humans so that a select few can consume... Human flesh!

Zitz

Looks like a futuristic council estate lol, or some Aldous Huxley/borg type society...Covert oppression, invisible chains, distract them with iphones and sports while we take away their freedoms.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
David Icke tried to warn us about the Reptilians and we failed to listen.

My statement is based on simple mathematics if humans continue to breed in x amount of time there will be 100 humans per square inch on the planet. By that time every other living organism will be extinct. The only option will be to feed off other humans!

David Icke was based on a combination of Sci Fi, conspiracy, lunacy, and plain old fantasy!...mine is based on logic, horrible logic, but logic nevertheless... Watch out for my book!

St. Phatty

The shapes that work in physics sometimes resemble symbols associated with pariah political philosophies.

For example, the cross section of a vertical axis wind turbine is sometimes, a swastika, or close.

As far as the Venus Project, it is at best a useful stepping-stone and 'technology breadboard' -

UNLESS it can all be built using 'native' energy sources.

A "Utopia" city that takes a boatload of energy to build vs. a reduced energy footprint - so you get an energy savings after investing X amount of energy.

That ratio (energy savings vs. TOTAL energy invested) has a LOT to do with how viable the city concept really is.

'Total energy invested' is only realistic if you count a lot of detailed distributed energy costs, e.g. the marginal energy expenditure involved in the workers travelling to the manufacturing plants (on land) to build the Utopia city.

It might be useful in other ways, e.g. training a generation of aqua-farmers.

troutman

Seed Whore
My statement is based on simple mathematics if humans continue to breed in x amount of time there will be 100 humans per square inch on the planet. By that time every other living organism will be extinct. The only option will be to feed off other humans!

David Icke was based on a combination of Sci Fi, conspiracy, lunacy, and plain old fantasy!...mine is based on logic, horrible logic, but logic nevertheless... Watch out for my book!

It won't happen that human will increase in number like that.

Disease will take out the majority before then.

Just like too many goldfish in an aquarium.

You have a book?

Link please.

Latest posts

Latest posts